Tour De France 2014 Stage 2: York - Sheffield

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great attack from Nibali, but real poor from everyone else just sitting up an looking at each other.
It was almost as if Nibali was doing his ex-teammate in Sagan a favour. Sagan wasn't going to help the chase, so it was was either going to be a win for Nibali, or if they caught him, Sagan would get everyone on the line.

Great ride Nibbles, makes it very interesting if he's found some of his best form. He really needed that win, so kudos to him.

Joachim Rodriguez finished 14'48" down on Nibali. Fair to say he definitely won't be winning the GC.
He was never in the race. Made it clear he's going for stage victories later on.

Great ride Nibbles, makes it very interesting if he's found some of his best form. He really needed that win, so kudos to him.

He was never in the race. Made it clear he's going for stage victories later on.
He did say he'd see how he went in the first week and decide later. I never thought he'd be a GC hope, but to lose close to 15mins on a stage that actually suited him is absurd

He did say he'd see how he went in the first week and decide later. I never thought he'd be a GC hope, but to lose close to 15mins on a stage that actually suited him is absurd
Never saw an interview where they said he'd go for the GC. This is a warm up for the Vuelta.

“This does not mean that I go to the Tour de France as preparation for the Vuelta. I have Tour ambitions too, though not for the GC.

“The third week looks nice and I want to win one or more stages. I have that goal and in the mean time I will enjoy my bike.

http://roadcyclinguk.com/racing/joaquim-rodriguez-start-tour-de-france-recovering-giro-crash.html

"My form is really uneven as a result and we'll have to see how I get on when I get to the race.

"It's not going to be straightforward, but my objectives remain the same: support the team leader, and a strong ride in the mountains.

http://www.sportal.com.au/article/n...-tight-tour-battle/1dnsbh268fhe3110s6btsh4qh9

Yeah, I just went back and re-read the article I saw, I mis-read it. He said he was building towards the Vuelta, but I read it as he was going to build throughout the Tour then try something.

I was probably just hoping, Rodriguez in full flight is great fun to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back