This year is the biggest opportunity to get the flag I have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many injuries to key players this season and players out of form, to even reach premiership profile as a club, you have to have the right synergy going well. It’s definitely a year of figuring out how to improve the midfield and forward line components.

The defence is rock solid and has a lot of players that can come in and be consistent.

the team has great facilities to train and a hugely experienced coaching panel, but the midfield and forward line just hasn’t clicked well as of yet, unsure why, but it shows you how much a fine line between the consistent teams and teams still figuring out their overall strength.

at the moment it’s the defence that’s protecting the team from Consistent 50+ point losses and the midfield and forward players should be putting all their energy into not having so much responsibility be put on our defensive side of the ground.

small things like missing a goal uncontested and no pressure, hack kicks at goal, low percentage plays, missing simple marks equates to turnovers and is such a huge waste of energy and chances across the ground.

it felt like I was watching a casual VFL game against the bulldogs. I wouldn’t call it disinterest but where is the energy to win the ball? To enjoy wanting to take on the game and kick a goal. You can have 6-7 players putting in a heap of energy, but if you have players that know can play well when they want just giving up and not motivated well that’s not a premiership team profile.

the midfield struggles with poise and space around the contest, seemingly missing a solid inside midfielder, quite fumbly as well, the other problem is the lack of clean marking around the ground and contest, it’s such an important skill, if a player takes a grab, it’s 100 percent win of possession and moving the ball forward. Far better then a defensive tap to a 50/50 contest, especially if it’s not getting to a player but results in a turnover.

i think just making a qualifying final and winning that would be a great result this year.

Last edited:

It was fun while it barely lasted.

248482.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back