To Gibb or not to Gibb, thats the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people exist that don't want his footskills in our team. Silly much?

It's funny how back in February the media and the Blues were talking about him signing a new contract soon. Well we are almost in May and still nothing. There is now talk of the Blues benefitting from him leaving. Geez in the space of couple of months from loved and wanted to grabbing a young draft pick instead.

Aside from him we need to get Aish home. This kid can play and looks great. Not sure how we are going to pull that off unless we give up a first rounder for him.

Why do we keep banging on about Frawley. We wouldn't be top 10 in his list of preferred clubs. If he did come here it would be a decision based solely on money, and we've all seen how that works out - hello Cola Swans.

You realise that contested possessions include all that bullshit handballing around under pressure. Also if you get a handball out of a ruck contest then get the clearance it is a cp too. Cp =/= hardnose player.

When you say "contested possession" you could imagine 2 players running for the ball to take possession. However the possession is only registered on disposal.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
What would you like a contested possession to be then?

It's funny how back in February the media and the Blues were talking about him signing a new contract soon. Well we are almost in May and still nothing. There is now talk of the Blues benefitting from him leaving. Geez in the space of couple of months from loved and wanted to grabbing a young draft pick instead.

Aside from him we need to get Aish home. This kid can play and looks great. Not sure how we are going to pull that off unless we give up a first rounder for him.
Ask Jangofett

What would you like a contested possession to be then?

It's not me that needs a definition of cp. It's just that you can get heaps of cps which don't require you to make hard ball gets.

I wasn't saying that Gibbs is no good. But the fervor with which some are lathering up is unwarranted.

I do think he's overrated on this board.

He's probably the best fa left unsigned and there is the possibility of the return home factor. Will he improve our list? Yes. But remembering back to 2009......if we are going to do that we might as well pump up Mackay's tyres too.....

I hope it is Carlton's list and their needs on field which has held his development back rather than something else.

People have to realise Gibbs has stagnated badly at Carlton.... REAL badly.

It's difficult to make a proper assessment of him but undeniably he has class.

Bad coaching, development and being played out of position has not helped.

Imagine Gibbs on the run spearing a lace out pass to Tex... We would all cream ourselves.

That's all speculation. Only time will tell if Carlton was Gibbs' problem, rather than the other way around.

The simple truth is that if it was Murphy rather than Gibbs (and if Murphy was from SA) on the FA list, we'd be pushing shit uphill to get him. There's a reason for that.

Sent from my luxury yacht in the Bahamas

That's all speculation. Only time will tell if Carlton was Gibbs' problem, rather than the other way around.

The simple truth is that if it was Murphy rather than Gibbs (and if Murphy was from SA) on the FA list, we'd be pushing shit uphill to get him. There's a reason for that.

Sent from my luxury yacht in the Bahamas

I don't understand your point. Murphy has stagnated to the same degree Gibbs has.

I don't understand your point. Murphy has stagnated to the same degree Gibbs has.

Was going to say, I reckon Murphy and Gibbs have suffered very similar fates.

I wish Lachie Henderson played for a different club. I rate the guy incredibly highly and reckon he could be a star of the game in another side.

When you actually sit down and look at a lot of Carlton's youngsters, it's amazing how little so many of them have achieved. I dont want to be taking pot shot after pot shot at Carlton here, but their list development is questionable at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely
Rutten's last year definitely ....not sure Hartigan is the man ...still have ?

Would help if he didn't go to ground all the time at the first feel of body ......i like my KPP to be able to hold their feet when tackled or competing, Hartigan doesn't AP

Rutten's last year definitely ....not sure Hartigan is the man ...still have ?

Would help if he didn't go to ground all the time at the first feel of body ......i like my KPP to be able to hold their feet when tackled or competing, Hartigan doesn't AP

Hartigan will be a very good defender IMO however not the type that can take the monster Cloke type of forward however Frawley on the other hand is tailor made for this role

We need to get him. Think of all the players we have recently lost. Think of the draft picks we lost. Think of all the salary cap space we SHOULD have.

We can't catch up on the rest of the competition by simply drafting and trading. Every other team is doing the same thing. Our comparative advantage should be our larger salary cap space, so we need to make the most of it!

Our midfield is not wafer thin. It's a very strong midfield and bats deep, people underrate the performances of several of our lesser lights who rotate through there.

But making it stronger, stronger and stronger again by adding class footballers like Gibbs? Every day of the week please.

Our midfield is not wafer thin. It's a very strong midfield and bats deep, people underrate the performances of several of our lesser lights who rotate through there.

But making it stronger, stronger and stronger again by adding class footballers like Gibbs? Every day of the week please.

Don't disagree with you at all. In my opinion, the role players are there, but I think the top class segment of it is still a player or two short. Gibbs can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back