Time For The AFL To Turn Up The Heat IN NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on almost every point. However there is still significant VFL bias when it comes to Friday Night Footy. Why do the AFL think that at least 1 Victorian side HAS to be playing in the Friday night timeslot?

Surely if you can foresee that GWS vs Adelaide would most likely be a top of the table clash when doing the upcoming seasons fixture, what is their reasoning for thinking that say a St Kilda or Geelong fan, who loves footy, would not tune in because a Vic side isn’t represented?

I agree with that. Why showdowns for example don't go on a Friday night slot is strange. Everyone watches Friday night no matter who's playing as long as it looks like a good game. The AFL needs to revisit their Friday Night policy in general I think.

I agree with that. Why showdowns for example don't go on a Friday night slot is strange. Everyone watches Friday night no matter who's playing as long as it looks like a good game. The AFL needs to revisit their Friday Night policy in general I think.

You answered your own question. Everyone always watches Friday night regardless. Better to put a game of high interest in a usually lower rating slot, to boost the ratings on that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back