Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Fox Footy legends lunch translates to literal legends of the game.

They did one for Chris Judd and chose a game where we beat Brisbane (who finished 13th) by 10 goals. He did have 39 touches and kick 4 but it was hardly the most pivotal game of his career.

I don't think Fox Footy legends lunch translates to literal legends of the game.

They did one for Chris Judd and chose a game where we beat Brisbane (who finished 13th) by 10 goals. He did have 39 touches and kick 4 but it was hardly the most pivotal game of his career.

From memory it was Judd's first really good game and the start of Brisbane's decline right? I think that's why I remember it.

From memory it was Judd's first really good game and the start of Brisbane's decline right? I think that's why I remember it.

Nah this was 2006. By that time he'd already won the 2004 Brownlow and B&F, 2005 Norm Smith etc.

Judd's break out game against the Lions was in 2003 when he kicked 5 in the first half and everyone lost their s**t.

Ah yes that's the one i was thinking of.

They should replay that one, though it was a Channel 9 game at the time.

In the return game in 06 Quinten Lynch kicked 8. At some function later on I think it was Stephen Quarterbrain asked some Brisbane players' kids who their favourite player was to try and get a 'Voss' 'Daddy' type response for the cameras. One said 'Judd' and the other said 'Big Lynch' which drew a delayed and befuddled response of 'Lynch? From West Coast?'. Seemed to cause a lot of confusion but was clearly a direct result of a young kid going along and seeing a guy have a good game recently. I don't think most kids in Brisbane in the 2000s actually grew up idolising the big Q.

"Only white man able to cut the bottom off a blanket, sew it back on the top and think he have a longer blanket"

Reasonably high opinion of herself, young Gwyynie.

I'd probably buy one, if I saw one on special at Coles. Just to see. And say "Yep, thought so" to no one in particular.

I don't mind DLS throughout this time of year when it's school holidays and the cricket and tennis are on, but I think it goes way too long. Does anyone actually go out to enjoy the extra sun after school and work in mid-March? Or even in mid-October for that matter.

I'd support a move that would see DLS become the first Sunday in November until the first Sunday in March (effectively slicing two months off the current length of DLS (one either side of the new year))

You can’t force the Sun to com up later.

it’s its own independent being who can decide on things on its own.
Unless one of us is the star of a real life truman show

I sometimes wonder if I was the 'star' of the Truman show, everyone would think when I was younger, geez he whacks off alot

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why 'kicking 5 in a half' is a big deal. To me all I hear is 'didn't bother the scorers for a half'. Why not just say 'kicked 5'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless one of us is the star of a real life truman show

I sometimes wonder if I was the 'star' of the Truman show, everyone would think when I was younger, geez he whacks off alot

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

There'd be a lot of technical difficulties and footage not found starting at 12 for me.

I don't understand why 'kicking 5 in a half' is a big deal. To me all I hear is 'didn't bother the scorers for a half'. Why not just say 'kicked 5'?

If one player kicks five in a half, every chance the game is done at half time. If a midfielder does, they can still do plenty of damage in the second without scoring.

On its own it isn't a big deal. Simon Beaumont kicked 8 in a half, Drew Petrie kicked 6 in a quarter. Mark LeCras kicked 7 in a half when he kicked his 12 against Essendon but people don't remember the half/half split because that's not what is noteworthy. A 6 foot forward who never kicked more than 6 in a game kicking 12 in this era is pretty rare.

People remember the Judd game because of how he did it. The first two were nothing special, the 3 in the second quarter were pure arrogance. Just ran away from every Brisbane player trying to tackle him like they weren't there. Some 19 year old kid just tearing apart the 2003 Brisbane midfield and defence doesn't happen every day. If Dusty or Dangerfield kicked 5 in a half now it wouldn't get as much fanfare.

On its own it isn't a big deal. Simon Beaumont kicked 8 in a half, Drew Petrie kicked 6 in a quarter. Mark LeCras kicked 7 in a half when he kicked his 12 against Essendon but people don't remember the half/half split because that's not what is noteworthy. A 6 foot forward who never kicked more than 6 in a game kicking 12 in this era is pretty rare.

People remember the Judd game because of how he did it. The first two were nothing special, the 3 in the second quarter were pure arrogance. Just ran away from every Brisbane player trying to tackle him like they weren't there. Some 19 year old kid just tearing apart the 2003 Brisbane midfield and defence doesn't happen every day. If Dusty or Dangerfield kicked 5 in a half now it wouldn't get as much fanfare.

Didn't Danger kick 5.6 in a half or something vs Hawthorn and it got much fanfare?

1. Why Sam Simmons is famous/popular.
2. Why young blokes try to look like him.

If you don't know who he is don't bother finding out. But I've seen a few dudes walking around with crap moustaches, big rimmed glasses (they probably don't need), s**t fashion etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back