List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given wells quality when on the park I maintain it was and is worth the risk.

As for hodge, good on him, who cares really. No issues with him playing as long as he can get away with it

I don't think anyone is challenging that POV because like you I was ok with it at the time before I realised the club would be happy with that output. The issue related to the reaction to the comments from Buckley and Brisbane. That's all.

Given wells quality when on the park I maintain it was and is worth the risk.

As for hodge, good on him, who cares really. No issues with him playing as long as he can get away with it
As a tidbit, Pendles said that Wells is already in training at the centre 4-5 days a week in preparation for this preseason.

Geez Paul Connors talked Stewart Crameri up big time on trade radio this morning.

Over his injuries, fit and wants to prove a point. Really pushed him as a player that would thrive on a 1 year deal that would come on the cheap. Called him a "hidden gem". Almost got me thinking that he might be worth a spot for a very late pick as a stop gap measure to protect Darcy Moore.

You reckon? It doesn't make the situation around Wells anymore palatable, but I'd be shocked if Hodge were to get more than $400k in 2018.

If he were there's every chance it relates to them hitting their salary floor with Rockliff gone.
I’d wager if he’s on big $$$ and he’s regarded as a player/coach that a chunk of his salary will be counted under the footy dept cap rather than the TPP too, much like Hudson when he was with us.

Geez Paul Connors talked Stewart Crameri up big time on trade radio this morning.

Over his injuries, fit and wants to prove a point. Really pushed him as a player that would thrive on a 1 year deal that would come on the cheap. Called him a "hidden gem". Almost got me thinking that he might be worth a spot for a very late pick as a stop gap measure to protect Darcy Moore.
Congrats, you just got sucked in by the same guy that said Freeman would be a good pick up for the Saints and that Freeman was leaving because there was no opportunity which is why we weren’t chasing Aish...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats, you just got sucked in by the same guy that said Freeman would be a good pick up for the Saints and that Freeman was leaving because there was no opportunity which is why we weren’t chasing Aish...

You must have missed my underlined comment so I'll put it in caps and bold this time ALMOST.

LOL too subtle for some. :thumbsu:

You must have missed my underlined comment so I'll put it in caps and bold this time ALMOST.
Hahahah fair enough. I just can’t take anything Connors says seriously, the guy is a snake oil merchant.

We don’t need another Mayne. Best to stick with the one we’ve got stuck with and hope he either improves or we don’t need him and he’s just depth

maybe but he is not a free agent, is he? surely we can ask the question. why just leave it to happen quietly?? he strikes me as a player with plenty of upside and could really fill a need either back, forward or mid....

Hawks got * all to offer trade wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back