Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless we attach a first round pick to it NO CLUB will take Hunter. The stuff the footy industry knows about Hunter is not something you can just brush over. He has major hurdles to overcome.
Yes and when i mentioned those issues when he smashed his car that time, i got canned for making stuff up.

Media are so pathetic and anyone get pass the payroll lol

Conversation​

Jon Ralph

@RalphyHeraldSun

Real estate inspired trade stories are the best. Rory Lobb has now purchased a house in Melbourne and will settle on it later this month. It's not in the heart of Footscray, but still... The trade latest across the comp here https://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/moneyball-afl-trades-all-the-latest-news-and-whispers-on-potential-2022-player-movement/news-story/7f0528f43e3dbe08a3da7084e4747848…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an update on contracts please:

- West unsigned

- Dunkley unsigned (is he RFA?)

- Schache - contracted to end of 2023?

- McLean - uncontracted UFA?

- Libba?

- Wallis - uncontracted UFA?

- García-?

West not being picked today over VDM, Roarke is perhaps a bad sign? Hope not he is coming good fast and Libba and Macrae are both at the end of their careers and he can fit on their for 10 years.

Dunkley - wants to go for the money. He was gone last year if the deal could be done. He is an AA level player, happy to stay if we are close $$$ wise but will get a deal we will struggle to match - especially if we are chasing other gaps. Again I believe he should stay and fulfil his potential in this team. But Would be perfect for North Melbourne and the attraction of Clarkson will draw players to that team who would have never gone before. Would fit into most teams starting 22. Will be hard to keep.

Schache should stay and play - given one of JUH, Bruce or Naughton will likely be out each week and he has definitely improved and is getting confidence. But if Lobb comes then not is his interest to stay. When Bruce was injured and he wasn’t a regular starter / he would have be given the signal that he has limited value. Managers would be trying to make something work for him - could be a good foil for King at StKilda. He is number 4 here with Darcy on the rise and all the talk of Lobb. Will go to a team where he can be number 2.

- McLean is best 22 standard - stay calm. A pre season and he plays all next year and replaces Dunkley (if we lose him) or gets in the forwards/mid rotation - way better than many who have played there next year. Will be our best recruit next year along with García (just needs a full preseason again to improve his kicking)

- Libba is all about injury - he is pretty tough and so unless a knows goes will play for two years more at least. Is too good on the guts ATM but would be a great small forward and playing him there could get a few more years out of him unless a gun is better.

- Wallis - I think most here have written him off. Has had a tough year mentally/family wise and has the character to still play a role. I have always been a one-eyed fan and would have him in if fit and playing but he is likely to either go for two years at a young club in a playing coach type role or retire. Just don’t go to GWS or Essendon and he has my blessing.

- West unsigned

- Libba?

- García-?

West not being picked today over VDM, Roarke is perhaps a bad sign? Hope not he is coming good fast and Libba and Macrae are both at the end of their careers and he can fit on their for 10 years.

Dunkley - wants to go for the money. He was gone last year if the deal could be done. He is an AA level player, happy to stay if we are close $$$ wise but will get a deal we will struggle to match - especially if we are chasing other gaps. Again I believe he should stay and fulfil his potential in this team. But Would be perfect for North Melbourne and the attraction of Clarkson will draw players to that team who would have never gone before. Would fit into most teams starting 22. Will be hard to keep.

Schache should stay and play - given one of JUH, Bruce or Naughton will likely be out each week and he has definitely improved and is getting confidence. But if Lobb comes then not is his interest to stay. When Bruce was injured and he wasn’t a regular starter / he would have be given the signal that he has limited value. Managers would be trying to make something work for him - could be a good foil for King at StKilda. He is number 4 here with Darcy on the rise and all the talk of Lobb. Will go to a team where he can be number 2.

- McLean is best 22 standard - stay calm. A pre season and he plays all next year and replaces Dunkley (if we lose him) or gets in the forwards/mid rotation - way better than many who have played there next year. Will be our best recruit next year along with García (just needs a full preseason again to improve his kicking)

- Libba is all about injury - he is pretty tough and so unless a knows goes will play for two years more at least. Is too good on the guts ATM but would be a great small forward and playing him there could get a few more years out of him unless a gun is better.

- Wallis - I think most here have written him off. Has had a tough year mentally/family wise and has the character to still play a role. I have always been a one-eyed fan and would have him in if fit and playing but he is likely to either go for two years at a young club in a playing coach type role or retire. Just don’t go to GWS or Essendon and he has my blessing.
Schache is out of contract this season

- West unsigned

- Libba?

- García-?

Garcia either has or will be signing for two years.

- West unsigned

- Libba?

- García-?

Sentimentality towards valued players is not going to win us another premiership. To stand still in footy is to go backwards. Garcia, West, Buku, JUH and a few others will go past the likes of Schache, Wallis and McLean given another pre-season. Time to look to the future.

…and Libba will win the Charles Sutton by a distance. Never fails to put his head over the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back