Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the logic in getting rid of guys like Wallis and Dahl in order to bring in fringe players from other clubs given our current list. Call me Loco but it just doesn't seem to stack given our midfield depth is stretched and I don't expect fringe players to come in and be rolled gold best 22 for us. Plus, if it is something like a second rounder for Dahl, I mean, which club wouldn't jump at that? If the roles were reversed I would hope we would.

Losing Wallis or Dahl will not be for fringe players for other clubs...

It will be to draft West. We traded away our second rounder, going to need at least another second rounder or groups of picks to get the points to draft West.

Losing Wallis or Dahl will not be for fringe players for other clubs...

It will be to draft West. We traded away our second rounder, going to need at least another second rounder or groups of picks to get the points to draft West.
Doesn't seem worth it. Just go into deficit rather than cleaning the pantry to get West. If it was a matter of losing West or losing Dahl and Wallis I would be more worried, but the deficit is not such a worry, particularly if we are backing the club to rise up the ladder next year (which people probably aren't if they want to get rid of our experienced and depth players).

Interesting that you’d think he’d retire though given you nominated the others for delisting (other than Picken for which there is a logical explanation). Why would Dickson himself choose to retire? I’d guess he’d be more likely to think he can keep going, particularly given he started later as a senior player. It’d be more likely to be a forced situation (I’d speculate) to see him go.

Didn’t look to have lost any pace in the games he has played this year just unfortunately got injured.

He may well be a 'forced retirement' if the club thinks he can't get on the park enough. At full fitness I agree Id keep. Just think his days of full fitness are done.

Just reading an article on Tom Lynch and Hawks needing to chose between an offer for him or Sloane as Tigers and Pies others most likely. Now Power has said I see above we may look at trades/FA more this year. Not suggesting we do this just a thought. Bevo see's T Boyd as a ruck, Schache is more a CHF! Naughton and Cordy can play fwd but also very good backs. Why not have a crack if we see one of the Kings as being likely best available at our pick this is get Lynch instead. Costs a lot more but a proven player. Just throwing options around no endorseing we do this but worth a thought. We can blow others out of water with pick 5 this year our first next year hopefully with Lynch and youngster development a 10 to dare I say 18 pick and could throw in Jong, Roberts, Honey

WB trade pick 5 and 2019 first round pick plus player x for T Lynch.
Obviously he will cost a fortune and have to make an offer he can't refuse but if Tigers, Pies, Hawks can do it surely we can.
Again just throwing stuff out there. I know 95% chance this wouldn't happen.

Just reading an article on Tom Lynch and Hawks needing to chose between an offer for him or Sloane as Tigers and Pies others most likely. Now Power has said I see above we may look at trades/FA more this year. Not suggesting we do this just a thought. Bevo see's T Boyd as a ruck, Schache is more a CHF! Naughton and Cordy can play fwd but also very good backs. Why not have a crack if we see one of the Kings as being likely best available at our pick this is get Lynch instead. Costs a lot more but a proven player. Just throwing options around no endorseing we do this but worth a thought. We can blow others out of water with pick 5 this year our first next year hopefully with Lynch and youngster development a 10 to dare I say 18 pick and could throw in Jong, Roberts, Honey

Obviously he will cost a fortune and have to make an offer he can't refuse but if Tigers, Pies, Hawks can do it surely we can.

Difference is - Hawthorn have no key forwards (bar Roughy). We have about 15 talls on our list. It’s not an area of focus that we need right now imo.

We have an obvious need for mids and any KPF would struggle with the way we bring the ball into our F50.
I think from a cost/benefit point of view there are better ways to strengthen our side.
I would be willing to pay a heavy price for an A grade mid, not sure who is available unless we target someone under contract (media scuttlebutt suggests Shiel is available for a monster offer).

Difference is - Hawthorn have no key forwards (bar Roughy). We have about 15 talls on our list. It’s not an area of focus that we need right now imo.
I agree but still wouldn't be exciting. Best KP depth in AFL and piss off opposition fans at the same time. I still think we should case Gaff, Sloane or Shiel but rather go for FA and keep pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you ever think you would type the words "15 talks on the list, it's not an area of focus we need right now" on a Bulldogs forum?

I'd go for Carlton's Ist pick in a strong draft if it was believed there is a once in a lifetime 200 game champion there. And to do that we'd have to give up something big. Much as I like him, Tom Boyd might be that player. Maybe we would have to offer more than one player, but I am of the firm belief that to get something big, you have to give up big.

Carlton are after an established player, there is the connection between coaches, there was some commentary that maybe Boyd is not rated as highly as some others by Bevo, and originally the Blues thought they would get him.

It would all depend on the value judgement of whether we think what we would be getting would turn out better than what we have. Maybe it's too late to make that judgement now as you would hope it's all upside for Boyd from here.

If I was West I'd be wary about playing for the Bulldogs given the way we've treated a father son like Wallis. Especially with supporters posting such harsh sentiments about he another father son in Hunter and a great clubman like Dahlhaus on social media. I miss the days where when blokes were loyal to you, you were loyal to them. s**t's changed man.

I'd go for Carlton's Ist pick in a strong draft if it was believed there is a once in a lifetime 200 game champion there. And to do that we'd have to give up something big. Much as I like him, Tom Boyd might be that player. Maybe we would have to offer more than one player, but I am of the firm belief that to get something big, you have to give up big.

Carlton are after an established player, there is the connection between coaches, there was some commentary that maybe Boyd is not rated as highly as some others by Bevo, and originally the Blues thought they would get him.

It would all depend on the value judgement of whether we think what we would be getting would turn out better than what we have. Maybe it's too late to make that judgement now as you would hope it's all upside for Boyd from here.

Boyd is currently worth a mid second rounder at the trade table.

Really don’t understand all the calls to make 10+ changes in the off-season.

We have pick 5, 41, 59, 60, 77

So how are we going to improve the list by bringing in players with those picks?

We need the list managers to be smart to only make the changes that we can being in better players as a result.

We aren’t getting high picks for an6 of our tradable players or free agents. At best we will get some pick upgrades.

So for all those saying let’s make 10+ changes explain how we get better players in.

We should be making around 6 changes this year and the same next year. Which means we probably keep a guy like Dickson on a one year deal

If I was West I'd be wary about playing for the Bulldogs given the way we've treated a father son like Wallis. Especially with supporters posting such harsh sentiments about he another father son in Hunter and a great clubman like Dahlhaus on social media. I miss the days where when blokes were loyal to you, you were loyal to them. s**t's changed man.

POTY.... just because the AFL has destroyed loyalty doesn’t mean the supporters have to follow suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

West is best mates with Macpherson and Romero, no that's a lie. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back