News Tom Morris sacked!: Leaked audio of Tom Morris objectifying female staff at 'Foxfooty' mysteriously appears on the internet. PLUS 2nd nasty video.

Should Tom Morris be sacked, suspended or no penalty

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve got it backwards. Bevo called out totally inappropriate behaviour. He didn’t gossip or backstab but called out appalling journalism publicity. Bevo knew he was a snake, he just didn’t know by how much. Morris lived by exploiting leaked and now goes down because of one, so ironic.

Get real...

Beveridge tried to publicly shame, humiliate and intimidate a journalist for doing his job. If he's really pissed off about the leak of information then he should take him at the person putting the information out there.

Don't shoot the messenger.

At no point in either video does Morris say anything even remotely hateful about race or sex but he will probably lose his job so that Fox can maintain some sort of PC image and everyone will move on.

Meanwhile we have an AFL coach publicly bullying someone in front of their peers and the response seems to vary from "Bevo was frustrated but good on him for apologising" to "Morris deserved it. Get him Bevo"

World has gone completely arse backwards on itself with this stuff!

umm

what the?

There are 2 videos I am aware of.

1 - He refers to a female homosexual colleague as have a "liquor license". At the bare minimum this vulgar, derogatory and unacceptable. You would need to seek out the person he is talking about and see if they are offended by it. But id suggest most of the LGBTQI community would be.

2- In another video whilst intoxicated he says that "I'm not Asian, Black, A Women , or Gay, so don't treat me like s**t" So he thinks these people SHOULD be treated like s**t but not him?

This is all a storm in a tea cup in a general sense, the guys a dick, everyone knows it and with time would probably be forgiven. But the fact he is out there leaking s**t on other people this has a certain level of comeuppance I have rarely ever seen in the public forum.

Why in the world would you take a piss on a bonfire when you are covered in petrol. Utterly stupid.

Get real...
Beveridge tried to publicly shame, humiliate and intimidate a journalist for doing his job. If he's really pissed off about the leak of information then he should take him at the person putting the information out there.

Don't shoot the messenger.
He explained in the press conference that the good journos, and he mentioned Sam Edmund and Riley Beveridge will ring and confirm a rumour or heresay. These gutter slime go with gossip and then say “sources tell me…” garbage.

So was Morris conversation.

Cheating on your partner is by far the bigger dog act.
It's not really about which is a bigger dog act to me it's more about which is more relevant to the person maintaining their profession.

Morris was speaking about someone he currently works with, even if it was a private conversation he brought his coworker into it who had no say in it. Hardwick engaged in a consensual relationship and dogged his wife in the process. Grounds for a divorce but has nothing to do with his position as coach.

Last edited:
It's not really about which is a bigger dog act to me it's more about which is more relevant to the person maintaining their profession.

Morris was speaking about someone he currently works with, even if it was a private conversation he brought someone else into it who had no say in it. Hardwick engaged in a consensual relationship and dogged his wife in the process. Grounds for a divorce but has nothing to do with his position as coach.

Hardwicks actions could definitely impact his work place.

It can cause others to lose respect for you, not trust you, hold you in very low esteem.

People's partners also make friends and relationships at the clubs their partners work at.

It highlights that the coach is a s**t bloke.

Hardwicks actions could definitely impact his work place.

It can cause others to lose respect for you, not trust you, hold you in very low esteem.

People's partners also make friends and relationships at the clubs their partners work at.

It highlights that the coach is a sh*t bloke.
That's a long bow, like yeah it could affect their job in an intangible way but you could make that argument about a lot of personal issues people go through.

Sacking someone for cheating on their partner would be grounds for unfair dismissal. Sacking someone for gossiping and objectifying a coworker would not be.

Barry Hall said it during a live broadcast.
When will people understand that anything you say on social media is essentially a live broadcast even in a private group of your mates.

Not only is Morris vile he is an incredibly stupid human given his role in the media and the fact he would be the first person to broadcast this out if it happened to a footballer. Why you would put these thoughts into recorded words is beyond me

When will people understand that anything you say on social media is essentially a live broadcast even in a private group of your mates.

Not only is Morris vile he is an incredibly stupid human given his role in the media and the fact he would be the first person to broadcast this out if it happened to a footballer. Why you would put these thoughts into recorded words is beyond me
And the fact he felt so comfortable to voice record it too is the astounding part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them climbed the ladder, its all connections and mates of mates. Same goes for Sam McClure (dad), Tom Browne (dad) etc. Proof is in the pudding as Browne doesn't know how to construct a proper sentence.
Speaking of misconstructed sentences, I want to know who is responsible for launching Robbo's stellar career.

Note: posts have been removed

This is not a thread about gay people, how many in any industry, conspiracies etc. Gay people did not ask to be dragged into this awful mess nor did the target of that audio, so stay on topic which is purely Tom Morris.

Last edited:
This is the same AFL that lets Jordan de goey back in with zero action. They're a mess. Gil is a ******* coward who can't make a decision on anything other than whatever can make the most money.

When it comes to making a stand on something, they're utter cowards. Look at how they tried to sweep the Essendon drugs thing under the carpet and then hit them with a wet lettuce leaf.

It's all well and good to have pride round and women's round and try to promote the game and so on, but when you actually have to make a call, they're nowhere to be seen. This will be swept away. Renowned racist Taylor Walker will be playing again in a couple of weeks.
After taking his stance on the "appalling" behaviour of Simon Goodwin I sincerely hope that Gil is currently penning a letter to Fox Footy advising them that this sort of s*** isn't appropriate.

Amazing that the mainstream media has buried this.

Remains a huge problem in this country, you can get away with work colleague objectification, or homophobia, sexism, racism etc being hushed up, depending on who you are.

Imagine if this was a coach, there would be 5 articles on it in every paper, an absolute pile-on. Media mate does it…near silent on the issue

Shameful day for AFL media, TheAge particularly. Footy reporting at TheAge needs a massive clean out IMO

Whilst I’m hopeful that Morris will be sacked, I’m reminded that he does actually work for a Murdoch company and some there would see his actions as promotion worthy.

It’ll be interesting to see the reaction from the more professional females there like Sarah Jones.

If Carey can go from glassing his partner to being the face of womens round for Ch7 then anything is possible.

Amazing that the mainstream media has buried this.

Remains a huge problem in this country, you can get away with work colleague objectification, or homophobia, sexism, racism etc being hushed up, depending on who you are.

Imagine if this was a coach, there would be 5 articles on it in every paper, an absolute pile-on. Media mate does it…near silent on the issue

Shameful day for AFL media, TheAge particularly. Footy reporting at TheAge needs a massive clean out IMO
Thank god for internet and social media. The past few years have really shown how badly these media companies are trying their best to act like China/Russia

Back