List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was a top 20 based on elite speed, goal nous and pressure skills he wouldn't have been an Emg in the preliminary final. They'd probably settle for anything up to mid 20s.
I’d be ok with a second rounder, but anything inside the top 20 is too rich. As I said, we need to be trading in top 20 picks this year, not trading them out. There’s some good value KPP’s to be had in that 10-25 range.

I’d be ok with a second rounder, 10-25 range.

I would be looking to trade in a young KPP instead of rolling the dice with the draft

2013 - Apeness Taken at pick 17
2014 - Durdin Taken at pick 16
2015 - Mccartin Taken pick 1 Weiderman Taken at pick 9

Looking forward 3 years if we had of taken any of these players as a top 20 pick the board would be going nuts!!

If we can get proven young talent in the door i'm happy for pick 6 to go.

So who is Devon smith best mate at a Victorian club I hope we don't end up with watts
Smith is super tight w Adams Treloar and Hoss. I’ve heard this from the GWS inner sanctum. He really wants to get to the Pies, will come down to whether we can get it done.

Also just heard Wilson from Giants wants to go to WA. Not related to us obv but one of their 5 fans may care.

Last edited:
3 Years in and not sure how many of these blokes i would want on our list as ex pick 20's. Would you rather Smith than risking getting a spud in the draft like Rainbow or Pat McKenna

20Jayden LaverdeEssendonWestern JetsTAC CupFirst selection at end of first round due to supplements scandal penalty
21Hugh GoddardSt KildaGeelong FalconsTAC CupTraded from Geelong; received from Brisbane Lions; received from Greater Western Sydney; received from Gold Coast via a trade in 2012; traded by Brisbane Lions in 2010; Compensation pick from 2010 (Brennan)
22Daniel McKenzieSt KildaOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
23Pat McKennaGreater Western SydneyGisborneBendigo Football LeagueTraded from Melbourne
24Jack SteeleGreater Western SydneyBelconnenNEAFLAcademy player
25Daniel NielsonNorth MelbourneEastern RangesTAC CupTraded from Collingwood; received from Brisbane Lions
26Toby McLeanWestern BulldogsOakleigh ChargersTAC Cup
27Lukas WebbWestern BulldogsGippsland PowerTAC CupFree agency compensation pick (Higgins)
28Dillon Viojo-RainbowCarltonWestern JetsTAC Cup
29Touk MillerGold CoastCalder CannonsTAC Cup

I’d be happy with Jack Steele or Touk Miller, both good players you’d be pretty happy with getting in the high 20s.

Pick 6 to Brisbane for Pick 18 and Schache.

Pick 18, Pick 36, Fasolo to West Coast for Pick 13 and 30.

Pick 13 used on Balta.

Key forward and defender secured.

Pretty sure I said the smith not even a week ago, was adamant we were favourites and nothing has changed.

We take 6 to the draft unless we get an established KPP. Watts and Smith should not get to Collingwood if 6 is involved.
My message to clubs coming to us and asking for 6 for anyone other than an established KPP can go and get faqued! I don't care what picks come back our way.

Smith’s best mate is Treloar. He’s also super tight w Adams and Hoss. I’ve heard this from the inner sanctum. He really wants to get to the Pies, will come down to whether we can get it done.

I'd be happy for us to trade down Pick 6 and turn it into Smith and a decent kpd prospect. A couple of needs with one pick.

Pick 6 to Brisbane for Pick 18 and Schache.

Pick 18, Pick 36, Fasolo to West Coast for Pick 13 and 30.

Pick 13 used on Balta.

Key forward and defender secured.
Add our future 2nd and pick 30 for Gws future 2nd and Smith if that gets a deal done and we are laughing. Schache 3 year in developing forward and smith (Blair replacement - waiting for the LOL's) and pick 13 for a KPP developing player like Balta.

Add our future 2nd and pick 30 for Gws future 2nd and Smith if that gets a deal done and we are laughing. Schache 3 year in developing forward and smith (Blair replacement - waiting for the LOL's) and pick 13 for a KPP developing player like Balta.

I'd agree if I rated Schache at all, but I don't, so I'd be disappointed if we did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith’s best mate is Treloar. He’s also super tight w Adams and Hoss. I’ve heard this from the inner sanctum. He really wants to get to the Pies, will come down to whether we can get it done.

Also just heard Wilson from Giants wants to go to WA. Not related to us obv but one of their 5 fans may care.
5?
When did they get the extra one.

So we drop 4 spots in round 1 to pick up 9 spots in round 2.

Nonsensical.

In a very shallow draft, earliest picks are gold.

As I explain in post #15513.... IF.... the club is open to downgrading pick 6 it is likely they are not interested in top 5 players like Rayner, Dow, Luke U-D, etc... but have someone in mind that they are confident will be there by pick 10 anyhow.

And moving from pick 36 to 27 is decent upgrade with KPP likely still available in the 20s....

I'm not saying I proposed a great deal but, realistically...

No way the demons give us pick 10 + 27 for pick 6... as much as I'd like it to happen.

Anyhow, agree to disagree

Get the kid into an environment he loves and watch him grow..

Doesn't have the pace to get seperation. Useless at ground level. Not a contested marking beast. I just can't see him getting enough of the ball in an AFL forward line.

Surely we have enough credits in the bank from our previous trades with GWS that we can turn whatever we get for Faz into Devon Smith. (Assuming the Faz rumours are true of course). I'm sick of giving GWS full value while other clubs get away with trading them peanuts.

in 2013 we managed to turn pick 11 and 31 into pick 6...
And we were absolutely delighted with the outcome. Different draft year though, we rated the top 8 highly and felt there was a pretty big drop off after that. Thus we considered getting into that top 8 to be a boon.

In Brisbane I'm hearing some Queenslanders are coming home. Given we have three out of contract players in Smith, Thomas and Keefe plus Oxley with a year to go, are we in play with the Suns or Lions?
What would it take to trade up 6 for 1 or 2?

1) Pick 6 and a fringe player won't get an upgrade to pick 1 (Rockliff will only get them an end of first round pick at best so no point even mentioning them having he first two picks).

B) We are crying out for KPP's so trading l up to pick 1 would mean we'd be giving up something for a pick to grab yet another midfielder that we just don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back