Player Watch Tom Doedee - Departed for Brisbane, End of 1st Round FA Compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

This is great news for the club and just the injection of faith that the club needs. It would have been easy for a young bloke to say I am done with all the s**t that has happened this year but here is a young man who has said he has even trust in the club.

My only issue is that I would have liked a longer contract but we could keep on extending his contract every year to keep him on board.

VERY happy to learn tonight of Doedee's re-signing. Our back 6 will be formidable in 2019.
Tom has that level-headed composure and ball sense on-field that makes him such a strong defender. Comes across as a quality young bloke, too.
Absolutely is a great bloke. His performance at b&f demonstrated that

Love his explanation on why he loves the club and the direction we are taking. I reckon that was a little potshot at gov who has shown his true colours. We have had at least 10 players that have re signed this year and have all talked positively about the club direction as the main reason.Money bags gov is the odd one out.

Great news.

Sort out our CHB ie Harto or Keath or someone better and our backline is quite strong at all three key facets of the backlines role.

1 Actual defending. Especially against key forwards.
2 Intercept marking.
3 Drive out of backline for quick direct attacks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody start a thread, "why hasn't Doedee extended his contract further?"
:D:D, but if you feed/encourage the trolls (even indirectly) they will return :shoutyoldman:.
From the AFC site:
"“I’m absolutely rapt to sign on for another two years,” Doedee said. “I love this club, and everyone – my teammates, coaches and staff – have really made me and my family feel a part of the footy club since day one." (good on him).

But the camp and Burton and Haas
As much as I've come to believe the camp was a failure and our handling of the media circus surrounding it a disaster, I've also come to suspect that much of what was leaked was blown out of proportion to serve agendas and fill pockets. To my limited knowledge only one player has expressed interest in leaving this year and a great many have re-signed, that's hardly a sign of a playing group that has given up on the club.

Yes I'm extremely disappointed with our season (who isn't?), I want those responsible for our injury woes held to account, I want to see changes happening off the field, but despite all those misgivings I still find it difficult to believe half the rubbish published.

Anyway, I'm loving the dude and his success so far has given me even more faith in our recruitment team.

So, he's here for 2019, 2020, 2021 seasons

Somebody start a thread, "why hasn't Doedee extended his contract further?"
Both parties were very happy with the extension. Tom is a realistic guy and knew that after playing around 20 games, the extension (and pay rise) is a great indication of the clubs faith. He's also aware that if he continues on the development curve he is on, in 3 years he could be looking at a big next contract. He is happy to back himself and club is keen to see where they sit then.

FWIW I've also heard that Tom is keen to push in towards midfield minutes and is looking to push the case through preseason. If he is able to do that and become that Cripps type of mid, well then that next contract will be a monster. I think he could actually do it!

Both parties were very happy with the extension. Tom is a realistic guy and knew that after playing around 20 games, the extension (and pay rise) is a great indication of the clubs faith. He's also aware that if he continues on the development curve he is on, in 3 years he could be looking at a big next contract. He is happy to back himself and club is keen to see where they sit then.

FWIW I've also heard that Tom is keen to push in towards midfield minutes and is looking to push the case through preseason. If he is able to do that and become that Cripps type of mid, well then that next contract will be a monster. I think he could actually do it!

I'm curious to see the results of that as well, even if it just ends up being a Johncock kind of "trust us, next year" thing.

My biggest question mark with Doedee is if he can manage move away from a medium defender? I don't mind that as a blooding position, but I do want to see some flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back