Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely right. At the Ashes years ago at Adelaide Oval a small band of Aussies tried to start singing a song to rival the Barmy army. About 2 seconds after they started i reckon the whole Army stood up and sang for the next 10 minutes non stop, yeah they got put in their place ha ha
Went to boxing day not last ashes, one before, and sat in the barmy army with a few pommy mates. Puts Bay 13 or whatever the bogan version is to shame. More songs, more atmosphere, more fun. We really are clueless in the crowd participation area of sports...

Somehow the darts is dead here

Went to boxing day not last ashes, one before, and sat in the barmy army with a few pommy mates. Puts Bay 13 or whatever the bogan version is to shame. More songs, more atmosphere, more fun. We really are clueless in the crowd participation area of sports...

I don't think so, we just do sport differently traditionally. I mean before people started going on these junkets to the US on fact finding missions to the NBA etc we had quiet during quarters and at half time, now you don't get a break.

I don't think so, we just do sport differently traditionally. I mean before people started going on these junkets to the US on fact finding missions to the NBA etc we had quiet during quarters and at half time, now you don't get a break.
yes its not in our psyche or culture. we understated. perhaps more concerned with not looking silly to our peers

yes its not in our psyche or culture. we understated. perhaps more concerned with not looking silly to our peers
But we half try for it which is worse than leaning right into it or not doing it at all

Japan for example had 55,000 at the boxing last night and they largely sit quietly and watch.

We have a few bogans try for songs, repeat the same ones over and over which just bores people

Every culture is different but we try to copy others and never really have our own. It's weird here

But we half try for it which is worse than leaning right into it or not doing it at all

Japan for example had 55,000 at the boxing last night and they largely sit quietly and watch.

We have a few bogans try for songs, repeat the same ones over and over which just bores people

Every culture is different but we try to copy others and never really have our own. It's weird here
Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi, oi, oi.

Im surprised no one (as far as i know) play Let’s go Crazy by Prince at pregame or a qtr break. Perfect stadium song
Yeah true, perfect stadium song for those moments. Would suit afternoon/twilight in one of the more boutique stadiums.

I went to an SCG Anzac weekend game the day after news of his passing and they played both Sweet Caroline and a Prince song (can’t recall exactly which hit though, likely When Doves Cry)

Last edited:

You've clearly never heard a roaring "Kanga Kanga Kanga, Roo Roo Roo" shake Level 1 of Marvel Stadium.

An Aldi catalog (in Perth) featuring about 25 pages of snow gear...
do it here to in Qld (although granted its cheaper and closer to get to the ski fields here).
tho in saying that japan ski fields are probably the same distance from each coast

ive got the ski stuff before - its pretty good, good enough for zee germans, good enough for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the footy on Sunday (great day, not!) and had to get a bucket of chips. Went to get two beers first so carried them into the food joint and awkwardly carried everything to the register.

Fumbling around for my wallet, trying not to spill beer etc anyway asked "oh where's the sauce mate". Old 17 year old register operator just pointed to the end of the shelf thing. I looked and couldn't see any, "sorry where?" He pointed again and said "there!". It was actually on the other side of the shelf thing, I couldn't see it from my vantage point.

Anyway got the sauce and said "you know you might want to be more specific next time?" he said nothing and then after paying i said "thanks and have a great day!"

I wonder if that's how he responded every time someone asked him where the sauce was that day? Surely i'm not the only one who would have cracked it with him, I was fairly polite too I think.

An Aldi catalog (in Perth) featuring about 25 pages of snow gear...
I suppose some might need it for a winter snow trip. Shops in Queensland are selling overcoats and winter gear. I gave most of mine away when I moved here, keeping just a few items to take on trips south.

Sitting in ED of the children’s hospital waiting for my granddaughter to be seen and hearing a code blue over the PA

I cannot begin to tell you how sick that makes me feel

Hope all is ok OTC x

Thanks MEB
A “flu” - wanted to make sure it wasn’t RSV or the like - so many shitty bugs around

Just felt for the parents of the child who was coding

Sitting in ED of the children’s hospital waiting for my granddaughter to be seen and hearing a code blue over the PA

I cannot begin to tell you how sick that makes me feel
We spent a week at the children's before our kid was one eating to find out if they had cancer (they didn't) luckily

The kids in there though, you get why everyone there works so hard but by god it would be grueling

It was rough just visiting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back