Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's no good. Can understand why you'd want to be extra careful with that age group.
They were great kids, but you needed to keep reminding them that you don't touch teachers. It's hard when their regular teachers allow it, and relief teachers come in and say no.

Inconsistency within classrooms causes trouble, and I understand their confusion.

When I was in primary school (1994-2001) and in Year 3/4, I had a lovely teacher named Mrs Dimas. She always had a sore neck, and I dunno how it started, but she used to get her students to take it in turns to massage her neck/shoulders, myself included (I was called on more often because I gave the best ones, and in fact I'm still told how good my massages are lol!). I never thought anything of it at the time. I imagine you'd be drawn and quartered if that happened these days.

When I was in primary school (1994-2001) and in Year 3/4, I had a lovely teacher named Mrs Dimas. She always had a sore neck, and I dunno how it started, but she used to get her students to take it in turns to massage her neck/shoulders, myself included (I was called on more often because I gave the best ones, and in fact I'm still told how good my massages are lol!). I never thought anything of it at the time. I imagine you'd be drawn and quartered if that happened these days.

I had the same teacher. I heard she married the Chinese teacher Mr Inn and went with the hyphenated Mrs Dimas-Inn

Ditto.

This young blonde teacher used to do the same thing. I never understood why the boys clamored to massage back then.

Remembering back now, that wouldn't fly ;)

For real? Not a father but that sounds horrendous. I would lose my mind if people accused me of that. What do you say to that? Probably not a good example to set to the kid if you tell them to go f*ck themselves I guess.

I had mothers in my daughters dance class request no dad's be allowed to go to photo day as young girls (probably 3-8 yrs old) will be getting changed for different outfits as they may be paedophiles. Dance teacher told them if they have a problem with it, their daughter can get changed elsewhere.

I had mothers in my daughters dance class request no dad's be allowed to go to photo day as young girls (probably 3-8 yrs old) will be getting changed for different outfits as they may be paedophiles. Dance teacher told them if they have a problem with it, their daughter can get changed elsewhere.

Gee whiz

What's the thought process behind this? We don't mind the pedos attending but just not on a photo day when they're changing costumes? Ok.

What's the thought process behind this? We don't mind the pedos attending but just not on a photo day when they're changing costumes? Ok.

Because 'I don't want my child getting changed in front of a man, its ok in front of a woman'. When asked if it would be ok if it was her husband, she said it would but doesn't want another man there.

And its not as if they were getting nude, they still had underwear on when getting changed. Turns out both women who complained are religious and also say people shouldn't put pictures of kids on facebook/instagram because of the paedophiles. Seems to be a pattern with these women.

I had a good laugh at the photoday with a couple of the other mums. To be fair I did have a perv.......on some of the younger mums

Because 'I don't want my child getting changed in front of a man, its ok in front of a woman'. When asked if it would be ok if it was her husband, she said it would but doesn't want another man there.

And its not as if they were getting nude, they still had underwear on when getting changed. Turns out both women who complained are religious and also say people shouldn't put pictures of kids on facebook/instagram because of the paedophiles. Seems to be a pattern with these women.

I had a good laugh at the photoday with a couple of the other mums. To be fair I did have a perv.......on some of the younger mums

LOL

Religious mums...because the church will protect them hahahaa

If there are leftovers from dinner i will continue to eat until finished so there's no need to get a container and pack them for another day
My theory on this is that I may as well eat all the food now, including my wife's leftovers as there may be a crisis tomorrow/next week etc so gorge on the calories while I can.

The thing I'm doing now that probably nobody else on GD is doing is hating on the Trivago Girl. Trivago ads have reached and breeched saturation point. I see her every day and I'm now absolutely sick of her. Whenever I have a beer she's there. Whenever I want something to eat she's there.

Go away Trivago Girl!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I'm doing now that probably nobody else on GD is doing is hating on the Trivago Girl. Trivago ads have reached and breeched saturation point. I see her every day and I'm now absolutely sick of her. Whenever I have a beer she's there. Whenever I want something to eat she's there.

Go away Trivago Girl!!

If you frequent establishments where there are no TV's, then you should be cured of your ailment easily enough.

Be like me & don't watch TV....It's a brain-washing tool to dumb-down the masses & control their sub-conscious emotions anyhow.

Orwell's warning should have been enough for us all really.

Go away Trivago Girl!!
Rather Ms Trivago than Mr Convincing

* me. I've heard of s**t like this in the news but never experienced anything like it to be honest. I read an article about how men have been shunned in change rooms at shopping centres etc because other mums don't think they should be in there. I've never had anything remotely like this happen to me.

If you frequent establishments where there are no TV's, then you should be cured of your ailment easily enough.

Be like me & don't watch TV....It's a brain-washing tool to dumb-down the masses & control their sub-conscious emotions anyhow.

Orwell's warning should have been enough for us all really.
Bigfooty ain't exactly brainfood either. We're all in here like rats getting our intermittent rewards in the form of mini dopamine rushes from those little red alerts at the top of the screen.

Bigfooty ain't exactly brainfood either. We're all in here like rats getting our intermittent rewards in the form of mini dopamine rushes from those little red alerts at the top of the screen.
Yeeeh. That’s the stuff

If it's brain-food you're after, then I suggest you try the Question Time board threads, beneath the SRP one.....We could utilise a few more thinkers in there, rather than just meme posters, who imagine that their milk-toast ideology packs any punch whatsoever.

If it's brain-food you're after, then I suggest you try the Question thread, beneath the SRP one.....We could utilise a few more thinkers in there, rather than just meme posters, who imagine that their milk-toast ideology packs any punch whatsoever.
youve got to be kidding?!

the brain power of bigfooty are the conspiracy theorists in the conspiracy and mysteries/etc board.

also....all the regulars who argue incessantly in all the Star Wars threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back