Portfolio Tiger Logo Concepts (by Mowse)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
well it's that time of year when the tigers completely fall apart, so I've entertained myself by doing some logo ideas.
I think the last one is my favourite, but always interested to see what you all think. Any suggestions welcome as always.

rfclogoconcept2.jpg

rfclogoconcept1.jpg

rfclogoconcept3-1.jpg

Re: tiger concepts

I get what you're trying to do (especially with the 1st and 3rd row), but I don't think it works with a tiger for some reason. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing lions in the same sorts of things.

I get what you're trying to do (especially with the 1st and 3rd row), but I don't think it works with a tiger for some reason. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing lions in the same sorts of things.

Yeah, trying to combine a traditional 'rampant lions' style with a modern twist - not easy.
The stripes make tiger logos very tricky, because its easy to get carried away and make them too detailed (see my second logo).
The last one is the 'simplest' and probably why I like it the best.

Top class logo's Mowse, but I think they're a bit too classy and fancy for an AFL logo.

It's a sad indictment on the game if my stuff is too classy for it. :(

It's a sad indictment on the game if my stuff is too classy for it. :(

Absolutely!
I'm of the opinion that all AFL clubs should have a Sheild/Crest/Classy/Monogram whatever type logo (Like Mowses first drawing. Or Melbourne and Collingwood) that is for corporate stuff and a second 'kiddy'/mascot/american-type logo (Like Brisbane, Adelaide or the 'speculated' new tigers logo. Just my 5cents.

well it's that time of year when the tigers completely fall apart, so I've entertained myself by doing some logo ideas.
I think the last one is my favourite, but always interested to see what you all think. Any suggestions welcome as always.

rfclogoconcept2.jpg

rfclogoconcept1.jpg

rfclogoconcept3-1.jpg
1st: Don't really like it, if I didn't see the Tigers writing and didn't know what the game was I wouldn't have a clue that was a tiger.
2nd: Great but not much of a fan of the jumper, can I see it without the jumper?
3rd: Nice simple and aggressive but I think it's missing something.

Very critical I know but that's just what I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the idea of the first one is great, but for mine it's a bit busy with the two tigers and the other trinkets. I thought it would look stronger with just the one tiger. I chose the one facing right because the shape of the body sort of resembles the Richmond sash.

28irdqw.png

P.S. I hope you don't mind me tinkering with it!

That does look good Jose. It's much cleaner. I might have a go at tweeking the tiger to fit the 'sash shape' a bit better. good work.

Absolutely!
I'm of the opinion that all AFL clubs should have a Sheild/Crest/Classy/Monogram whatever type logo (Like Mowses first drawing. Or Melbourne and Collingwood) that is for corporate stuff and a second 'kiddy'/mascot/american-type logo (Like Brisbane, Adelaide or the 'speculated' new tigers logo. Just my 5cents.

It works well for the NHL. They have 'secondary' logos and it's a big boost for merchandise sales. also a bit of fun.

Love how Geelong do this. Both look absolute quality and are probably better than most of the other logos. Reckon Port could do with a universal logo now that the AFL and SANFL clubs have officially 'merged'. Of course this would only be for commercial use and the Power and Magpies would still have their own seperate logos featuring the different 'mascots' and colours. For this idea it could be something as simple as a shield with the vee and prison bars featured somehow or even just combining both logos somehow (e.g. incorporate them into a shield or something similar to a coat of arms)

Mowse, this is brilliant, I love it, specially the 3rd one. No I don't think Richmond would take that, but it's so creative. Great work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back