Too many GF posts

Remove this Banner Ad

PAfolwr

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 24, 2002
Other Teams
PA
I think we will win our prelim hands down. Heck I think we will win the damned lot this year, and easily.
But let's not talk about what tactics etc we should employ in the Grand Final.
Not yet.

We talked too much about the prelim last year.
The year before we even went all out to beat Brisbane so that we could have a home prelim.
People even didn't go to our final against Collingwood because they were saving their money for the preliminary Final.
Then we put our feet up. :mad:

I know it's only here, but if the rest of Adelaide is doing the same thing then it will filter through to the players and coaches. That is scary. Groundhog time.

Time for a totally new and original logo.
ONE GAME AT A TIME

sog35 said:
I'm with you this one. I'm just not sure where any of these GF posts are?
Not threads, but posts.
Just worried that the rest of Adelaide is going the same way.

Everywhere I look, we all seem to be talking Port Brisbane GF.
Here, on the main board, Crows Board, Newspapers. It really does come up everywhere.
It hasn't happened yet, and the last two years are still too close for comfort.

Thats why I hope we get Sydney in the prelim. It will be impossible to ignore last year.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say everyone is expecting us to make it through. Luckily our performances in the past have made us all professional cynics.

Hopefully it has done the same for the players, because for two weeks this is all we'll get.

Very good point..

Must keep lid on, feet on ground, back to work.

Classic finals failures are often due to mental exhaustion through thinking too much & too far ahead.

I've been there thru my humbe efforts at b'ball coaching and it's the pits.

So I'd drop Toby (reality check for other players, signals improvement is not negotiable), week off, back on the track.

PAfolwr said:
I think we will win our prelim hands down. Heck I think we will win the damned lot this year, and easily.
But let's not talk about what tactics etc we should employ in the Grand Final.
Not yet.

We talked too much about the prelim last year.
The year before we even went all out to beat Brisbane so that we could have a home prelim.
People even didn't go to our final against Collingwood because they were saving their money for the preliminary Final.
Then we put our feet up. :mad:

I know it's only here, but if the rest of Adelaide is doing the same thing then it will filter through to the players and coaches. That is scary. Groundhog time.

Time for a totally new and original logo.
ONE GAME AT A TIME

Agree completely.

Very much agreed. The monkey isnt off the back just yet so noone should really be assuming we will win the Prelim.

Both Sydney and St Kilda are good teams and definately could win over here. Im not even thinking grand final yet.

The only change is that we got a break, and a home match. We're still yet to win this Prelim.

Until i see us at a GF I'll scream and yell that the monkey is off. Its time to settle down and work out who we are gonna play then take it from there.

Jabsy said:
I just wish we did know now, as airplane tickets are a lot cheaper this week than they will be in a fortnight...

No harm in preparing for a possible scenario ;) but still a lot of work to be done vefore that scenario can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rubberman said:
No harm in preparing for a possible scenario ;) but still a lot of work to be done vefore that scenario can happen.
I also think that we should be taking this one week at a time and not thinking about the Grand Final until it is official, however my alter ego did have the better of me today and I booked my flights to Melbourne.

:D 100% POSITIVE:D

Scott said:
I also think that we should be taking this one week at a time and not thinking about the Grand Final until it is official, however my alter ego did have the better of me today and I booked my flights to Melbourne.

:D 100% POSITIVE:D

Your alter ego or should I say the sensible one who told you that she had already booked her flights ;)

Definitely take it one week at a time. We have to be even better in the Prelim than we were in the Qualifying.

Having said that, I think we should have the ultimate goal of winning the flag. We are not in it to finish second. Therefore I find suggestions by other clubs' supporters that all teams are vying for second place behind Brisbane to be pretty uneducated. Brisbane do have the runs on the board and IF we get to play them they may well have a formidable lineup, but I think our guys are capable of beating any other team if they play at their best.

We certainly can't start preparing for anything beyond next Friday night, however.

rubberman said:

Well "preparing" costs me either $1200, or 34,000 frequent flyer points, which is down the toilet if we lose next week as I wont have a ticket to the GF anyway.

Pity it's a 3-4 day drive....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back