News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Gil can't do anything if McGowan tells him to gagf.

Flying non-WA based clubs into WA is currently incompatible with WA's hard border closure.

If McGowan is fair dinkum and consistent he either can't let them in or needs to rescind the current rules and open the border to all.

I know which one I'd be betting on.
He can let them in with a 2 week quarantine period and then host games with crowds at his huge expensive stadium.

Pack up all the Essendon players with negative tests tomorrow and put them all on a plane directly to a quarantine hotel. If they have to quarantine anyway they may as well do it in Perth.

The figures from the last week do not look good.
View attachment 896343
That's a large increase in the space of a week.
Essendon-Melbourne fixture has already been scrapped as a result.

With Victoria being the only state where coronavirus hasn't been eliminated or the curve flattened.
What does this mean for the AFL on a national scale?

NT, SA, Tasmania and ACT are all completely free of coronavirus.
Queensland and WA are on the brink of achieving elimination too.

NSW, ACT and Victoria always aimed to flatten the curve.
The other jurisdictions went for an elimination strategy.

So far it appears that the flatten the curve strategy is working for NSW and clearly worked for ACT.
Why is it failing in Victoria despite having by far the strictest lockdown measures imposed out of any jurisdiction?

What does this mean for the rest of the AFL season with 10/18 teams being Victorian based?

While Brazil had 55k+ new cases for the day.
1592660607895.png

Attachments

• 1592660555075.png
    1592660555075.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 197

He can let them in with a 2 week quarantine period and then host games with crowds at his huge expensive stadium.

Pack up all the Essendon players with negative tests tomorrow and put them all on a plane directly to a quarantine hotel. If they have to quarantine anyway they may as well do it in Perth.

I suggest you read up on the WA restrictions. AFL Footballer doesn't make it as an occupation that you can get an exemption for. If he lets them in without opening up the border to everyone, he'll look like a goose. At the moment he's riding about a 95% approval rating. I know Sandgropers love their footy, but I think he'd taking an absolute smashing if he made them exempt and let them in.

Even if he does let them in, the current quarantine regulations quite clearly state that you aren't allowed to leave your room for the full 14 days, save for a medical emergency or a fire.

If they were to be let in and then subject to the strict quarantine rules, they couldn't sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks and not train and then after 14 days just start playing, there would have to be a period when they're allowed to train so they can run out a game, so know we're looking at at least a 3 to 4 week delay.

It's just not going to work as it is now unless there's some softening of restrictions from McGowan and I wouldn't put any money on that happening.

I suggest you read up on the WA restrictions. AFL Footballer doesn't make it as an occupation that you can get an exemption for. If he lets them in without opening up the border to everyone, he'll look like a goose. At the moment he's riding about a 95% approval rating. I know Sandgropers love their footy, but I think he'd taking an absolute smashing if he made them exempt and let them in.

Even if he does let them in, the current quarantine regulations quite clearly state that you aren't allowed to leave your room for the full 14 days, save for a medical emergency or a fire.

If they were to be let in and then subject to the strict quarantine rules, they couldn't sit in a hotel room for 2 weeks and not train and then after 14 days just start playing, there would have to be a period when they're allowed to train so they can run out a game, so know we're looking at at least a 3 to 4 week delay.

It's just not going to work as it is now unless there's some softening of restrictions from McGowan and I wouldn't put any money on that happening.
The can stay In tents with swags on Optus stadium. Then they would never have to leave their “room” 😁

NSW has 3x the active cases, but nobody is talking about GWS/Sydney.

Have some respect for the state that props everyone else up.

Incorrect, although their cases are slowly trickling upwards.
20200621_082515.jpg

Nowhere near the extent of Victoria though.
20200620_205216.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am okay with the Tigers going to a hub in another state as well. If things get worse in Victoria then it is logical. Although I would say if they continue with a Gold Coast/Brisbane hub those two teams would need to travel and that hub would have to be made up of Victoria and Sydney teams.
Seeing as though we play West Coast in round 5 I could see us being put in a hub is SA to play the two Adelaide teams plus one or two other teams.

The figures from the last week do not look good.
View attachment 896343
That's a large increase in the space of a week.
Essendon-Melbourne fixture has already been scrapped as a result.

With Victoria being the only state where coronavirus hasn't been eliminated or the curve flattened.
What does this mean for the AFL on a national scale?

NT, SA, Tasmania and ACT are all completely free of coronavirus.
Queensland and WA are on the brink of achieving elimination too.

NSW, ACT and Victoria always aimed to flatten the curve.
The other jurisdictions went for an elimination strategy.

So far it appears that the flatten the curve strategy is working for NSW and clearly worked for ACT.
Why is it failing in Victoria despite having by far the strictest lockdown measures imposed out of any jurisdiction?

What does this mean for the rest of the AFL season with 10/18 teams being Victorian based?

just demand Victorians shower and change their underwear daily. This should see the stats fall in line with the rest of the country.

#thestatsdontlie

Think about what you wish for. You know a "hub" doesn't mean having to go across town to Metricon. You may have to go to another state!

All clubs have to do their bit. Happy for tiges to do theirs. Relax mate. It’s Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ban Essendon for the season and no draft picks for the year. Haven’t taken COVID seriously. Introduce bye round.

Ban Essendon for the season and no draft picks for the year. Haven’t taken COVID seriously. Introduce bye round.
It’s the first time. An essendon player has tested positive to anything, I’m surprised the spreadsheet didn’t get lost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back