List Mgmt. Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2016 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the EP v EF WAFL game. Some list observations.

1, Bennell - happy to delist end 2016.
2. Karpany - showed a lot today (actually pretty good last month) and worth keeping in 2017 (I know contracted in 2017) but looks possible for a senior run. I can see him hitting targets into our forward line
3. Nelson - bollocking and tough inside mid that shone out
4. Partington - he is really maturing and impacting games over the last 6 weeks and with more strength conditioning, he looks a keeper. The inside outside mid that we need and his foot skills are good.
5. Cole - what he did was pretty good and both Butler and Wellingham will have stiff competition for small defender roles in 2017
6. Lamb - just does not impact the game like he should. Not sure what he needs but he is frustrating
7. Brown and Emac played OK - Brown was slightly better that Emac.
8. McInnes - OK WAFL form but not looking AFL standard. If we get a trade, I would be OK with a 3rd or 4th rounder and take either Mason Shaw or Darcy Cameron
9. Duggan - let's put it down to 2nd year blues and look ahead in 2-17. He was OK but should be capable of igniting at this level
10. Redden - got enough of it but did not look like he had much class. Needs a clear preseason and lets see re-start his Eagles career.
11. Both Snadden and Mutimer looked OK and will benefit from the year. Too soon to know if they are long term keepers.

SPP played well and showed his toughness like he has at U18. His 2nd and 3rd efforts were noticeable. Not a lot of possessions (did kick 2 goals) but he held his own and would add something to the Eagles. Would love him as a 2nd rounder but will probably land in between our picks.

And way too conservative in getting rid of the dead wood, we've got so many list cloggers on our list/rookie list that aren't (and probably never were) going to amount to anything it's ridiculous.
to be fair a few have showed a bit of promise. Both karpany and tunbridge have shown promise now and deserves another go.

SPP played well and showed his toughness like he has at U18. His 2nd and 3rd efforts were noticeable. Not a lot of possessions (did kick 2 goals) but he held his own and would add something to the Eagles. Would love him as a 2nd rounder but will probably land in between our picks.

GC will have pick 22 and 23 come trade week .
I would love to swap our first and second for those picks .
It would be a slight points advantage for GC so it would interest them .

We could then get SPP and one of Rotham , logue or bolton with the other that wouldn't have lasted to our second pick .

GC will have pick 22 and 23 come trade week .
I would love to swap our first and second for those picks .
It would be a slight points advantage for GC so it would interest them .

We could then get SPP and one of Rotham , logue or bolton with the other that wouldn't have lasted to our second pick .
Id rather keep our first and upgrade our 3rd for Masten & EMac.
They want experienced players and those two are pretty fair if it includes our 3rd for 22 + 23

Even if Cotchin were free, would not want. A player that lacks consistent aggressive defensive quality, really hard to watch him purport to chase an opposition midfielder streaming away with the ball.

NB: Rant related to the Hardwick press conference....

Even if Cotchin were free, would not want. A player that lacks consistent aggressive defensive quality, really hard to watch him purport to chase an opposition midfielder streaming away with the ball.

NB: Rant related to the Hardwick press conference....
Cotchin or Masten?

We could grab Shane Kersten, as he is out of contract. Will add some KPF depth to the list and allow Darling to play as the third forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could grab Shane Kersten, as he is out of contract. Will add some KPD depth to the list and allow Darling to play as the third forward.
kersten is a hobbo's darling. The kpd depth we need are guys over 195cm and can play as the number one tall. We have too many smaller type KPD's

Sorry, I meant KPF, my mistake.
ahahah. like i said those two letters are too close to my liking. But the point still stand. I agree JD is probably better suited to play third tall but he is much more of a threat than kerseten as a second tall. Also JD has stepped up played the as the number one tall before.

ahahah. like i said those two letters are too close to my liking. But the point still stand. I agree JD is probably better suited to play third tall but he is much more of a threat than kerseten as a second tall. Also JD has stepped up played the as the number one tall before.

I agree Kersten isn't really the best option for second tall, I just think, since it would be easy to grab him, we might as well not pass up on the opportunity.

I agree Kersten isn't really the best option for second tall, I just think, since it would be easy to grab him, we might as well not pass up on the opportunity.
Grabbing Kersten is an opportunity we should definitely pass up.

freo will grab him. We currently have lamb and Allen as depth and then we are getting Waterman. he pick used on kersten would probably be the pick that we need to get Waterman.

Richmond must be in crisis now but they thrive on it, its like being comfortable !!

Yeah you just know they know they need a change but are cared to do so because of their history of over reacting. So they are caught in this holding pattern of not wanting to re-enforce the old ways while the old ways are alive and kicking on the field. Nasty position.

Just posted this on the WAFL thread

Whats everyones thoughts on Tom Gorter. From the few game i have seeni have been impressed. He reminds me of rampe a bit. Does anyone see him being drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back