Play Nice Toby Greene

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby will get the last laugh on grand final day lifting the premiership cup up to his most adoring fans and haters alike while having the Norm Smith medal around his neck (hopefully he doesn't poke his own eye out after jumping up and down and getting hit in the face with his own medal as a result :p).
If he runs onto the field from the stands after the game and steals the premiership cup and Norm Smith medal he will be banned for a year.

— Accused the AFL Court of Appeals for playing favourites because Greene played for the Giants and not a big Victorian club, such as Collingwood.
Ah it seems whatever journo you read interpreted it that way
The quote on Foxsport is
Connor "“If this was another player — and I don’t’ want to name individuals — if it was any other player, especially at Collingwood, I don’t think we’d be hearing the last of it."

No Victorian conspiracy in that quote

. Youre journo wouldn't happen to be a non-Victorian would he??

Ah it seems whatever journo you read interpreted it that way
The quote on Foxsport is
Connor "“If this was another player — and I don’t’ want to name individuals — if it was any other player, especially at Collingwood, I don’t think we’d be hearing the last of it."

No Victorian conspiracy in that quote

. Youre journo wouldn't happen to be a non-Victorian would he??
Which bit aren’t you working out mate?

‘IF THIS WAS A COLLINGWOOD PLAYER THERE WOULD BE UPROAR’
as there would if he was from Richmond, West Coast, etc, etc.

Doing a lot of "correlating" for a "neutral" i think. The fact is that Connor when melting down had a swing at Collingwood - like everyone else - but doesn't appear to have suggested its an AFL state bias as claimed in this thread . Anyway the AFL are constantly accused of FAVOURING GWS. Seems the outraged want it both ways.

How good is this guy? Sure opposition fans love to hate him, but he is a class act.

All-Australian last year, and continued with the form early in 2017. Saw first hand last week how hard he works and it made me appreciate him all the more. Kicked 5 today, but it's the way he always finds the right position, always ready to crumb, strong overhead and elusive on the ground. Such an important member of the Giants and for me, a joy to watch.

Where does he rank in terms of small forwards in the competition?
Imo, a class act he is not. An in your face, silky skilled gun he is. Where he ranks in the competition is very high. Isn't he a high goal kicking midfielder now?

Anyway the AFL are constantly accused of FAVOURING GWS.

Don't know how.

We are last in free kicks.
Had the starts up concessions removed early.
Academy shrinks yearly.
Had a star player banned with no conclusive evidence.

If they are favouring us they are doing it wrong.

There is no doubt what so ever they want us competitive. But winning GFs? That's where they want the Big 4 cash cow or a small Victorian club to have a fairytale.

Last edited:
as there would if he was from Richmond, West Coast, etc, etc.

Doing a lot of "correlating" for a "neutral" i think. The fact is that Connor when melting down had a swing at Collingwood - like everyone else - but doesn't appear to have suggested its an AFL state bias as claimed in this thread . Anyway the AFL are constantly accused of FAVOURING GWS. Seems the outraged want it both ways.
It’s not that everyone else is having a go at Collingwood, it’s that his point is incredibly telling. An experienced AFL manager, he is obviously incredibly aware that there is some VFL favouritism. Can I ask what element of neutrality exists when Wakelin sits on the tribunal? It seems to be a pretty big contravention having an ex Collingwood player on a tribunal board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not that everyone else is having a go at Collingwood, it’s that his point is incredibly telling. An experienced AFL manager, he is obviously incredibly aware that there is some VFL favouritism. Can I ask what element of neutrality exists when Wakelin sits on the tribunal? It seems to be a pretty big contravention having an ex Collingwood player on a tribunal board.
Yeah it’s rigged because one of the 6 people that found him to be guilty happened to play for Collingwood 10 years ago

Last edited:
so you analysed the composition of all previous tribunals to assure us that this is the very first time that such a "travesty" has ever occurred?. that we've never had a former player sit in judgment on a player from the team he used to play for before? if so I'll bow to your thoroughness and thoughtfulness and won't suspect for a moment that its simply because Collingwood's involved this time and that all you give a stuff about.

Yeah it’s rigged because of the 6 people that found him to be guilty happened to play for Collingwood 10 years ago
Never mind he got off the week before for an incident that he should have been rubbed out for.
Clearly, fines don't work in curbing his behaviour.

Never mind he got off the week before for an incident that he should have been rubbed out for.
Clearly, fines don't work in curbing his behaviour.
Supposed to be judged on the one incident yes? Not the past.

And if he was supposed to be rubbed out for what happened to the Dogs then Bont definitely should of gone.

Let alone the Ablett Jnr freebies all year.

Supposed to be judged on the one incident yes? Not the past.

And if he was supposed to be rubbed out for what happened to the Dogs then Bont definitely should of gone.

Let alone the Ablett Jnr freebies all year.
Nobody is saying the tribunal is consistent, but this thread is about Greene.

Clawing at a bloke's face needs to be stamped out of the game, and Greene did it merely a week after being treated leniently the week before (an incident similar to one in the the NRL who suspended a player for 8 weeks on the same weekend).

Obviously a fine is no deterrent to Greene. This might be the catalyst in behaviour change given he was given a chance the week before, was 'extremely apologetic', and blew it.

Nobody is saying the tribunal is consistent, but this thread is about Greene.

Clawing at a bloke's face needs to be stamped out of the game, and Greene did it merely a week after being treated leniently the week before (an incident similar to one in the the NRL who suspended a player for 8 weeks on the same weekend).

Obviously a fine is no deterrent to Greene. This might be the catalyst in behaviour change given he was given a chance the week before, was 'extremely apologetic', and blew it.
Which I guess must be nice when it always seems to benefit the mob you follow.

The evidence and witness statements say otherwise.
He should not of gotten a week off.

Which I guess must be nice when it always seems to benefit the mob you follow.

The evidence and witness statements say otherwise.
He should not of gotten a week off.
The vision looks pretty damning. He's lucky to just get a week.

He's grabbed at another bloke's face two weeks in a row. Greene is not the victim here. No face grab, no issues.

Three seperate adjudicator’s have judged it as warranting a suspension.

The CEO today on radio saying the system has let Toby Greene down.
I think it’s GWS, the players and the supporters that have been let down.

I don’t think it’s worth missing a prelim but this wouldn’t be happenning if Greene decided before he left his house that he wasn’t going to risk a suspension.

Sort of like when OJ Simpson was sentenced to 30+ years in prison for stealing his own shirts.
In order to really downplay what actually happened, you should have said "for picking his own shirts up from the dry cleaners".

On the night of September 13, 2007, a group of men led by Simpson entered a room in the Palace Station hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bruce Fromong, a sports memorabilia dealer, testified that the group of men broke into his hotel room and stole various sports memorabilia at gunpoint.[1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back