Autopsy Things you learnt: Sydney v Bulldogs (may include melting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply caught out of position. Could'nt have done a thing.

This is not meant to be derogatory to you personally so don't take it that way, but that is rubbish. Except for his bash and crash approach to the game Nankervis has no clue and offers little. Tippett's loss is what will cost this side a premiership chance because at the moment you have one of his replacements who can play and does have a clue but has the intensity of an ant and the other who has intensity and vigour but no idea how to position himself in a marking contest. It was highlighted twice on the members side of the ground where he was easily worked under the ball by the forming pack. It is no agenda against Toby just my opinion. Sam Reid's soft body is also killing our chances as a second key marking forward to take the weight of the SCG Members Stand Of Franklins shoulders along with the 21 team mates he carries most weeks would be helpful.

Has the talent and the smarts and would be of value there of course but even though he is terrible up forward at the moment is still the only player up there apart from Franklin capable of marking the football and kicking a goal.
Reid would be nice. At least can make the attempt like Heeney for Papley to crumb it

Has the talent and the smarts and would be of value there of course but even though he is terrible up forward at the moment is still the only player up there apart from Franklin capable of marking the football and kicking a goal.

Rohan looked good, though then he went back

Heeney is as you say capable but he is having no impact and being scragged

If only sinclair or nankervis had some impact

6 losses can still get top 4. 5 losses should definitely get top 4. So we don't want to lose more than 2 games for the remainder of the season. Back to back 6 day breaks V cats and hawks should be tough. Snag one of those and we are set up for a top 4 spot. Lose both and it will be difficult. Win both and boy oh boy wowee.
or like Derwayne on fox yesterday when buddy kicked that goal from outside 50..."oh baby!"

Rose can't kick at goal. Even in the warm ups he missed every shot.

Its a shame because he works hard,puts his body on the line, positions himself well to receive and seems to be sound with the ball in hand. Unfortunately does not seem to have the penetration in his kicking from outside 40 meters. Persevere though I say.

Sinclair played forward last might and did jack s**t in the air

Agree Punts. Gets his hands to them but just can't clunk them because he lacks that bit of steel. You see the good marking players of the comp with that little bit of edge about them whenever they are in a marking contest and almost protect the ball like you are trying to take something off them that is not yours. They own it. Sinclair unfortunately does not have that in his playbook.

This is not meant to be derogatory to you personally so don't take it that way, but that is rubbish. Except for his bash and crash approach to the game Nankervis has no clue and offers little. Tippett's loss is what will cost this side a premiership chance because at the moment you have one of his replacements who can play and does have a clue but has the intensity of an ant and the other who has intensity and vigour but no idea how to position himself in a marking contest. It was highlighted twice on the members side of the ground where he was easily worked under the ball by the forming pack. It is no agenda against Toby just my opinion. Sam Reid's soft body is also killing our chances as a second key marking forward to take the weight of the SCG Members Stand Of Franklins shoulders along with the 21 team mates he carries most weeks would be helpful.
Calm down mate. I'm not making a case for his retention, in fact I think he needs to have a spell. Just that in that particular incident he was caught out of position.

Sinclair played forward last might and did jack s**t in the air
How he fancied himself as a forward in the first place i'll never know. If he can't mark, must think he can pick up ground ball, turn his opponent inside out and screw them around his body on the boundary, from 50 out, or outrun his opponents.

Last edited:
Third quarter hurt.

Not that concerned as Bulldogs had a lot of half chances go their way whether it be in F50 or blind kicks out of their D50.

Guess the composure late that's lacking comes with the experience drop this year, just hope it's a lesson learnt come finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Naismith is worth a go at this point. At least he can hold a mark.

Apart from the game itself can Dunstall seriously just **** off from being on our matches, as a matter of fact any explayer of hawthorn can gagf. His commentary barracking is a bloody disgrace and is going to make me blow a gasket one of these days.
Dwayne Russell is really annoying also. If I want a Bulldogs supporter screaming in my living room I will make sure they at least bring the grog and nibbles. He is from the Darrell Eastlake school of ear piercing inanity.

Tell us why we can win it then.
8th position is two games off 1st, anyone can win it from here. All we need is that top 4 spot and to be relatively healthy and we have a chance.

Sure we don't have alot of margin for error on the run home but I don't see the point of throwing in the towel yet when there's 8 games to go before the finals start.

Rohan started really well across half-forward and gave us a marking target...why on earth would Horse and co then decide to make him loose man in defence? That's genuinely bad coaching.
I kept yelling at the TV, "get Rohan out of the ******* backline!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back