List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

One of your posters just came on to our board to post this:

Would I be correct in saying that this is a troll? We'd been talking a bit about how Haynes would be a perfect replacement for Dempster/Fisher, even though Haynes leaving GWS and going to the Saints would be incredibly unlikely.

Just out of curiosity.... Who was the poster who posted such incredible rubbish.

Name and shame I say.

As i said the only reason I could see us doing it would be to reduce salary cap pressure.

Finlayson from the limited game time i saw was an athletic, agile good marking tall with some x-factor. I think he can develop into a nice player, just needs to strengthen up a little.

And aggressive ... So aggressive that he'll come complete with a 3 game suspension to kick off next season.

Unless he's getting Haynes and Steele mixed up - because Steele to St Kilda is what is gathering momentum.

I know it's hard to confuse the two but maybe a slip of the keyboard?

Thommo has gone on record that he's had a hard time winning his place and is more than happy in the back line. He may still have utility roles from time to time as he's still a good all round footballer.
The feeling amongst most supporters is that he'll stay, especially after those two huge finals.

And one of the captains best mates.

Would Lobb and McCarty for pick 3 be worth your while?
Trouble with trading Lobb us we may never find anyone as good in the next 5 years. If you mean McCarthy we would have no way to force him to Melbourne if we wanted to. Given we've we've accepted illness and granted leave for him to be in Perth. Different if he wanted to but cant see that.

Outs (in my humble opinion)
Probable outs

Jeremy Finlayson (future 3rd rounder or package)

I think we'll leave the rest including Mutch for other clubs.

I'd be definitely keeping Finlayson, he is still on an upward trajectory, who knows how far he'll climb.
From the extent that we know anything about draftees, Kobe Mutch has a rep as an accumulator. Is he worth a punt, or is there no room left for a fourth/fifth acadamy pick?

I'd be definitely keeping Finlayson, he is still on an upward trajectory, who knows how far he'll climb.
From the extent that we know anything about draftees, Kobe Mutch has a rep as an accumulator. Is he worth a punt, or is there no room left for a fourth/fifth acadamy pick?

I like what i saw of Finlayson and he is a tough kid, wouldnt be upset if we kept him but i think Collingwood were into him last year and he's out of contract with a few players in front of him.

Mutch looks a solid player but i just wonder if he's not what we have a lot of already??

If he was cheap you'd take him in a heartbeat but i expect a bid to come relatively early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should do Marchbank, Steele and 16 to Carlton for pick 5. Then do pick 5 and 7 for pick 1. Get McGrath. Then grab the academy boys with our other picks.
Draft could be:
McGrath
Setterfield
Perryman
(Insert any other academy player you rate)

We should do Marchbank, Steele and 16 to Carlton for pick 5. Then do pick 5 and 7 for pick 1. Get McGrath. Then grab the academy boys with our other picks.
Draft could be:
McGrath
Setterfield
Perryman

You'd hope that he has been intensely tested for CamCalebSeperationitis before they entertained anything like that

Draft could be:
McGrath
Setterfield
Perryman

That would be terrible trading. Could potentially leave us up s**t creek without enough currency for academy players.

Steele & Marchbank would be worth 5 plus change without throwing in 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft could be:
McGrath
Setterfield
Perryman

Give us Stewart as well and you have a deal

Draft could be:
McGrath
Setterfield
Perryman
That would rate the combo of Marchbank and Steele at the value of pick 23. If you want something you've gotta pay, but I'm not seeing the value for us there... Almost giving them Marchbank or Steele for free.

Trouble with trading Lobb us we may never find anyone as good in the next 5 years. If you mean McCarthy we would have no way to force him to Melbourne if we wanted to. Given we've we've accepted illness and granted leave for him to be in Perth. Different if he wanted to but cant see that.

Na to Freo I mean.

Just wondering if 3 would be a good deal for both?

I'd say Freo would win that deal, but might suit your purposes better as well.

Na to Freo I mean.

Just wondering if 3 would be a good deal for both?

I'd say Freo would win that deal, but might suit your purposes better as well.
Misunderstood sorry
Lobb wont be on the table. Contracted for next year. McCarthy and unusual and unfortuanye situation, unlikely to be repeated

What is Stewart worth on his own, reckon he would be a good fit for us. Would rather draft/trade in a legit forward than try turning a key defender like Hooker into a forward

Misunderstood sorry
Lobb wont be on the table. Contracted for next year. McCarthy and unusual and unfortuanye situation, unlikely to be repeated

Fair enough.

Feel free to tell me to "get lost" and/or "find out myself", but how many spots do you need to reduce your list by? Is it 2?

Assuming you guys will be drafting at least 3 academy players plus trying to get a pick in the top 5, so 4 players min.

Will you have to delist/trade 6 players at least. Is there anyone on your list that is worth delisting or will those 6 be moved on in 2-1/3-1 trades?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back