News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Rendell reckons one of the reasons Geelong are so keen to get Bowes and pick 7 is because they desperately want Jhye Clark as their Josh Selwood replacement with pick 7 about where Rendell reckons Clark is rated.

Danger in Texas Jeffcrowe
I mean, he could be making that connection just because of the Geelong factor

Would for sure be a deserved pick around there, though

Matt Rendell reckons one of the reasons Geelong are so keen to get Bowes and pick 7 is because they desperately want Jhye Clark as their Josh Selwood replacement with pick 7 about where Rendell reckons Clark is rated.

I like Clark but he's a fair way off selwood imo. Aside from being tough and hard working. Unless that's what he means?

I like Clark but he's a fair way off selwood imo. Aside from being tough and hard working. Unless that's what he means?
Then you've not watched a lot of Clark, compare them at the same age and he's very much in the Selwood discussion.

For starters he's a better kick than Selwood and is one of the best mids in this draft with his disposal inside 50.

Rendell is not the only one making that comparison btw..

Geelong footballer Jhye Clark excited for national championships game against Vic Metro​

Unphased by Joel Selwood comparisons, a Geelong wunderkind is relishing his own challenge ahead in grand final week in one of his last opportunities to impress before AFL draft day.

He has been likened to Joel Selwood in his draft year, but Vic Country captain Jhye Clark said he was determined to forge his own path in football.
The Geelong Falcon and Queenscliff product will lead his representative squad on Thursday in the National Championships grand final against Vic Metro at Marvel Stadium.

Clark said it was a “privilege” to play a part and captain the side in the AFL grand final
“I’ve grown up loving footy and everything I’ve done has been with footy in mind, so to get a chance to play at Marvel Stadium with and against some of the country’s best players is really exciting,” he said.

“It’s been an awesome year of footy for both the Falcons and the Vic Country team, we’ve had a great season in the carnival and hopefully we can top it off with another win and go undefeated.

“It’s been really good to captain both Vic Country and the Geelong Falcons, that leadership side of things is something I’ve really focused over the past few years and tried to develop, so it’s great to see that paying off.

Last edited:
Then you've not watched a lot of Clark, compare them at the same age and he's very much in the Selwood discussion.

For starters he's a better kick than Selwood and is one of the best mids in this draft with his disposal inside 50.

If that's the case if the option was available would you prefer to use this years first on Clark and give up next years first for Rankine?

Or is there better top-end depth next year?

If that's the case if the option was available would you prefer to use this years first on Clark and give up next years first for Rankine?

Or is there better top-end depth next year?
I'd be taking Mataes Phillipou if we somehow retain pick 5...and that's not a knock on Clark in any way.

Harley Reid would almost go pick 1 in this year's draft if he was eligible.

SA local and as much or more upside than any other mid or mid/forward in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do that when they can just get him tt say he's homesick next year and trade for a future 3rd round pick?

Don’t be surprised if Jack Graham is a part of the Hopper deal.

Rendell is not the only one making that comparison btw..

Geelong footballer Jhye Clark excited for national championships game against Vic Metro​

Unphased by Joel Selwood comparisons, a Geelong wunderkind is relishing his own challenge ahead in grand final week in one of his last opportunities to impress before AFL draft day.
Selwood's class has always been underrated. I've seen a bit of Clark and I wouldn't have him near Selwood skill wise.

Liam Jones ....32 YO in Feb .....gets a 3 year Contract .....WTF !!!

Some Clubs simply amaze .....12 months out of the game, Jones is going to make that much of a difference ??

At least he doesn't go to GEEL .....

View attachment 1527005
That’s more acceptable

It’s impossible that Geelong can just absorb $850k into a squad that has so many mercenaries in it already. The whole AFL world should be demanding evidence they aren’t cheating the salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back