Not-a-cluey Tom Boyd Leaving Western Bulldogs in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me get this straight.

The dogs don't rate him as a player and think he's a massive tool. They want to trade him to free up salary cap..

That's the rumour. No real basis though given Boyd is playing seniors and the coach has been a big wrap for him.

How does retaining a dud on $1m a year playing VFL help?

It kills team unity and is a total waste of cap space.

We wouldn't know. Boyd is not a dud, he's a developing tall forward/ruckman who has only played vfl this year coming back from a serious injury

It happens though.

How does retaining a dud on $1m a year playing VFL help?

It kills team unity and is a total waste of cap space.

Ignorance is bliss ain't it. Our unity is shot to pieces obviously. Winning games with 8-10 best 22 missing have all been flukes. And when Boyd was playing VFL it was following missing a lot of games injured. Prior to, and post thyose couple of VFL return games he has been playing AFL.

as a saints fan I'd love to have him. Think he would be good as a back up ruckman to hickey and to play down forward. Can't see Bruce working out as a forward for much longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a big call on Bruce. He and Membrey have worked well together this season.

But...if the Saints are offering him...

Watched him on the weekend and he did nothing. He didn't even show glimpses, he may come good in time but by the time he does his deal at the dogs will almost be up

Watched him on the weekend and he did nothing. He didn't even show glimpses, he may come good in time but by the time he does his deal at the dogs will almost be up

Did you by chance notice that he naturally hurts people in marking contests? Not dirty he just hits the contest really hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have key forwards

Just they are all poop like Casboult/Jones or kids like Silvagni and Foster
Silvagni or boyd no question to be asked silvagni every day of the week shown more in 6 games than boyd has in 3 years .Boyd Oh wait hes young and tall key position players take longer ;) Ready to dump boyd for cloke yet haha :p

I went to school with Boyd.
My cousin was good mates with him.
+1 for another that has heard he has turned into a massive flog.
Surprisingly he is also a tight arse.

Silvagni or boyd no question to be asked silvagni every day of the week shown more in 6 games than boyd has in 3 years .Boyd Oh wait hes young and tall key position players take longer ;) Ready to dump boyd for cloke yet haha :p
Yeah but does Silvagni ruck also? :)

Will respectfully disagree

I suggest you watch his game against Geelong a few weeks ago

Inconsistency is common in young Kpfs, but he made Taylor extremely nervous that night.
Haha taylor nervous of boyd thats a cracker!!. I did watch btw he took 1 good mark that resulted in a goal another chest mark from an indescriminate hack kick from a teammate that resulted in goal and another chesty on the lead took 5 marks on the night was and is crapola in the ruck. Didnt think his performance was anything to write home about but was good . Then stunk it up the following week with 4 possessions and 18 fumbles against north . Followed by a good first quarter against collingwood then couldnt find him after that went missing . :D

Will respectfully disagree

I suggest you watch his game against Geelong a few weeks ago

Inconsistency is common in young Kpfs, but he made Taylor extremely nervous that night.
I respectfully disagree with you. Tommy boyda is a massive w***er who is paid too much.

Hasnt done s**t since drafted. You'd think a #1 pick would at least show something other than his fat ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back