Game Day The "Watch It For The Kids" Special: Decimated Crows vs Sydney @ SCG

Who will lose by more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2555a7dfc108bb880cb233a456eebb14

Sydney by an unbelievably large amount

I like to think that I am a passionate (or should that be obsessive) crows supporter. I can’t recall the last time I didn’t see a Crows game live or a live telecast (if you accept that watching the frequently crashing AFL App overseas is a live telecast).

Tomorrow I have two options;
Option A - My partner wants me to drive her to Bellagio and have lunch with a view of Lake Como
Option B - Watch the slaughter at the SCG at our apartment on the AFL App.

The decision is obvious, Bellagio will still be there on Saturday :D.

Firstly, I think the best thing for The FOG is to play in the Twos this week. As a developing forward, you learn absolutely nothing watching the ball occasionally enter the F50 and you have to win a two on one to get a touch (although it will be pretty similar at the Ponderosa).

Like everyone else I can’t see the point of replacing The FOG in the forward line with Andy Otten. I expect Andy to play in defence or even as a big arsed midfielder but we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out whether we have a plan.

I like to think that I am a passionate (or should that be obsessive) crows supporter. I can’t recall the last time I didn’t see a Crows game live or a live telecast (if you accept that watching the frequently crashing AFL App overseas is a live telecast).

Tomorrow I have two options;
Option A - My partner wants me to drive her to Bellagio and have lunch with a view of Lake Como
Option B - Watch the slaughter at the SCG at our apartment on the AFL App.

The decision is obvious, Bellagio will still be there on Saturday :D.

I found it odd the game is not televised Friday in the States. Seems they are airing stupid soccer instead.

I haven't had issues with app you seem to have---but surely I have jinxed myself now.

Otten in is to cover for the loss of leadership in Sloane, Betts and Mackay. Don't think he was chosen on the basis of him being tall or small.

Really looking forward to see the young'uns get their chance. Hope they're hungry!

If we were playing Carlton or Brisbane at AO with a fully fit squad available then no matter what the score, I would consider a win as meaningless in terms of our flag hopes. Even a 100 point win. A loss however would be unforgivable and I would seriously question any chances we might have to win a flag.

I feel like tonight’s game is almost the reverse scenario. I don’t expect us to win and given the team that will line up, I don’t think a loss will really tell us much about our flag hopes. Assuming we get our players back, it would hopefully be a different team that plays in September. On the other hand, if we some how managed to win against Sydney it would be huge. The confidence we would draw from this in September from whoever performs would be immense.

It’s kind of a free hit.

I found it odd the game is not televised Friday in the States. Seems they are airing stupid soccer instead.

I haven't had issues with app you seem to have---but surely I have jinxed myself now.
We may be the only BFers awake.

I “have” to go to Europe every year for 4-5 weeks for “work”.

I usually stay in apartments so that may be why the AFL App keeps cutting out. I will find out tomorrow if the Swiss efficiency enables a trouble free reception of the massacre. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney by an unbelievably large amount

My one and only visit to the SCG was R1 2001 to see Syd smash us by 10g in Hayden Skipworths first game. I remember Ayres copping a heap of abuse from the travelling Crows fans as he trudged off.

I'm back up there again tonight for Poholkes first game hoping for a very different result!

2 of our greatest backs against the wall wins have been at SCG - the one where Porplyzia kicked 5g with only one working arm in the late 2000s, and the 2012(?) game where Reilly took the mark of his career and Petrenko kicked the sealer.

I hope Don has some new scripted lines he can trot out after $ydney tears us a new one.

The sharks will be circling.

Sydney by 118 points.

The game we have to lose. What a player/fitness management ballsup this season has been so far and wonder if intervention was required just to get Sloane off the field. Here’s hoping we’ve rethought our strategy and Pykes starting to recover from his preseason madness.

Great experience for the youngens and hope this will be an opportunity to string a few games together from here.

Sydney by 94 pts, with a respectable effort up to 3 qtr time for Buddy and co to put on a Harlem Globetrotter like display in the 4th and blitz away.

I think we'll be pretty competitive. Sydney by a couple goals.

Back