Today I learned about capitalism

Remove this Banner Ad

I could go on all day about how wrong your comments are above..sure their is a bit of what you say but Corps pay 100 Billion in Tax
We all are getting Rich on our resources dug out and sold to the Chinese etc. Gina Reinhart is our biggest tax payer.
Banks are copping there wack as they should...you will like this I was a banker for nearly 15 years haha
Where is the blatant corruption? Australians are scammers by nature from the bottom to the top.

You sound like a whinging whining left footed left handed leftard. We spend 160 Billion on Social Welfare pa for goodness sake.
You should get on a boat and go and live in Colombia or Venezuela.
That statement alone is blatantly false. Are you not aware of the poverty levels in this country?

It's a story of two resource-rich countries with two very different ways of harnessing the wealth they are blessed with.
By 2021 Australia will eclipse the Persian Gulf state of Qatar to become the world's biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas.
In that year, when both countries are forecast to pump and ship roughly 100 billion cubic metres of LNG each, Qatar's government will receive $26.6 billion in royalties from the multinational companies exploiting its offshore gasfields.
According to Treasury estimates, Australia will receive just $800 million for the same volume of gas leaving its shores.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...hore-gas-wealth-is-going-20161009-gryaoi.html

Wheres the jail terms? They stole hundreds of millions of dollars.

View attachment 819544
Large oart of that isnt “welfare”

its the old age pension and aged care.
Comparing Qatar and Australia is crazy. "The Al Thani dynasty has been ruling Qatar since the family house was established in 1825." Different structure all together so no point going down that track. As a full on lefty surprised you did not pick Norway.
Tell us what the millions+ are that the banks "stole"..from whom in what way.
Social Security and Welfare represent 35% of our expenditure close to 200 Billion as at 2019/20
I will never receive a pension. I have private health care.

Comparing Qatar and Australia is crazy. "The Al Thani dynasty has been ruling Qatar since the family house was established in 1825." Different structure all together so no point going down that track. As a full on lefty surprised you did not pick Norway.
Tell us what the millions+ are that the banks "stole"..from whom in what way.
Social Security and Welfare represent 35% of our expenditure close to 200 Billion as at 2019/20
I will never receive a pension. I have private health care.
Qatar and australia will be exporting nearly the same amount at that time

They get 35 billion - we get 900 million.

You dont get to handwave that away.

thats chicken feed.

thats less than 1/35th of what they get.

That statement alone is blatantly false. Are you not aware of the poverty levels in this country?
All is not right I will concede...apparently 12/13% Of Australians live in relative poverty. Anyone without a job is definitely going to struggle and we all know that housing costs food etc make living expensive. Truth is there will always be % of people on struggle street. Never the less in this country there is a way to escape from poverty and many do. Some never will and they are the ones receiving the bulk of the Social Welfare payments.

Qatar and australia will be exporting nearly the same amount at that time

They get 35 billion - we get 900 million.

You dont get to handwave that away.

thats chicken feed.

thats less than 1/35th of what they get.
Their government developed the fields ours did not.

Their government developed the fields ours did not.
Thats not including the money made by the state owned developer.
Thats just the royalty for the raw gas

<<<"Over the next few years, on similar LNG export volumes, while Qatar collects $26 billion in royalties — not including income tax and proceeds from state-owned companies — Australia will collect absolutely zero in PRRT from the booming offshore gas industry.">>>

source:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04...l-and-gas-giants-rise-to-324-billion/10959236

All is not right I will concede...apparently 12/13% Of Australians live in relative poverty. Anyone without a job is definitely going to struggle and we all know that housing costs food etc make living expensive. Truth is there will always be % of people on struggle street. Never the less in this country there is a way to escape from poverty and many do. Some never will and they are the ones receiving the bulk of the Social Welfare payments.
The fact that we have such appalling poverty levels in this country shows that capitalism isn't the completely wonderful system you think it is.

Unless you don't care about poverty levels. I do - which I guess makes me a "lefty" in your books?

The fact that we have such appalling poverty levels in this country shows that capitalism isn't the completely wonderful system you think it is.

Unless you don't care about poverty levels. I do - which I guess makes me a "lefty" in your books?
Well your telling the story pal. It would be good if no one lived in Poverty but it is a fact of human existence that some people do. There are a whole range of circumstances that can place a person/family in this predicament but blaming capitalism is not one of them. Where you sit on the spectrum I have no idea.
Our social system in Australia provides a lot of help to these people and some/many will escape poverty others will not. Blame whoever you like but that changes nothing.

Well your telling the story pal. It would be good if no one lived in Poverty but it is a fact of human existence that some people do. There are a whole range of circumstances that can place a person/family in this predicament but blaming capitalism is not one of them. Where you sit on the spectrum I have no idea.
Our social system in Australia provides a lot of help to these people and some/many will escape poverty others will not. Blame whoever you like but that changes nothing.
I wasn't trying to "blame capitalism" - I was implying that it could be improved upon as a system.

It isn't the utopia that you seem to think it is. We are rich enough as a country that poverty should not exist.

Thats not including the money made by the state owned developer.
Thats just the royalty for the raw gas

<<<"Over the next few years, on similar LNG export volumes, while Qatar collects $26 billion in royalties — not including income tax and proceeds from state-owned companies — Australia will collect absolutely zero in PRRT from the booming offshore gas industry.">>>

source:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04...l-and-gas-giants-rise-to-324-billion/10959236
Just a really silly comparison. Nonsensical to be honest. We just do not run our economy like an Arab Muslim state. If you can afford to by a place do so an become one of them. Life would be good for you.

I wasn't trying to "blame capitalism" - I was implying that it could be improved upon as a system.

It isn't the utopia that you seem to think it is. We are rich enough as a country that poverty should not exist.
I think you are the one seeking Utopia..poverty will always exist in some form. All systems can be improved if that is your point you have not made one.

I think you are the one seeking Utopia..poverty will always exist in some form. All systems can be improved if that is your point you have not made one.
In your philosophical world view, certainly.

You are happy with your lot in life it would seem, so you aren't willing to entertain options which may eliminate poverty. I am sure they exist.

Again

Dont you get tired of being wrong all the time?

the biggest demographic on social security is Men over 55 whove lost their jobs or been retrenched - theres around 173000 of them.

At that age its very difficult for them to gain employment again.

for reference theres around 62000 people under 25 on the dole.

source:https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2019/07/17/surprising-age-newstart/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a really silly comparison. Nonsensical to be honest. We just do not run our economy like an Arab Muslim state. If you can afford to by a place do so an become one of them. Life would be good for you.
Well respected economists have said we are being ripped off.

theres a shitload of articles saying exactly that

you must have skin like a rhinos mate - almost every single thing you say gets immediately proven wrong with references.

is there a point where you get embarrassed or do you just power through with like zero self awareness?

source:

At a school my wife worked..the school provided the Breakfast and Lunch. The parents were off their faces on meth and did no parenting at all. Some of these kids will prosper by sheer will...many are the next generation of crooks/criminals prison junkies. Pretty sad.
I haven't seen that in action, but I really like the idea. No kid should go without lunch at school just because they have s**t parents.

Again

the biggest demographic on social security is Men over 55 whove lost their jobs or been retrenched - theres around 173000 of them.

Plenty of jobs out there for them, they are obviously not trying.

It's not the fault of the capitalist system. Can't be - it is perfect.

*Last time I posted something sarcastic, the poster didn't get it - so I need to point out that this is sarcasm on my part. :)

Again

for reference theres around 62000 people under 25 on the dole.

source:https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2019/07/17/surprising-age-newstart/
In all seriousness, I am in that age group myself.

Whilst I don't want to go too much into my personal circumstances, I found myself out of work and really struggled trying to get back into the workforce.

In my age group, you are right - it's tough - I know from experience.

The only reason I have been able to finally get back into work is via the amazing support of a government program.

I haven't seen that in action, but I really like the idea. No kid should go without lunch at school just because they have s**t parents.
At the big government school in gero its a crying shame how much of this there is.

when we foster kids we sent emoff with a tonne of sangas and fruit everyday So they can share with their mates.

if we have schoolfriends over on the weekend we literally grab a 20l bucket of fruit and watch these kids annihilate it.

at school in england yoy got school dinners - im of the belief that these schools with 60 million dollar conservatories shouldnt get a jot of federal funding and the low socio economic areas should have breakfasts and lunches for the kids.

you cant expect a kid to learn s**t when his belly is doing backflips!!!

Yeah mate and gulaging 40 million isnt a tenet of communism

yet here we are.....

take the brakes off humans and the arseholes rise to the top and take liberties....
No but murder, gulaging and starvation appear to be a staple of communist regimes.

Colonialism and slavery predated capitalism and capitalism has outlived them both.

See this is where you just dont get it.

i think capitalism needs to be restrained - made to work better for all of humanity -not just a select few.

i am a capitalist. I own a business. Its the fourth business ive owned.

but i dont have a mindset of endless greed.

too many do.

as humanity reaches a point of almost total automation of tasks we will need a new system.
Exactly.

As others have pointed out, I don't see how young people can get a foot into the property market without help from their parents. When low skilled jobs are replaced by robots, the gap between the have and have nots could potentially grow further.

The shift between a human workforce to a predominantly robot workforce should be a boon for humanity, but the change needs to be controlled carefully for the benefit of all.

In all seriousness, I am in that age group myself.

Whilst I don't want to go too much into my personal circumstances, I found myself out of work and really struggled trying to get back into the workforce.

In my age group, you are right - it's tough - I know from experience.

The only reason I have been able to finally get back into work is via the amazing support of a government program.
Same mate - mining boom ended and i was on the scrapheap so i went to tafe - did electrotech and moved into comms then started my own business.

im lucky i come from a family of entrepreneurial types whove always had businesses. Im on my fourth. Lots of people cant make the jump to work for themselves or go broke. they end up on chump change because they dont know how to transition and manage cash flow etc.

At the big government school in gero its a crying shame how much of this there is.

when we foster kids we sent emoff with a tonne of sangas and fruit everyday So they can share with their mates.

if we have schoolfriends over on the weekend we literally grab a 20l bucket of fruit and watch these kids annihilate it.

at school in england yoy got school dinners - im of the belief that these schools with 60 million dollar conservatories shouldnt get a jot of federal funding and the low socio economic areas should have breakfasts and lunches for the kids.

you cant expect a kid to learn s**t when his belly is doing backflips!!!
Agreed. You seem like a good person. :thumbsu:

No but murder, gulaging and starvation appear to be a staple of communist regimes.

Colonialism and slavery predated capitalism and capitalism has outlived them both.
No it didnt.

<<<The history of capitalism is diverse and has many debated roots, but fully fledged capitalism is generally thought by scholars to have emerged in Northwestern Europe, especially in Great Britain and the Netherlands, in the sixteenth to seventeenth centuries>>>

I could go on all day about how wrong your comments are above..sure their is a bit of what you say but Corps pay 100 Billion in Tax
We all are getting Rich on our resources dug out and sold to the Chinese etc. Gina Reinhart is our biggest tax payer.
Banks are copping there wack as they should...you will like this I was a banker for nearly 15 years haha
Where is the blatant corruption? Australians are scammers by nature from the bottom to the top.

You sound like a whinging whining left footed left handed leftard. We spend 160 Billion on Social Welfare pa for goodness sake.
You should get on a boat and go and live in Colombia or Venezuela.
Thanks Gina.

Agreed. You seem like a good person. :thumbsu:
You try on a personal level to do something to compensate for what this truly awful government does every day. If you just stew and post on places like this and dont do anything its cancer for the mind unless you do something

after i got out of the army i had a stretch where i was homeless and broke - i know what an empty belly feels like and will always buy someone a meal - our so called christian pm might wanna actually read his f}%%{ bible - i reckon agnostic al has a better chance of heaven than his corrupt venal arse.

Im lucky in that i make ok coin and catch lots of fish and grow tons of veges so giving lots of food away costs me nothing but pleasant labor that id do anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back