Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both did nothing wrong.

Cotchin won the ball, you saying he wasn’t going for it?
That was his secondary intention in that contest.

In the home and away he was getting a week for that, all day every day.

The old finals discount that seems to have disappeared

His hands touched the ball the same time the collision happened with Shiel, the ball was in dispute and they both went at it. Shiel didn’t protect himself.

You say Sloane went the ball? Dangerfield had the ball and got a handball away before Sloane got to him. Sloane was going the ball carrier not the ball. Not saying he did anything wrong but he wasn’t trying to win a contested ball as Cotchin was, Sloane was trying to make contact.

Either that or supporters can grow up and accept that adults are able to make decisions that aren't influenced by superficial things such as which football team they support.
Two points to make here:
1. Any professional organisation will insist that anybody in a decision-making position is to declare their conflicts of interest and have them step aside for any decision involving that interest. I imagine many people on this forum have had to do that at some point, and it is not on slur on their personal integrity but is a standard approach to upholding the integrity of the process. People have just been pointing out that's a reflection of the AFL's lack of professionalism (or is it something more sinister?) that they would have Messrs Christian, Wakelin and Williams (3 out of 4) with the same conflict of interest presiding over this decision.
2. We are all influenced to some extent by superficial things - it's what advertising and marketing depends on! Just read the posts on this forum to see how biased most people are towards the team they support. And look at how umpiring decisions can favour the home team - that's just a natural reaction to the influence of the crowd. Another example of the AFL's unprofessionalism was to tamper with the home ground allocations for the finals - again which team benefited?

How's Jimmy Bartel saying what Toby did was not that bad. Yet threw his former teammate Tom Hawkins under a bus saying that he was known for doing that sort of stuff. Probably still bitter Geelong gave him the 'thanks for coming'. He did say he could have played another 2 seasons.

How's Jimmy Bartel saying what Toby did was not that bad. Yet threw his former teammate Tom Hawkins under a bus saying that he was known for doing that sort of stuff. Probably still bitter Geelong gave him the 'thanks for coming'. He did say he could have played another 2 seasons.

Being an objective as possible, what Toby did this time around wasn't really that bad. I think most would agree. I thought he should've got a week for the Bontempelli gouge too, but this week, no real case. You can't punish someone for something they did in the past if you're being charged with something different. It makes the tribunal looks inconsistent or even a bit incompetent.

So yeah, not unreasonable if it was just Jimmy's honest opinion. He's supposed to be mostly impartial as a media figure, so can't be seen to be too pro or anti Geelong you would think.

Last edited:
I can't believe that Greene is being made out as the victim in this situation.

I guess those who think he is the victim also sympathise with rapists when the girl wears skimpy clothing :oops:
The Herald Sun was making him out to be the victim. Yet they also made convicted pedophile George Pell to be a victim too.

Two points to make here:
1. Any professional organisation will insist that anybody in a decision-making position is to declare their conflicts of interest and have them step aside for any decision involving that interest. I imagine many people on this forum have had to do that at some point, and it is not on slur on their personal integrity but is a standard approach to upholding the integrity of the process. People have just been pointing out that's a reflection of the AFL's lack of professionalism (or is it something more sinister?) that they would have Messrs Christian, Wakelin and Williams (3 out of 4) with the same conflict of interest presiding over this decision.
2. We are all influenced to some extent by superficial things - it's what advertising and marketing depends on! Just read the posts on this forum to see how biased most people are towards the team they support. And look at how umpiring decisions can favour the home team - that's just a natural reaction to the influence of the crowd. Another example of the AFL's unprofessionalism was to tamper with the home ground allocations for the finals - again which team benefited?
If I was you I’d go back through your Year 10 Logical Thinking notes.

You are suspending a lot of people if your going to be that literal and also have zero evidence of any actual injury or impact
You claimed Neale “didn’t touch his eyes” after the incident

I said that he covered his eyes and the area around them with his hands, and that would by definition be eye region

Now you’re off on some weird tangent

Although I don’t think “unnecessary contact to the eye region” is occurs g as often as you seem to think.

Finals discount got Nic Nat and Toby Greene off, but you don’t keep getting it if you’re a moron and keep breaking the rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe that Greene is being made out as the victim in this situation.

I guess those who think he is the victim also sympathise with rapists when the girl wears skimpy clothing :oops:
No, but I sympathize with a guy who was caught speeding and received a fine, then got caught speeding again the next week and went to jail.

No, but I sympathize with a guy who was caught speeding and received a fine, then got caught speeding again the next week and went to jail.

To be fair, he knew the speed camera was there.
Greene, Pell and Folau walk into a bar...

Greene, Pell and Folau walk into a bar mitzvah...

Jimmys a GWS board member.....

Two points to make here:
tribunals have been around forever and panel members would have confronted these issues hundreds of times. Why is it suddenly an issue NOW? coz collingwood are perceived to have got an advantage (or even conspired to win an advantage) a crock. you are basically calling the tribunal members cheats.

Greene, Pell and Folau walk into a bar...

Greene, Folau, Pell and a little kid are in an airplane.

The pilot declares a state of emergency and says everyone must bail out immediately using the emergency parachutes.

There is a problem.

There is the pilot and 4 passsengers but only 4 parachutes.

The pilot is no fool and immediately grabs a chute and bails out.

Folau declares he is on God's mission to save the world and cannot possibly die right now so grabs the second chute .....out he goes shouting "I'll pray for youse all"

Toby Greene tells the little kid and Pell that he's the greatest, smartest footballer of all time and he's buggered if he's going to die in some crummy plane crash, Out he goes yelling "suck eggs Pell and you stupid little kid.....har har!!"

That just leaves Pell and the little kid.

Pell looks sadly at the last parachute and says to the little kid:

"My son, I have led a wicked and sinful life and now it is time for me to do the right thing and be reconciled with God......here.........take the last parachute and save yourself"

The little kid hands the chute back to Pell and says:

"Don't worry mister, there are two parachutes left. Toby Greene just jumped out with my backpack"

Not that strange an opinion really, Wayne Carey said pretty much the same thing on Talking Footy that Hawkins deserved a suspension and was lucky to only get a week while what Greene did wasn't worthy of a suspension.

It's quite ridiculous that Greene gets the same suspension for brushing his hand across someone's face as Hawkins got for whacking a bloke in the head off the ball and leaving him groggy afterwards but the AFL has never been renowned for showing common sense or consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back