MVP Tommy Boyd - The Grand Final Enigma

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad some of you have enjoyed the thread titles. He's a premiership hero and I couldn't be happier.

I said it'd come quick when it happened and he'd come good. As pathetic as it sounds I feel totally vindicated today.

And completely fulfilled.

That dropped chest mark in the first 20 seconds could have defined his game. After that, he clunked everything. Absolute beast of an end to his season, his tank has improved out of sight and now you just know this is the start of what he can do.

He's earnt his paycheck for the rest of his career for me. Thankfully there's at least 5 more years with this group :D

I couldn't be happier for this guy, best on ground in a Grand Final.

Has worn more abuse than he ever deserved for grasping a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and he has delivered on every unjustified expectation and more in this game.

A Bulldog immortal.

So bloody happy for him. Was stoked when he arrived. Doubts began to creep in about him.

Today he punched my doubts in the face. Today was the day a boy became a man. And what a day to do it. Kudos Tommy.

Very very deserving. Thank you for believing in our team.

Well that was some growing up year for Tom. Had a bit of everything. I thought his effort last week was great, and then yesterday. Those marks in the last quarter were so important. Well done.

Congrats on the win. Great to watch the team play for each other.

On Nexus 9 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have said for a while he will be more Brad Ottens than Tom Hawkins and tonight showed that. Busted his arse and fought to his last breath against the most physical ruck in the comp.

Give him 2-3 years playing as the #1 with Roughead in support and he will be ripping teams apart from the middle.

Its not what anyone thought you were buying but it's going to work just as well in Bevo's system.

I dont want to say I told ya so but...

Thought he deserved the Norm Smith. His 3rd qtr was the kind of stuff you tell kids and grandkids about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back