Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, averages more tackles per game than Nick Riewoldt, Patton, Daniher, Hurley, Tex Walker, Cameron, Lynch, Jenkins, Brown, Hogan, Moore, Casboult, Membrey and McCartin....

He did however average more contested marks per game ( in 2016, the worst year of his career ) than any bulldogs player....

Don't worry mate I think he will be a valuable pick up for us. I think Bev will get the best out of him. If Bev can't then no one can.

Mumford - 46 hitouts, 4 clearances, 6 tackles, 4 one percenters, 1 inside 50s

Boyd - 21 hitouts, 5 clearances, 2 tackles, 3 one percenters, 4 inside 50s

I honestly don't think Boyd out-played Mumford. How much that duel factored into the overall result is another thing, but I don't think that performance can reasonably be claimed as a win for Boyd over Mumford in the ruck. Yeah, he held his own and did a bit himself, but he also did nothing to nullify his opponent's usual impact and influence.
Usually like your posts mate but did you watch the game? I don't think you did.

No, but Roughead does have the ability to go and play a key defensive slot, which is pretty bloody unique across the whole competition.

Plenty of players can go play forward and back. Lobb on the weekend took 2 incredible pack marks on the goal line in defense. And he is just a kid who is still learning to play.

Usually like your posts mate but did you watch the game? I don't think you did.

Watched every second.

Never got the sense that Mumford was absolutely dominating (his midfield let him down greatly, and the loss of Ward hurt), but at no stage did I think Boyd was really beating him for any great length of time, either.

Watched every second.

Never got the sense that Mumford was absolutely dominating (his midfield let him down greatly, and the loss of Ward hurt), but at no stage did I think Boyd was really beating him for any great length of time, either.

Yes have to agree. Thing is Boyd performed no better or worse that what a lowly ranked ruck would have against a starting ruck. Giles Fitzpatrick Spencer would have played that role as well without the plaudits.

Yes have to agree. Thing is Boyd performed no better or worse that what a lowly ranked ruck would have against a starting ruck. Giles Fitzpatrick Spencer would have played that role as well without the plaudits.

Of course

Considering that Spencer got pantsed by a cooked Minson on the weekend, he'd have done absolutely nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is that would have performed that role as would have Minson or Campbell.

You don't have a ******* point. It's why this is alias number 3 in the past month. All you are here to so is mind numbingly repeat the same narrow argument over and over again. And if Boyd doesn't star in the grand final you'll be back doing the same s**t again and again for the next six months

You don't have a ******* point. It's why this is alias number 3 in the past month. All you are here to so is mind numbingly repeat the same narrow argument over and over again. And if Boyd doesn't star in the grand final you'll be back doing the same s**t again and again for the next six months

No idea what your on about but you seem to be the one pushing a agenda that sets him up for failure.

Plenty of players can go play forward and back. Lobb on the weekend took 2 incredible pack marks on the goal line in defense. And he is just a kid who is still learning to play.

Citing one example doesn't really prove that "plenty of players" go forward and back.

And what Lobb, or Gawn for example do is different to what Roughead does - Roughead takes a break from the ruck, goes back and plays against a key forward. Lobb or Gawn typically go back as the ruckman a kick behind the play, or merely follow their ruck opponent to the forward line.

Mummy has to play right at the edge to be totally effective. Given that it was the prelim and Stevie J had just been rubbed out he seemed to be holding back. Boyd played ok but if Mummy plays his normal game he grinds Boyd into the turf.

Yes he did no doubt he had a blinder v Sydney then was terrible last week yet Patton was good. It happens.

So let it happen.

Patton wasn't that good he got some lucky goals over the top in his 4. He also squibbed it on a couple of crucial occasions.

I'm not hear to bag these kids out but just responding to your criticism of Boyd after what was widely regarded a strong game.

So let it happen.

Patton wasn't that good he got some lucky goals over the top in his 4. He also squibbed it on a couple of crucial occasions.

I'm not hear to bag these kids out but just responding to your criticism of Boyd after what was widely regarded a strong game.

Never criticised his game at all I'm merely suggesting it's been built up beyond what it was. This only draws more criticism from many.

Mummy has to play right at the edge to be totally effective. Given that it was the prelim and Stevie J had just been rubbed out he seemed to be holding back. Boyd played ok but if Mummy plays his normal game he grinds Boyd into the turf.
all he needed was a couple of big Duncan-esque hits and you would have won.
the dogs hunted your midfield. Flatten Hunter and Libba early with his frame and you win. Its disappointing he didn't. Its what he is there to do.

I must admit that I also think his game has been built up a lot for what it actually was. Here's hoping that he is like Jack Watts and just takes time to develop. At the moment though I don't particularly think he adds much value to our side and would rather see Tom Campbell playing.

all he needed was a couple of big Duncan-esque hits and you would have won.
the dogs hunted your midfield. Flatten Hunter and Libba early with his frame and you win. Its disappointing he didn't. Its what he is there to do.

Who would have won? I don't support GWS. The big Swans logo in my avatar should have been evidence of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back