Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we use pick 15 for a ruck, we might get another Adam Pattison!

But really, the success rate of picks 35 to 40 over the past 6 drafts sits at around 20%. Are you a gambling man? I think RFC have decided in terms of our ruck stocks, they need to play a straight bat and get someone in they know is up to the task. We may miss out on a really good player with pick 37 in our quest to fill a need, but there about an 80% chance there won't be any gems taken with that pick.

P.S. are you and Magic the same person? :p
back to this post i disagree with those stats and the logic used i will get back to this and explain when im not so tired and touchy.

and before i go adam pattison was a chf he even won the tac coaches award for it.when it was patently obvious he would not make it as a chf because of a lack of everything, we tried to salvage the situation by making him a ruckman.
how the hell we used pick 16 on such a deficient player is beyond me. but hey we werent the only cul;prits that draft meeson at 8 to adelaide. wood at 19 to brisbane. i for one wanted wood at pick 16 just goes to show.
im absolutely convinced other clubs started rumors and miller listened far too hard.
to show the flip side, some first rnd ruck picks in recent times of the top of my head.kruezer, vickery, naitanui, bailey was going to add m clark and ryder but they were taken as kpps imo.leuenberger, lobbe i think he will be more than decent,and cant think of too many more first rnd picks used on rucmen recently so i would say the science even with rucks has improved enormously just in recent times. the thing is we will only get better and better at this caper.

Nope he's not. We could get him with 9 or 15 IMO. Not that we would get 7 and 9 for Foley. They may have a lot of picks but aren't desperate. And no Port won't use pick 6 on Bolger. They need a bloody midfield. They have Lobbe a first round ruck. They need to develop him.
wsnt saying it would happen but would be real happy if it did. and yes they do need to develop lobbe he loks a good prospect.
on bolger my bet is 20 thru 35 and let me say i agrre its a compromised draft and maybve a bit lacking inout right quality but bloody hell there are good players to be had as deep as 50.every yr compromised draft or not all i ever hear is its a shallow draft trade.
2nd 3 rd round is where you get your the vast majority of your list quality early,most of the rest if possible 2nd 3rd round.
any way im getting a bit ragged time for bed for me.

Morton for dempster could be win win, we get a lock down mid/defender they get another avenue to goal that gamble didn't really provide

Morton for dempster could be win win, we get a lock down mid/defender they get another avenue to goal that gamble didn't really provide

we have Morris !

im still for throwing foleys name on the table and see what bites !

GWS couldnt use all those picks right ?:p

Foley and pick 15 for picks 7 and 9 ?

1961 it was sarcasm i was having a go at all those who keep on saying maric is a must. what about poor old tom.hes been injured but it seems writtten off.
i was an avocate for us getting him and giving him a go. you dont write players of just because they have been injured.

sheesh maybe i have to do something about the way i write.
No worries Santa, but the way you wrote it, it looked like you said he was no good from a serious point of view!! I personally am a big wrap for him and think he will be pretty good in time- certainly a big step up on Angus

LOL, when people are more used to narcissism from a poster, no wonder they don't recognise sarcasm

mmmm, wouldn't want to pay too much... especially given he couldn't get a game in front of Dawson, Gilbert, Kosi and Polo in a side that struggled for half the year

Yeah probably right. I more like the idea than being an expert on what he offers. He did kick 6 in a game of late, and is a good size, but odd that he wasn't given a shot

Walsh plays a similar role to what a Griffiths or Astbury do up forward, I would much rather see us keep putting games into those 2 boys as they actually know how to play the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't even develop homegrown KPP's well enough, why give away picks for someone new to the game? Odds are he probably ends up as a Setanta type at best. I'd be staying well away from Walsh unless he nearly came for free. In fact the whole Irish experiment is a farce. What is the strike rate of it? Maybe if you're lucky 1 time out of 10 you'll end up with a decent HBF'er. Not worth the time and money.

Yeah probably right. I more like the idea than being an expert on what he offers. He did kick 6 in a game of late, and is a good size, but odd that he wasn't given a shot

Walsh plays a similar role to what a Griffiths or Astbury do up forward, I would much rather see us keep putting games into those 2 boys as they actually know how to play the game

Would only consider if we can get Setanta in as a role model :cool:

Cameron said "Graham was contracted and a required player, along with big man Andrew Browne, who has been offered a new contract."

What the???? Looks like all our ruckmen will be staying....:rolleyes:

I would get rid of Graham and bring a new young kid in who could become a gun. It's clear Graham will never cut it so quite frankly I am not interested in retaining him at all..even as a backup. Prefer to give the spot to trial youngster.

In fact we should use our rookie list mainly to hold 2-3 rucks and see who blossoms.

Nothing wrong with banking an extra ruck or two. One may blossom. Or if in 3-4 years we trade into a star we could trade off our young developed big men as it's pretty clear they carry a bit of currency.

Graham will never blossom

Vickery it would appear is going to be groomed as a KPF who can play ruck rather than a full time ruckman who can go forward, and given how he performed in that role this year it would seem a smart move.

That would leave us with the 3 rucks that we had this year and if one of them has a season ending injury like Derickx suffered early this year then we're short of options. Adding Maric gives us the 4th option and again allows us to give the younger kids a chance to develop at a lower level.

i am praying we get gillies. would be a good addition to our backline.

'the list manager' is talking about our backline

-> rance developed in major role becomes darren glass type player
-> love to get kelvin moore back (real concerns)
0> grimes not answer - good player always in back 6 every week but shouldnt be playing key back. need to free up. ripping player.

->one backman down

->mcguane situation not good decision maker or good with foot skills

->astbury, more 3rd man in - beaten in most one on ones still young, good ability to reading the ball. will come good. more of a fisher/maxwell role

'missing CHB spot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back