News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think?
What do i think? I think the season is done and should not have started. It will only take a couple of positive tests on players and it will be the end of it. Why are the AFL not taking steps to put another venue in place for the GF just in case? This is not going to disappear for quite a while and to still pin hopes on a MCG GF is pissing into the wind.

Was our performance underwhelming, hell yeah.

In retrospect we lost to the two host teams plus port.

There is a series of quotes in the article that specifically say West Coast have "cracked the sads" etc.

Victorian teams will soon learn how hard it is to knock over a host team on their home turf when you're hubbing it up.
I hope you are not taking one journalists opinion as the view of an entire state (or even an entire states media cohort).

What do i think? I think the season is done and should not have started. It will only take a couple of positive tests on players and it will be the end of it. Why are the AFL not taking steps to put another venue in place for the GF just in case? This is not going to disappear for quite a while and to still pin hopes on a MCG GF is pissing into the wind.
I agree that I dont think it will be completed in its 17 game + finals intention, but at the time I agreed with the decision to give it a go. The AFL simply had to generate some revenue for 2020. Without the games we have had and will have, the consequences would have been disastrous for the league.

The NRL got it right and will complete their season, the AFL had to have a crack at the same.

View attachment 908220
Breaking news... On the GC.

I live at Burleigh Heads and I've been seeing AFL players out there every day.

I was under the impression that AFL players weren't allowed to leave the hotel grounds. So the fact that you are seeing them is intriguing. Highly doubt that the this person is an AFL player. Apparently said person was spearfishing. So that would rule out an AFL player.

I was under the impression that AFL players weren't allowed to leave the hotel grounds. So the fact that you are seeing them is intriguing. Highly doubt that the this person is an AFL player. Apparently said person was spearfishing. So that would rule out an AFL player.
Nup they love Burleigh beach. And just Burleigh in general. Here is a photo of my GF and some of the west coast boys Friday evening (Burleigh Bowls Club in background) . Shuey was a great bloke.
received_990949014694404.jpeg

I hope you are not taking one journalists opinion as the view of an entire state (or even an entire states media cohort).
you have to be living under a rock not to hear that message echoed in the media each week. The players copped a ribbing just for requesting a few creature comforts for their hub stay while they were holed up in their rooms for weeks on end. I seem to remember a number of vic posters finding joy in highlighting this so not sure why you’re confused with the negativity towards Riewoldt when he nearly broke down after one day in the hub

Once they serve their 14 day quarantine they are allowed out into the community basically (still with some restrictions I understand), so it would be the WA/SA teams outside at the moment

Nup they love Burleigh beach. And just Burleigh in general. Here is a photo of my GF and some of the west coast boys Friday evening (Burleigh Bowls Club in background) . Shuey was a great bloke.
View attachment 908232

Maybe it's just the victorian teams that have more restrictions then?

Nevermind GCS in 11 said this in a post above.

Dammmm apparently it's Chumpy Pullin the snowboarder :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do you think that if they get seventeen rnds in they wont have finals if they can't use the MCG as you alluded to.

you have to be living under a rock not to hear that message echoed in the media each week. The players copped a ribbing just for requesting a few creature comforts for their hub stay while they were holed up in their rooms for weeks on end. I seem to remember a number of vic posters finding joy in highlighting this so not sure why you’re confused with the negativity towards Riewoldt when he nearly broke down after one day in the hub
They copped a ribbing from Caroline Wilson, Matt Pavlich and Kane Cornes on the requests they made at the start of the hub experience. A Vic, WA and SA journalist. Hardly journos you would take seriously let offense to.

I understand the sensitively in comments from the media when it is your team. One can assess commentary rationally while another may see the same footage and view it emotionally.

Neither view is wrong, consistency in assessing such matters is more critical.

Your statement that Riewoldt ‘nearly broke down after one day in the hub’ is a perfect example of this. I see it as someone who is honest and open and accepting the situation as it is.

Just like Coach Simpson was in his comments. You wouldn’t say Simpson nearly broke down when he made similar comments would you? That would be a consistent view but I’d imagine your teams bias would suggest you believe his comments are perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just the victorian teams that have more restrictions then?

Nevermind GCS in 11 said this in a post above.

Dammmm apparently it's Chumpy Pullin the snowboarder :(

Man bloke died like 4 minutes ago and someonehas already updated his wiki page, don't campaigners have better things to do.

Just got my ticket to Freo v Saints on the Gold Coast!

Happy Victorian/Queenslander
Can I ask, are you a Saints member or did you find another way to get tickets? I been trying to get tickets to Geelong v Brisbane at the SCG tomorrow but doesn’t seem to be anything available to the general public yet.

They copped a ribbing from Caroline Wilson, Matt Pavlich and Kane Cornes on the requests they made at the start of the hub experience. A Vic, WA and SA journalist. Hardly journos you would take seriously let offense to.

I understand the sensitively in comments from the media when it is your team. One can assess commentary rationally while another may see the same footage and view it emotionally.

Neither view is wrong, but one may be more correct than the other.

Your statement that Riewoldt ‘nearly broke down after one day in the hub’ is a perfect example of this. I see it as someone who is honest and open and accepting the situation as it is.

Just like Coach Simpson was in his comments. You wouldn’t say Simpson nearly broke down when he made similar comments would you? That would be a consistent view but I’d imagine your teams bias would suggest you believe his comments are perfectly acceptable.
They also copped a ribbing from posters such as yourself. So if such balanced, unbiased posters like you can make jokes about players requesting a PlayStation for hub life surely you’re not surprised with others attitude towards Riewoldt. Getting visibly emotional after one day in a hub is a bit more OTT than hoping to play video games over a long stint away after all

Could Gerard Whately shove his tounge any further up the players backsides? This bloke didn't give a fu** when the interstate clubs had to hub. Now that the vics are being put out of their comfort zone hes acting like they're ******* war heroes. Unbelievable stuff.
What did he say?

I know there’s a lot more to it - reproduction rate, number of active cases etc - but it still doesn’t quite sit right with me letting crowds back into the footy just yet. The BLM protests didn’t sit well with me at the time for the same reason, despite them going ahead at a time with almost zero transmissions happening in all states.

I’m really hoping that this massive easing of restrictions doesn’t come back and bite us in the arse in a month’s time. And if you think the “I told you so” media brigade have gone hard after BLM despite no causal figures to back them up, wait until they get ahold of something they perceive as superfluous as footy crowds in their holier-than-thou mitts.

Getting visibly emotional after one day in a hub is a bit more OTT than hoping to play video games over a long stint away after all

I don’t care if you view something in a rational or an emotional way, just be consistent.

I could say both Simpson and Riewoldt were ‘visibly emotional’ (your words), or I could say they were both being honest and open (my words). Both are correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back