Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker is actually a good rookie type.
Put him in a professional setup and see how it goes. Using that logic I think we will give him another year in our system.
You mean, a bit like McComb...?

Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the north list now.

Most will want to stay but some may be shown the door (Goldy?).

I suspect McKay is well off the table.
McKay was never on the table

Loves the club and will be getting a big pay rise soon from North

You mean, a bit like McComb...?

Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks
Haha lol.
I like giving Parker a look because he seems a tall running type. Worth trying to experiment with those types.
He’s actually a perfect rookie in many ways,

AFL is funny in a way with 18 on the field. You need 5 or 6 stars and then you have to piece the rest together. Maybe it’s me being old and from the Barassi generation. Abusing players like McComb seems pointless, if I’m going to get stuck into someone, it’s more the Greig/Blight types.

I like the VFL. I notice you are into it.
What’s your thoughts on Jones?

Jones has a lot of talent but he lets himself down by not being clean when getting the ball. It's something that can be worked on, he's pretty much hitting the ball too fast and fumbling it or overrunning it. Also would try and get him flying for a mark out of his game & staying on the ground, I don't think he's strong enough overhead and he'd almost certainly get in the way of our other marking forwards.

Does like a tackle though so if he can build up his core strength and muscle then he could be dangerous.

The media are making Clarkson out as the messiah I don’t reckon he will be the silver bullet everyone thinks he will be. Time will tell I suppose.
No one person is ever the saviour, but in terms of attracting otherfootball staff, players, supporters and attention, he's clearly a major step forward for Norf. His appointment is no guarantee, but he certainly makes their prospects brighter.

Jones has a lot of talent but he lets himself down by not being clean when getting the ball. It's something that can be worked on, he's pretty much hitting the ball too fast and fumbling it or overrunning it. Also would try and get him flying for a mark out of his game & staying on the ground, I don't think he's strong enough overhead and he'd almost certainly get in the way of our other marking forwards.

Does like a tackle though so if he can build up his core strength and muscle then he could be dangerous.
Love it thank you, I haven’t noticed the tackle thing to be honest so now I have something to look out for,
The rest I’ve observed and totally agree. Skills below the knees though is something I think is hard to improve on when you get to this level. I actually think it’s the most crucial skill in football.

Like and agree some gym work in a professional environment could see him improve rapidly hopefully.

Part of me feels like Jones will the type of player that elevates when surround by better talent
Would love to see him get some under Marvel pre-seasons games with our top midfield rotation

The media are making Clarkson out as the messiah I don’t reckon he will be the silver bullet everyone thinks he will be. Time will tell I suppose.
Elite engine room in the making at north. Thomas, ldu , horn Francis, Simpkin and Phillips and another number 1 pick this year. Reminds me of when Roos went to Melbourne now look at them

Part of me feels like Jones will the type of player that elevates when surround by better talent
Would love to see him get some under Marvel pre-seasons games with our top midfield rotation
A part of me isn’t a big fan of Jones. The other part agrees totally with what you said.

Pretty disappointing year for Footscray. I’ve noticed you are full on into the VFL.

I know it doesn't work that way officially but wonder part of Clarkson agreeing is that North will have a hand out package too...Has smells of Roos and Melbourne

I’m wondering if Jones flying for marks has something to do with Liam Ryan?
I had a mate who played for Peel when Ryan played at Subiaco and the generation fits as an idol. My god he was insane, we should of recruited Ryan,

Interestingly Naughton was in that side, it’s amazing we got him. He was so dominant at CHB that with Silvagni in the side, peel had to play Zac Dawson at FF. And Astro was 17 FFS.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Gardiner off the table. About to sign a long term deal per the Herald Sun

Schache is a North supporter growing up, has been encouraged by family to consider North.

Why would we lose them both? Dunkley goes, West takes his spot.
May not have a choice if he seeks security, I’m sure there’s a few clubs in his ear about a best 22 lock role right now - he’s only played the 14 games this year after all and we’ve had a lot of injuries, I get Dunks leaving would open a spot but would it? He hasn’t exactly been preferred for a midfield role this year and is obviously down the pecking order even for a forward spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back