Toast TLR calls for vote on guernsey - update: Members vote for Premiership/Fitzroy Lion - it's back baby!

Remove this Banner Ad

What about this for something revolutionary - instead of making most teams play in insipid white guernseys when playing away (particularly those clubs that have no white in our colours) why not put the umpires in white and let us use our secondary colour as they base?
I never understood how umpires stopped wearing white when really North and Geelong had white jumpers. By the time 'jumper clashes' were a popular topic in the AFL Collingwood was wearing a black jumper!

The umpires have forced every team to have a white jumper against their will. Now fair enough the dockers and port now have white jumpers that suit in but why can't the umpires wear white when clubs don't have white clash jumpers.

987450_1_O.jpg

Bring back this!!!!! and let the clubs wear colours!

What happened to the mid-late 2000s. Depending on which teams were playing, umpire would wear yellow, or green, or red, or orange or white, etc.

Just 7 games left in what will be consigned to the history books pejoratively as "The Paddlepop Years"

Looking forward to our First round draft pick hopefully receiving one of these babies on the stage on draft day. Will be a nice moment to signify a new dawn.
rich-story.jpg

Just 7 games left in what will be consigned to the history books pejoratively as "The Paddlepop Years"

Looking forward to our First round draft pick hopefully receiving one of these babies on the stage on draft day. Will be a nice moment to signify a new dawn.
rich-story.jpg

Would be a nice thing to confirm with the club actually, you'd have to think it would happen. Would make a nice bit of promotion.

Would be a nice thing to confirm with the club actually, you'd have to think it would happen. Would make a nice bit of promotion.
One can only assume, no announcement will be made until they shift as much 'Paddlepop' as they can. This would be normal for any club in any sport, to move this year's stock before revealing next year's.
In our case though, they would be kidding themselves. Those championing a change won't be buying this this year's anyway. Nor would casual observers, given the team's onfield 'success' regardless of design. There would be enough paddlepop sympathisers/lovers to grab a few at discounted prices, so I don't see any announcement making much difference in this case. In fact, you'd think they'd clear more if they announced a change and this being your last chance to grab the current design.
The only logical explanation is that they haven't finalised the new Guernsey design. I hope they get it right.

I hope they at least put a little bit of Bears into the jumper...

They already do and always have, the maroon & gold was taken directly from the bears jumper. Yes, those colours also represent Fitzroy, so in the end you may describe it as a perfect match for our 'merged' club.

Can someone please mock up the traditional lion jumper with the slight V in it? Kind of like the one on the left of SizeMatters' post but with the traditional colour layout?

I'm curious, but also at work and away from photoshop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traditional for me. I've been looking forward to buying the new guernseys for my two little boys and having them open it on Christmas morning so hope they've got it sorted by then.

Traditional for me. I've been looking forward to buying the new guernseys for my two little boys and having them open it on Christmas morning so hope they've got it sorted by then.

Club and BLK have had plenty of lead time. No excuses will be tolerated!

There are always delays. I wouldn't expect to see it widely available until the New Year but I hope they at least do a mock-up for the jersey presentations to our draftees come Nov. Don't see the point in handing them a jumper they will never wear in anger and the members have overwhelmingly rejected.

I really ******* hope they can get that awesome bears-inspired clash strip approved by the AFL! I know it won't happen, but the thought of having that jumper, with the fitzroy red and the home maroon will have be shelving out around $300 on football jumpers for next year! Let's make it happens Lions!

Is LionsInsider still doing the rounds? A user on here commented a few months back about seeing a prototype of the Bears inspired jumper I am referring when he/she were in the Lions shop. I feel we need to push this design!

Hope the small watermarks aren't on the Guernsey next year, looks tacky imo.

Yeah completely agree with that. I just don't get the ridiculous watermarks concept at all. It was fine for a one-off hall of fame jumper as something a bit different, but we really should dump it from our main jumpers (not holding my breath though).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back