Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't say I've liked many of Tom Cruise's films but I generally don't like the sort of mindless action films he stars in like the Mission Impossible films.

That new film of his The Mummy just looks like more of the same sort of dross, light on storyline and originality and heavy on action and cool stunts.

He's good at what he does but I wouldn't call him a great actor though as he's pretty much a one trick pony always playing the good looking action hero.

Great actors like Daniel Day Lewis can play a variety of different roles and lose themselves in the character, with Tom Cruise you're always aware it's him.

Mindless action films like Mission Impossible? The first Mission Impossible requires a PHD to work out.

Also, I've never seen DDL do a fun action entertaining flick. Yet to see that variety. Guy Pearce for example did that once and nailed it (Lock Down). He has range and variety.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the FA cup final and just saw an ad for insurance for getting a sore neck when binge watching TV shows and sitting/laying at weird angles...
Not the worst ad I've seen. This is from America, wait for the list of side effects.

Not the worst ad I've seen. This is from America, wait for the list of side effects.

I was actually on this drug for awhile last year but didn't have any major side affects at all, did nearly have a heart attack when I read the list though :eek: (Unfortunately it didn't help my back pain either)

I don't get why people take time to make good sport montages, and then s**t all over it with some god awful song dubbed over the top.

Just give me the live game commentary for gods sake, nobody wants to hear your rubbish music.
Check out our Geelong Face-Off opener.

Moreso the former , as well as other factors like privilege (school / teachers/resources /your cohort etc). I did subjects which required little in the way of rote-learning (to the point where it took me a while to get used to rote-learning when I did a uni degree which required more of it)

Or gaming systems to get bonus points for difficulty - typical example is a kid with maths talent doing double math physics chemistry and taking uni maths as an extra; the uni maths even gave us a heads up on what the upcoming assessment tasks for the other maths would be (we just had 2 hours to solve not 2 weeks); use the maths for a lot of the physics as well, So only really end up studying maths, a little physics and the chemistry. And get rewarded for "difficulty" compared to the humanities student who does english, single math, history, geography, a language and drama - 6 separate subjects with no overlap - and get penalised for "easy subjects"

Or gaming systems to get bonus points for difficulty - typical example is a kid with maths talent doing double math physics chemistry and taking uni maths as an extra; the uni maths even gave us a heads up on what the upcoming assessment tasks for the other maths would be (we just had 2 hours to solve not 2 weeks); use the maths for a lot of the physics as well, So only really end up studying maths, a little physics and the chemistry. And get rewarded for "difficulty" compared to the humanities student who does english, single math, history, geography, a language and drama - 6 separate subjects with no overlap - and get penalised for "easy subjects"

Harden up - if you get a 50 the score won't be scaled

#dealwithit

No need to cry just because you're s**t at maths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back