Play Nice Toby Greene

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not that everyone else is having a go at Collingwood, it’s that his point is incredibly telling. An experienced AFL manager, he is obviously incredibly aware that there is some VFL favouritism. Can I ask what element of neutrality exists when Wakelin sits on the tribunal? It seems to be a pretty big contravention having an ex Collingwood player on a tribunal board.

Yet when a tribunal consisting of a close relative of a Brisbane Lions player rubbed out a Collingwood player from a GF against Brisbane, nobody cared...

so you analysed the composition of all previous tribunals to assure us that this is the very first time that such a "travesty" has ever occurred?. that we've never had a former player sit in judgment on a player from the team he used to play for before? if so I'll bow to your thoroughness and thoughtfulness and won't suspect for a moment that its simply because Collingwood's involved this time and that all you give a stuff about.
And clearly those tribunal appointments are also flawed due to bias.

WTF is your point?

didnt happen or demondavey wouldn't have mad such a fuss about Wakelin. :)
See this is where you start to look incredible. You’re automatically assuming that my disposition would be that I have a predisposed bias because a Collingwood player got rubbed out in 2002.

My issue with this system, and I’ve stated this before, is that I believe that no ex AFL players should be making decisions at the tribunal. None at all for risk of that bias or prejudice.

Clearly I wasn’t aware of the 02 incident, that’s why I asked eddiesmith for details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three seperate adjudicator’s have judged it as warranting a suspension.

The CEO today on radio saying the system has let Toby Greene down.
I think it’s GWS, the players and the supporters that have been let down.

I don’t think it’s worth missing a prelim but this wouldn’t be happenning if Greene decided before he left his house that he wasn’t going to risk a suspension.
I heard some of that interview this morning- it was embarrassing. Matthews was sooking it up something shocking, he gave Connors a run for his money lol

Article is spot on

Christian and Gil need to go, incompetent nuffies.
That’s even worse! Wakelin and Williams on the tribunal? Absolutely farcical. Not one but two ex Collingwood players. Absolute absurdity and rotten to the guts.

Furthermore Gill lambasts Connors for saying what he did and that the match review officer is doing a ‘great job’. Absolutely agenda driven. Wrong on all counts.

The gulf between his public perception and that amongst those who know him is probably the biggest in football. Absolute legend of a player, and a really lovable guy at his club. Even better that he riles up the right sort of people. Would have him in a heartbeat at hawks.
Ask the bouncer at Zagames who hasn't been able to work since he met this "loveable guy" and his mate...kicked in the head when helpless on the ground
(sound familiar?) and assaulted with crutches..

Last edited:
f6fd2e4abeddd0cf07902a1298410e49

Nice quiz - which one is the mongrel dog?

Collingwood have had more tribunal finals pain than anyone. Coventry, Carman, Cloke and Rocca to name a few. Deal with it.

Ed trotted out this tripe this morning. Cloke belting Edwards head into the grandstand and Rocca elbowing and taking out Lade cannot be compared to this. Both of them like Hawkins were gone from the minute contact was made. Eddie and his minions would have burnt down the AFL and most likely forfeited the prelim and all events next week if this rubbish happened to a Collingwood player.

Ed trotted out this tripe this morning. Cloke belting Edwards head into the grandstand and Rocca elbowing and taking out Lade cannot be compared to this. Both of them like Hawkins were gone from the minute contact was made. Eddie and his minions would have burnt down the AFL and most likely forfeited the prelim and all events next week if this rubbish happened to a Collingwood player.
Just get banned or something mate?

Make it less obvious next time

Have to say, unfortunate incidents with Bont and Neale aside, I really enjoyed Toby putting the Dogs and Lions to the sword with his sublime skills and goal scoring and creative scoring opportunities. If you took his reputation and admittedly piling up on field indiscretions out of the equation, he would be regarded as a top 3 most exciting and dynamic players to watch in the league.

He is a flawed genius, bit like Eric Cantona in many respects.

I'll back Toby in to be bigger and better next year and with a kind injury run, The Giants are good things to make the Granny.

The amount of hate he has been getting is reaching ridiculous levels (in my opinion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back