List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick 8 for Howard. Pick 29 and future 2nd for Orazio. I think North might be willing to pay overs as they need to badly replace Thompson and soon to be Tarrant.

Leaving us with 8, 10, Mead and Orazio.

I would 100% take that at the expense of Howard. Take Stephens and Gould, or even trade 8 and 10 for Luko.

Last edited:
I am looking at our potential trades and looking at the potential in next year's ladder and I am hardly filled with confidence. I see Hawthorn and Carlton as improvers and Western Bulldogs, Essendon, North and St Kilda are not going to go backward. Given the likely changes to our list I do not see where we will improve on our tenth spot.

Pick 8 for Howard. Pick 29 and future 2nd for Orazio. I think North might be willing to pay overs as they need to badly replace Thompson and soon to be Tarrant.

Leaving us with 8, 10, Mead and Orazio.

I would 100% take that at the expensive of Howard. Take Stephens and Gould, or even trade 8 and 10 for Luko.
It looks even better keeping the picks and not taking Orazio

Why the * would we give up two second round picks

It looks even better keeping the picks and not taking Orazio
It really doesn’t as we will lose that 29 due to Mead. We will 100% be trading that out, otherwise it’s a massive waste. Due to the horrible bidding system in the draft, we would basically be getting Orazio for free, as we can get Mead for some meaningless picks in the 4th round. Same for next year with Schofield and Jones.

Trade a needed player out for a pick, then burn other good picks on an injury surgery prone mercenary small forward. No coherence in that combo at all.
Trading a player for a pick that is actually useful and will net us a player. Also one that should be early enough that it'll come in before any bid on Jackson Mead.

Pick 29 isn't a good pick for Port this year. There will be a bid on Jackson Mead before it, so if we have it, we'll end up having to use it to match the bid. Then we're left with a bunch of 4th round picks that we were planning on stockpiling to match a bid on Mead. So then you're really comparing Orazio Fantasia to players that would be available for picks in the 60s.

Pick 29 isn't a good pick for Port this year. There will be a bid on Jackson Mead before it, so if we have it, we'll end up having to use it to match the bid. Then we're left with a bunch of 4th round picks that we were planning on stockpiling to match a bid on Mead. So then you're really comparing Orazio Fantasia to players that would be available for picks in the 60s.
lol bullshit

we have so many more options than ‘use it on Mead’ and ‘trade it for Fantasia’

Boris Johnson-esque levels of false dualities

how about:
- trade it to move other picks up
- trade it for a pick next year when we will also be needing fs/nga points

two real good ones.

I am looking at our potential trades and looking at the potential in next year's ladder and I am hardly filled with confidence. I see Hawthorn and Carlton as improvers and Western Bulldogs, Essendon, North and St Kilda are not going to go backward. Given the likely changes to our list I do not see where we will improve on our tenth spot.

But that would mean the witch is dead...so...win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back