Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why pro wrestling gets so much hate. The main arguments seem to be that its fake and that people that don't like it seem to believe that people that do like it think it's all a legit sport.

Its a form of entertainment, no different to television shows, movies or theatre.

Clearly there's something going for it if it survived past everyone finding out it was fake many years ago.

Adults talking about wrestling.

A self-parody.

Let me tell ya something brother

maxresdefault.jpg

Pro wrestling is a little bit of fun and escapism from other random crap that happens in the world. When I was growing up it was about the battle of good vs evil, it was pretty easy to see how "staged" it was, what with the emphasis of stomping the ground while throwing the punches etc. It has been a source of entertainment for donkeys years.

giphy.gif

I don't get why people fawn over someone like Kobe Bryant knowing he was in all likelihood a rapist whose wealth got him off.
Seems pretty obvious. He was good at basketball. Most people can separate the two things.

Was he a perfect human being? Of course not. Was he a generational talent at his chosen sport and should he be remembered as such? Of course.

People using his death as an opportunity to highlight the rape case are generally ******* idiots.

Seems pretty obvious. He was good at basketball. Most people can separate the two things.

Was he a perfect human being? Of course not. Was he a generational talent at his chosen sport and should he be remembered as such? Of course.

People using his death as an opportunity to highlight the rape case are generally ******* idiots.

Are you serious? You sound like a complete and utter *******.

Who gives a * what they are good at if they commit acts like that.

Imagine being the kind of campaigner who excuses a vile act because someone was good at something.

Are you serious? You sound like a complete and utter *******.

Who gives a fu** what they are good at if they commit acts like that.

Imagine being the kind of campaigner who excuses a vile act because someone was good at something.
Margaret Court, Wayne Carey, Shane Warne, Bradman, all seem to be terrible people too but sporting prowess allows them to hide in plain sight and that Carlton side of the early 80s? I hope you don't pass your moralistic eye over them too carefully.

Margaret Court, Wayne Carey, Shane Warne, Bradman, all seem to be terrible people too but sporting prowess allows them to hide in plain sight and that Carlton side of the early 80s? I hope you don't pass your moralistic eye over them too carefully.

There's terrible people then there's pedos, rapists and murderers.

Don't compare Margaret Court to a rapist. It looks utterly stupid.

Funny you mention her though because she cops heaps of abuse and put downs and she's never layed a finger on anyone.

So if it's ok to abuse her it's perfectly fine to call out a rapist too. Being able to throw a ball through a hoop comes a long last to rape in terms of importance.

I for one will definitely remind people he smashed a glass against his girlfriend's face when he dies.

I can understand people not wanting to hear about Kobe’s allegations (think he admitted it in the civil suit but...) I also think you have to consider the victim and the impact that watching her attacker being globally praised would have had also the way that could probably impact on any woman who has been a victim. He can be both and I tend to agree it’s a little distasteful to make his death about that but I’m sure his victim also thinks it’s oretty distasteful that he was so beloved in the first place

There's terrible people then there's pedos, rapists and murderers.

Don't compare Margaret Court to a rapist. It looks utterly stupid.

Funny you mention her though because she cops heaps of abuse and put downs and she's never layed a finger on anyone.

So if it's ok to abuse her it's perfectly fine to call out a rapist too. Being able to throw a ball through a hoop comes a long last to rape in terms of importance.

It's also arguable that margaret court actually did nothing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you can argue that if you wish. She's still never committed an act like Kobe did however.

I dont agree with what court has said, but the arena's name after her cause she was a champion tennis player. I dont overly have an issue with that. A gun player, no one can dispute it.

Surely you agree with me?

I dont agree with what court has said, but the arena's name after her cause she was a champion tennis player. I dont overly have an issue with that. A gun player, no one can dispute it.

You can separate Court the player with Court the homophobe and Apartheid apologist same way you can separate Warne the player and Warne the drug cheating philanderer.

It's also arguable that margaret court actually did nothing wrong.

She hasn't committed any crimes as far as I'm aware, but describing Martina Navratilova as "a great player but I'd like someone at the top who the younger players can look up to. It's very sad for children to be exposed to homosexuality" doesn't exactly give you the warm and fuzzies. She also thought apartheid was great.

And you can argue that if you wish. She's still never committed an act like Kobe did however.

Criminal convictions:

Court: 0
Bryant: 0

The key point there is "what she said". Saying something is very different to doing something physical in nature.

Saying something is merely spouting an opinion. Opinions can be dismissed easily enough.

Physical harm cannot however.

The key point there is "what she said". Saying something is very different to doing something physical in nature.

Saying something is merely spouting an opinion. Opinions can be dismissed easily enough.

Physical harm cannot however.

So you agree (with me) that the arena should not be renamed.

I get your disdain for Kobe. There's plenty of others in the NBA who have done wrong. It's a cesspool.

I don't get why people fawn over someone like Kobe Bryant knowing he was in all likelihood a rapist whose wealth got him off.

I have to disagree. I actually saw a good perspective on this from an old internet personality that explains my point of view regarding Bryant's death and allegations:

1580269221555.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back