Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

2 things I got told.

Not enough toilets
Not enough seating outside of main areas.

But other than that everyone loved it

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
They need to do something about the watering hole. People pissing in cups to not lose their spot hardly an ideal scenario for anyone

As for seating. It's not that big a course so unsure where decent seating would go and people stand to watch. Sit on the grass if people must imo

Even if you don't like golf (I have very minimal interest in it), I highly recommend trying to get to this event! I went for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it as much as Gather Round, that is how good the event was.

Rumour is that it will be in Feb next year so they aren't coming here straight after the Masters.

I'll be the grumpy loser who points out it's backed by the murderous Saudi government and should be boycotted.

They need to do something about the watering hole. People pissing in cups to not lose their spot hardly an ideal scenario for anyone

As for seating. It's not that big a course so unsure where decent seating would go and people stand to watch. Sit on the grass if people must imo
I didn't have a massive issue with seating, it's as good as you could expect for a golf course. I was able to get up into one of the mini grandstands right next to the green for the watering hole and 18th about a half hour before Cam Smith got there, didn't need to line up at all and had a perfect view.

Probably could do with more toilets and bars, but that's just fine tuning they will work out over time.

Went to LIV as well for the first time and had a great time. Yesterday was the best day by far because I think some of people that were just there to party did their dash Saturday.

Being able to walk up besides the players or even watch them tee off from the box was great viewing.

Would highly recommended the experience 👍

Even if you don't like golf (I have very minimal interest in it), I highly recommend trying to get to this event! I went for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it as much as Gather Round, that is how good the event was.

Rumour is that it will be in Feb next year so they aren't coming here straight after the Masters.

I went Fri and Sat, great event, had a lot of fun, I’ll be back next year

my beef broth turned out just ok, little disappointing tbh

however, the last 2 nights i've made gravy's using the leftover stock/broth (easy one thats just butter into the pan i've just cooked with, adding flour, then adding a nice generous amount of my broth into it), the one i made last night from the burnt on bits of chicken thighs was as close to KFC gravy as i reckon i've made

hell it was good!

my beef broth turned out just ok, little disappointing tbh

however, the last 2 nights i've made gravy's using the leftover stock/broth (easy one thats just butter into the pan i've just cooked with, adding flour, then adding a nice generous amount of my broth into it), the one i made last night from the burnt on bits of chicken thighs was as close to KFC gravy as i reckon i've made

hell it was good!

You may have posted it already but what recipe do you use? I use a lot of beef broth, never made it from scratch, well other than for Pho. I use the pre packaged stuff, Bonox, OXO cubes.

Warning, if you use these ones go easy on them, i used one in a pasta sauce and it nearly ruined it

eyJpZCI6IjhkMDkxZjA1M2VkNjRjZjI5YzdhMTc0MmY3MjVhNTZkLmpwZyIsInN0b3JhZ2UiOiJwdWJsaWNfc3RvcmUifQ

You may have posted it already but what recipe do you use? I use a lot of beef broth, never made it from scratch, well other than for Pho. I use the pre packaged stuff, Bonox, OXO cubes.

Warning, if you use these ones go easy on them, i used one in a pasta sauce and it nearly ruined it

eyJpZCI6IjhkMDkxZjA1M2VkNjRjZjI5YzdhMTc0MmY3MjVhNTZkLmpwZyIsInN0b3JhZ2UiOiJwdWJsaWNfc3RvcmUifQ
made it from scratch, was quite easy but just a long process

got about $10 worth of bones with heaps of marrow, baked them in the oven for 45 mins on a high heat, then threw them in a stock pot along with any of the burnt bits on the oven tray, along with the white part of a whole leek, 4 carrots cut up in good sized chunks, 3 halved onions, 2 heads of garlic, 3 bay leaves and filled the pot up with water. left that to cook for approx 18 hours, then strained the solids out. by that point, the leek and onion had pretty much disintegrated anyway

once i had just the liquid, i added salt and pepper to taste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

made it from scratch, was quite easy but just a long process

got about $10 worth of bones with heaps of marrow, baked them in the oven for 45 mins on a high heat, then threw them in a stock pot along with any of the burnt bits on the oven tray, along with the white part of a whole leek, 4 carrots cut up in good sized chunks, 3 halved onions, 2 heads of garlic, 3 bay leaves and filled the pot up with water. left that to cook for approx 18 hours, then strained the solids out. by that point, the leek and onion had pretty much disintegrated anyway

once i had just the liquid, i added salt and pepper to taste.

Yeah righto thanks for that. Similar to how i do it with Pho, though you add the bag of Pho spices to the mix as opposed to the veg, reckon I might give it a crack.

Baking the bones in the oven is much less messy than boiling them in the stock pot first that's for sure.

And after all those hours of cooking, what happens next... do you empty out the liquid and eat the pot
pray to the cooking gods it doesn't taste like s**t and eat/drink it with nice crusty bread

I was made redundant 7 weeks ago
It was just fantastic. Really.

Now, time to start the process of looking for a new adventure.
I always like to think I'd look at it this way if it happens to me.

Like a fresh start, new adventures.

7 weeks off sounds great too

Good Luck.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't made it yet but I do plan on trying this one at some stage. I love Chef Jean-Pierre so I reckon it will be great.

I was made redundant 7 weeks ago
It was just fantastic. Really.

Now, time to start the process of looking for a new adventure.
That’s a good attitude to take. Were you expecting it? Are you optimistic about finding another, better, job?

I was made redundant (unexpectedly) about 20 years ago and after a couple of false starts, found a job I really enjoyed.

Good luck!

Not so much pleases me as much as I think it would have been pretty cool but Mike Portnoy (drummer for Dream Theatre) almost played drums for Nickleback at a festival gig a couple of years ago but the festival got cancelled.

I haven't made it yet but I do plan on trying this one at some stage. I love Chef Jean-Pierre so I reckon it will be great.

The secrets are

1. Roast bones and veg is separate trays
  2. Bring stock to a low simmer and not rolling boil
  3. Repeated straining really helps
  4. After straining, reduce by a quarter
  5. If kids are around and you want to teach kitchen chemistry/magic clarify some of the stock into a crystal clear broth
  6. Save some to make a Demi. Slow reduce a decent bottle of red with some thyme, garlic and spice of choice like cardamom or star anise. Same time reduce the stock used by half…. Strain, strain, strain… cool and freeze in ice cube trays…. Perfect for use in sauces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back