Things you only learned later in life ( and wish you knew earlier)

Remove this Banner Ad

I see my business partner Mr. Odeboyi has been touch.
Yes, he's promised he'll be getting back to me with my payment any day now. Amazing bureaucracy over there, the amount of fees and levies I've had to cover for him to release my funds is amazing! Still, paying out only $30,000 for a return of several million is a pretty good deal!

Yes, he's promised he'll be getting back to me with my payment any day now. Amazing bureaucracy over there, the amount of fees and levies I've had to cover for him to release my funds is amazing! Still, paying out only $30,000 for a return of several million is a pretty good deal!
It's amazing that even though he is related to a senior government minister we have to face all that red tape, I'm sure though that for a small additional fee we could attempt to expedite the situation.

I only recently found out Steve O'Keefe is Kerry O'Keefe's son.

And I didnt hear about WA winning the one day title till yesterday. Meanwhile Nic Nat doing a s**t makes front page news.

That girls are just as insecure, and are probably trying to impress you as much as you are them

Bit late, but 100%. I remember my first date with my ex, and I was so nervous because she was, in my opinion, much cooler and more attractive than me.

Wasn't until a few months into dating that I found out she was so terrified and anxious about seeing me that night, that she considered cancelling.

Bit late, but 100%. I remember my first date with my ex, and I was so nervous because she was, in my opinion, much cooler and more attractive than me.

Wasn't until a few months into dating that I found out she was so terrified and anxious about seeing me that night, that she considered cancelling.
As soon as that switch was flicked it was amazing how much easier things became

As soon as that switch was flicked it was amazing how much easier things became
Yeah, worst mindset you can get into is that everyone else is "normal" except for you. We're all s**t scared, even if it's not obvious.

Something I've learnt is that arrogance is usually a mechanism to hide insecurities. There is a reason why that douche bag barista or barman comes across as thinking so highly of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few things I've learned that I wish I could tell 15-year-old me (and still need to remind myself of all the time):

-Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.
-Always leave a place or situation better than you found it, even in the smallest way.
-Learning isn't something you finish at the end of school.
-Stand up for yourself.
-Own the fact you are capable of great evil.
-Only speak truth.
-Do what you know to be good.
-Don't be so selfish.

I'm just going to go with 'sex'. You can't learn about it soon enough, it is the meaning of life after all

Follow your gut. I'm actually re learning a lot of things now which I thought was outlandish in my early 20s but fitted me to a tee.

While yes you can grow and evolve (rather than change) you and everyone else will always revert to type.

Also those who seek to offer you advice/instruction/prompts/tell you what to do etc are not the ones who have to live your life. That is down to you and you alone.

Also those who seek to offer you advice/instruction/prompts/tell you what to do etc are not the ones who have to live your life. That is down to you and you alone.
Sage advice there. Reminds me of an old cricket coach who told me it was important to always listen to the advice that others give, but equally important to discern what is good advice to follow and what isn't. That's always rung around inside my head since I was a kid.

07bc13e68d133f604ba72e96cbdbac95.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back