Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrapped in foil and a towel and into the esky, love it when I have a few hours to rest it.
View attachment 2001220

I’ve spent a bit of time over there and yes I couldn’t believe the 11am opening, this was probably only 5 years ago too, wonder if it’s still the case?
7am openings daily and 9am Sundays at the shops around me. We're 'with it' now

Reddit. I just took a glance at /r/AFL and it might be the biggest collection of nerds I've ever seen. None of them have a clue about footy, and their posts have that typical redditor snark that makes you want to slash them with a knife. Every comment is about maximizing upvotes, and any comment that doesn't toe the line is downvoted into oblivion.

Reddit. I just took a glance at /r/AFL and it might be the biggest collection of nerds I've ever seen. None of them have a clue about footy, and their posts have that typical redditor snark that makes you want to slash them with a knife. Every comment is about maximizing upvotes, and any comment that doesn't toe the line is downvoted into oblivion.
So its for dorks that aren't cool enough for BF? Christ

So its for dorks that aren't cool enough for BF? Christ
They talk about BigFooty like it's the dark web lol

I don't consider myself a cool guy, but I'm definitely cooler than anyone who posts on /r/AFL.

I have found reddit to be all about the smartass comment content and nothing else.

I have found reddit to be all about the smartass comment content and nothing else.
Yes the Reddit shit posts making it into google ai summaries has been amusing in a dystopian way

I’m never up early enough to worry about opening times, but my closest Woolies closes 10pm weekdays and 9pm weekend, see a few people there between 9-10 on a weekend walking up to the door.

Closest Coles used to be 11pm weekdays, 10pm weekends, but now just shuts at 9pm every night, that pisses me off!
That's when they put out all the bargains ;)

I post on there as well but the general sentiment towards this place on Reddit is similar to what you are saying about there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigFooty has NO nerds!
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I just gave my annual lecture on gender differences in mathematics teaching and learning, and it still shits me that we have a society in which confidence, to the point of hubris, is installed in one part of the population, and humility, to the point of doubt in another.

Also, watch this. It's fantastic!

New person in our team is refusing to follow processes and is making things up as they go along and it's already causing havoc.

The person is extremely confrontative as well so I don't envy my snitching blowing back in my face.

Things were going splendidly in this new role and now I have to deal with an idiot who won't do the basics because they "never had a problem" in their old role.

New person in our team is refusing to follow processes and is making things up as they go along and it's already causing havoc.

The person is extremely confrontative as well so I don't envy my snitching blowing back in my face.

Things were going splendidly in this new role and now I have to deal with an idiot who won't do the basics because they "never had a problem" in their old role.
Funny we had a new person like that too once.

Unfortunately they were in charge as well.

Funny we had a new person like that too once.

Unfortunately they were in charge as well.
That's ok. I can deal with a change of procedure.

But when there is a set procedure and way of doing things and they come in refusing to adapt and think they know better, in their second week, it makes me shake my head.

That's ok. I can deal with a change of procedure.

But when there is a set procedure and way of doing things and they come in refusing to adapt and think they know better, in their second week, it makes me shake my head.
I think my situation was worse because you can't tell the manager they have nfi. Presumably you can do that with your new team member and escalate it if they don't pull their head in?

I think my situation was worse because you can't tell the manager they have nfi. Presumably you can do that with your new team member and escalate it if they don't pull their head in?
Yeah we are already discussing just "re-advising" the procedures.

If it gets worse, I will just speak to my manager and get them to deal with it.

Ordered something online early May, it should have arrived by Nay 10... get contacted by the sender who said to disregard the package had been sent then as they've just sent it now...

The 10 days has gone by and now I'm thinking going to a refund if the item hasn't arrived by Friday.
Do it. Get the refund

I post on there as well but the general sentiment towards this place on Reddit is similar to what you are saying about there.

Yeah, but I wouldn't care what a redditor thought about anything so it doesn't weigh heavily on me lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back