Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s stopping us bidding on Levi Ashcroft at pick 1 or 2 and Brisbane coughing up baulk points.

Could also use it to our advantage in the trade period to push Brisbane to trade with us to get the points they will need.

Also if Brisbane were to not match then we still end up with probably the one of the best pure mids in the draft.

Last edited:
Finn O'Sullivan seems like someone you'd go to war with in September. Very Cotch like.
In my opinion and it’s a big call but I feel like O’Sullivan is a better prospect then what Cotchin was coming into the AFL!

O’Sullivan is probably the most balanced midfielder in the draft. His inside-outside game is as good as any player since Daicos in my opinion.

He’s incredibly brave overhead and will put himself into places that many don’t.

He also oozes big game player.

Future captain of whatever clubs takes him.

In my opinion and it’s a big call but I feel like O’Sullivan is a better prospect then what Cotchin was coming into the AFL!

O’Sullivan is probably the most balanced midfielder in the draft. His inside-outside game is as good as any player since Daicos in my opinion.

He’s incredibly brave overhead and will put himself into places that many don’t.

I'm glad you said it and not me...

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

What’s stopping us bidding on Levi Ashcroft at pick 1 or 2 and Brisbane coughing up baulk points.

Could also use it to our advantage in the trade period to push Brisbane to trade with us to get the points they will need.

Also if Brisbane were to not match then we still end up with probably the one of the best pure mids in the draft.
Hopefully the fact that we'll be holding their first pick.

100% we bif on Ashcroft and the kid is a gun , Some even say better than his brother
Nothing to lose by bidding and there is no way Lions dont match the bid

Agreed O' Sullivan by a mile and if we get 2 picks on the top 10, Lalor is a Dusty type, big body, explosive burst with ahige boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tell Brisbane that we won’t bid on Ashcroft at pick 2 as long as they give us their first round pick in exchange for our late picks.
Wouldn’t think if west coast were picking at 3 they would bid on him with the chance of him not wanting to go to WA. So they would then be looking at possibly matching a pick 4 bid rather then a pick 2. Not sure what the point difference is..?

tell Brisbane that we won’t bid on Ashcroft at pick 2 as long as they give us their first round pick in exchange for our late picks.
Wouldn’t think if west coast were picking at 3 they would bid on him with the chance of him not wanting to go to WA. So they would then be looking at possibly matching a pick 4 bid rather then a pick 2. Not sure what the point difference is..?
That would be draft tampering and the AFL would not look kindly on it.

Cotch was elite at u-16s and 18s

That would be draft tampering and the AFL would not look kindly on it.
Not really and it is extremely easy to do legitimately

All Richmond have to do is interview ashcroft 1-2 times and tell him we intend to bid on him in the draft
Brisbane come running and say he we will give you our 1st for your later picks but will want to get back into the draft in the 2nd round with our #22 and a nod nod wink wink gets done

Not really and it is extremely easy to do legitimately

All Richmond have to do is interview ashcroft 1-2 times and tell him we intend to bid on him in the draft
Brisbane come running and say he we will give you our 1st for your later picks but will want to get back into the draft in the 2nd round with our #22 and a nod nod wink wink gets done
I was referring to the comment that we tell Brisbane that we'll bid on Ashcroft unless they trade with us.

They will already know that when we tell ashcroft what i mentioned and trade with us

Thats what 'Nod Nod " meant
I know what you're referring to, but it's different to straight out telling them as was suggested.

Back