News Thread of #ECO

Remove this Banner Ad

We were told by the club and coach that we would be pushing for a flag by 2018. Well it's season 2018 and we are s**t. ECO.

It's probably a saner way to live.

I'm the opposite obviously, emotionally over invested but seriously not too angry or upset. I think most problems people have right now stems from over estimating how good we'd be. I sat down and looked at other clubs and use couldn't see why people were thinking it would all just work out great. We are 2 or 3 years behind where we thought we were and made mistakes. It's like thinking you were 15 minutes out of Sydney in the car and looking out and seeing the turn off for Canberra.
I was one who way over estimated our team - I really thought we would be a force this year
why - because I saw improvement in Billings , Sinclair , Acres , Steele , Gresham , Ross , Membery

whats wrong - I don't know , game plan , system , playing players out of position , leadership , coach.

what next - god knows - but looks like the team is broken

I was one who way over estimated our team - I really thought we would be a force this year
why - because I saw improvement in Billings , Sinclair , Acres , Steele , Gresham , Ross , Membery

whats wrong - I don't know , game plan , system , playing players out of position , leadership , coach.

Nah stay positive mate, it's not really broken just behind where people saw them. It's not something that magically all of a sudden improves with out all the elements falling in place. Brisbane are a recent example of it. drafted badly, players left, kept going to the draft and developing their youth and eventually the tide starts to turn, it's just slow. Carlton as well are building up the same way. we need o keep getting high quality into the club through trades and drafting. Coffield looks like he could be one of the best picks we have ever had with that debut. If him a Clark are guns it makes a massive difference to how long it will take. Just need a bit of luck and keep plugging away. We are extremely young and our older players aren't really stars except Jack Steven. The Hawks were in a similar position before their current era.

i'm in. now what do we do?

can we get some richmond people in to help us through this hahahaha
Yeah, y'all are gonna regret this if you win a flag. But at least understand that being #eco doesn't mean you get angered by the club for its actions, it means you just don't care. And you shouldn't check back in later in the season, that's bandwagoning. Once you're out, you're out.

Yeah, y'all are gonna regret this if you win a flag. But at least understand that being #eco doesn't mean you get angered by the club for its actions, it means you just don't care. And you shouldn't check back in later in the season, that's bandwagoning. Once you're out, you're out.
I don't think Saints winning the flag is going to enter the equation this year:D. However, as a Pom newbie to Aussie Rules, I'm certainly not bailing out at this stage, even if we lose every match from now on. For #ECO, I say #Hard Yakka. :thumbsu:

There will be no checking back in in 2018. When we win a game, it will be a mildly pleasant feeling. When we lose most weeks, it will not effect us anymore. We may choose to rationally analyse or simply walk away.

I do however reserve the right to check back in when a new year clicks over!

Going into the season I had no idea how we'd go.

It was probably the first time in many many years that I didn't have an fairly good feel/expectation as to how we'd perform/travel for a season.

I wanted to find out whether all of Billings , Sinclair , Acres , Steele , Gresham , Ross , Membrey would go to a level above their 2017 form.....this would determine how our season went and of course where these guys would take the club over the next 5-7 years.....,along with additions each year.

For me...Joey and Roo retiring put the club in reset mode.......with the next generation steering the ship.

So far......it's not great........and you can't help but get that gut wrenching feeling that we aint going anywhere.

Nah stay positive mate, it's not really broken just behind where people saw them. It's not something that magically all of a sudden improves with out all the elements falling in place. Brisbane are a recent example of it. drafted badly, players left, kept going to the draft and developing their youth and eventually the tide starts to turn, it's just slow.
gringo.......that's a very upbeat post from you after a bad night at the office.

With you all the way with what you said......we don't have any choice now but to try and bring in quality talent.

As you say....it can be turned around....but obviously not as quickly as many thought.

Reading about Coffield and Clark pre season.....I got the feeling that these 2 are more talented than about a third or more of our current list.....that for me had my alarm bells ringing as to the state of our list.

I was impressed with what I saw of Marshall last night.......his agility a few times for a big guy surprised all of us....in one instance....he scooped the ball off the deck and shot a handball or kick out of heavy traffic and hit the target.....our eyes nearly popped out..lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello everyone.
My son kicked off his soccer season today. His team went down 3-2 but put in a good effort. They never gave up at any stage.
My son plays in the Under 14s competition in Sydney.
If you have become Emotionally Checked Out about the St Kilda FC please feel free to follow my son's journey through season 2018.
We are going to focus this year on kicking skills, teamwork and fitness.
I encourage other people to post about their experiences in sport as well.

A focus on kicking skills?!?! Where do I sign up?

I've got three kids who push me to the limits physically and mentally at least 10 times a week not just for two hrs on a weekend.

Saints pffft you got nooooo chance of breaking my spirit.
Give it your best shot you heartbreaker of a club.
I survived Barry Brooks, I can survive anything.

We were told by the club and coach that we would be pushing for a flag by 2018. Well it's season 2018 and we are s**t. ECO.
This is it in a nutshell, it's the fact we were promised this along with we will being massively aggressive in free agency and deliver quality players out of it...we've gained Carlisle, Steele and Austin.

Carlisle obviously filled a need at the time, Steele is a solid player but is he taking us to the next level..no and Logan Austin is merely a depth buy. You can't promise the fans all this and not deliver and then expect everyone to be turning up to games, 'we need the fans here it lifts us' well we need improvement and promises delivered that also lifts the fans.

Absolute rubbish
Put my hard earned cash into this club ill check in and out emotionally when i see fit

It's easy to be ECO when we lose. Let's see how many of you campaigners are still ECO when we pull off a big win (ie GWS / Richmond last year). That will be the real test. They will drag you back in, only to break you again...

No chance.

No chance.
Just gotta be smart. Don't let yourself back in.

Also don't really need to worry about beating anyone like that this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back