Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stanton is gone

We need more midfield depth. They can't tag Watson so every team tags Stanton. The better teams have far more options, we really have two mids of genunine quality, with Winders joining them when he's in form. God I hope he stays.

^^^^^
This

I wish some of our posters would go to the Gold Coast and improve our board.

He has always worked his back off for the red and black, he has good days, he has average days, but as some have already mentioned, we need better midfield depth at the top end.

He is carrying an injury. Excuse or not the coaching staff are playing him and he is still working hard for the team. The way "supporters" carry on about it I wouldn't be surprised if he left.

P.S. Bateman is a little better than an average player :rolleyes:

What Stanton needs is alil help at times... Look at all Ablett and Judd for example, yes they are better players and can shake tags, but they also get help from teammates with blocks at contests. Stanton doesnt get that, plus its clear to me hes playing with niggles. Just get off the blokes back, one player isnt gonna make a difference between us being ultra competative.. theres a few other blokes in our side that should be taking a good look at themselves!!

Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

We need someone of his class bad.. at the moment our untouchables would be pears hooker hurley gumbleton ryder melksham maybe zaka. Hille fletcher mcveigh are all too old to be considered by other clubs and they wouldnt want to leave anywayand watson is our captain. We are going to have to give up something more than neagle or houli and a first round pick..port arent stupid. As much as it would hurt someone like reimers would have to be paired with a kpp and a pick to get boak who was a pick #5. We have to improve our midfield it is costing us games and we need to attain or develop some real talent in there and quick to compliment our key talls, boak would add so much class instantly.

He's lacking some confidence right now and really needs to work on dealing with a tag or at least knights has to have a plan when he's copping the hard tag. I say put him right in the guts and get him to blow his player up in the first quarter. Get his confidence up in the forward line though. Need to get a new number next year he's just not doing it justice.

Lloyd made some interesting comments on Stanton's game on SEN this morning.

Lloyd said he was fine with the way Stanton played, as Bateman is an elite runner and one of the few capable of keeping up with him for a whole game. He was, however, very disappointed in his teammates for failing to block and protect him, and for failing to help Stanton get into the game. Particularly when Bateman followed him to the interchange and mouthed off at him as he walked to the bench.

Quite frankly, I agree. Stanton is a player who will consistently put in a decent effort week after week. If he goes, we're ****ed IMO.

The lack of blocking, shepparding in our midfield is something that needs to be addressed moving forward. Very frustrating. :thumbsdown:

Some of the offers in here are hilarious. Seriously, imagine what your mob would want for someone like Pears. That's what we'd want for Boak.

Some of the suggestions being made are ridiculous but unfortunately for port you may lose some leverage because of the whole GC17. Also, if he decides he wants to go to essendon that somewhat reduces your bargaining power, ala Burgoyne last year. A first round pick and a player like monfries would seem fair and reasonable. Alternatively, our 1st and 2nd round pick combined. Essendon are going hard for him because he fits our weakness and requirements to a tee.

What do you guys think of Steven Salopek? Was a top 10 pick IIRC and a Victorian boy.

What do you guys think of Steven Salopek? Was a top 10 pick IIRC and a Victorian boy.

Like him, if they cant get boak, they will go for salopek, he has really good skills and is tough and he might be more attainable. I think the bombers were sniffing around him, last year. Originally outskirts of melbourne, family and friends are all here. I definitely think we will get salopek or boak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to be carrying a few niggles but this is no excuse for the body language he displayed last night. Looked like he had a major case of the sulks going on. Not a good look.

want to know why his not gettin the ball, its because he is played on the WING, he should be in the middle, didnt see him in the centre bouce once.

Hinted that he was going to re-sign at Port sooner rather than later in a recent interview. Would be a good acquisition if you could get him though, he just needs to get out from under Choco and he'll be a star.

Lloyd said he was fine with the way Stanton played, as Bateman is an elite runner and one of the few capable of keeping up with him for a whole game. He was, however, very disappointed in his teammates for failing to block and protect him, and for failing to help Stanton get into the game. Particularly when Bateman followed him to the interchange and mouthed off at him as he walked to the bench.

Quite frankly, I agree. Stanton is a player who will consistently put in a decent effort week after week. If he goes, we're ****ed IMO.

The lack of blocking, shepparding in our midfield is something that needs to be addressed moving forward. Very frustrating. :thumbsdown:

Don't disagree that the TEAM needs to block more for each other, not just Stants, but to say that we are ****ed without him is being a drama queen.

Works as hard as anyone on our list, and generally smashes his opponent when he is tagged. Was beaten last night but he definately doesn't look 100% at the moment.

This thread is a major overreaction.

I think Boak will end up at Geelong. Gary will go up to GC and this will free up the money to get him.

Jeez that makes Geelong even better! Boak and Selwood in the same draft!:eek:

Totally agree, problem is Stanon is number one culprit. But I agree with Lloydy also; the lack of support for Stanton last night was terrible.
Obviously Im not a Stanton fan I think he is terribly overrated but thats my opinion that veiw is not shared by all; thats fine but the way he was treated last night made us look very unlike Essendon as I have known them, Im affraid we are becoming very soft!

Works as hard as anyone on our list, and generally smashes his opponent when he is tagged. Was beaten last night but he definately doesn't look 100% at the moment.

This thread is a major overreaction.

:eek:=attitude to the op

:thumbsu:=attitude to you

A lot of Craig Fosters on in this forum, with "delusions of adequacy" (thank Dennis you Dill)

want to know why his not gettin the ball, its because he is played on the WING, he should be in the middle, didnt see him in the centre bouce once.

Errr He always plays on the wing, mate. He might go into the middle on occasion but he has always played most of his footy on the wing.

Why was he beaten?

He had 10 more disposals than his opponent, he had five tackles as well.

I actually liked the move of him forward in the second half and I think it really contributed to us being able to open the game up. It took away one of Hawthorn's (if not their best) runners and link up players and actually helped us create some space through the middle.

Wasn't his best game, nor the normal game you'd expect from him and Bateman did do a good job, but Stants actually did beat his direct opponent and if we did that across the ground (or Buddy wasn't playing) we would have won the game.

Oh wait, we lost and Slattery and Welsh went okay. Must be Stanton's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back