Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks C4

Melbourne has entered the race for Clark

Offered pick 16

Let's do it. Pick 15 and Gus and McGuane
Dees have pick 12 not 16. Freo are offering 16.

Thanks C4 always respect your information & opinion mate.

Any idea as to how massive the offer is ?
Have heard its 3 years $300k per year

Thanks C4 always respect your information & opinion mate.

Any idea as to how massive the offer is ?
No problem mate,

I asked the question again about 'how massive' and I was told that it was a "substantially" better offer in terms of money when compared to what others are offering (holding cards close to his chest).

Therefore, if the decision came down to money - he would be Punt Road bound.

Richmond have put in a massive 3 year offer to Tom Gillies.

More money on the table when compared to Hawthorn/Sydney.

I don't mind the idea of getting Gillies, is rated very highly down in sleepy hollow. But this and us supposedly chasing Tom Walsh suggest that Astbury and/or Post are on thin ice. The only other thought it is we are stockpiling talls to trade off because our midfield depth is poor.

I would get rid of Graham and bring a new young kid in who could become a gun. It's clear Graham will never cut it so quite frankly I am not interested in retaining him at all..even as a backup. Prefer to give the spot to trial youngster.

In fact we should use our rookie list mainly to hold 2-3 rucks and see who blossoms.
Well said mate. Those 2-3 rookie picks u may end up having 2 good-decent rucks and get a top 30 pick for one of them. Good investment.

I don't mind the idea of getting Gillies, is rated very highly down in sleepy hollow. But this and us supposedly chasing Tom Walsh suggest that Astbury and/or Post are on thin ice. The only other thought it is we are stockpiling talks to trade off because our midfield depth is poor.
Not at all, Thursfield is out of contract IIRC so it would be a straight replacement of him with Gillies and with McGuane reportedly entering his last year and wanting out it could just be that we're getting in a year early to get replacements. Finally lets not forget the rumours that Moore is effectively cooked as well and could be pulling the pin if he can't get going again.

I don't mind the idea of getting Gillies, is rated very highly down in sleepy hollow. But this and us supposedly chasing Tom Walsh suggest that Astbury and/or Post are on thin ice. The only other thought it is we are stockpiling talks to trade off because our midfield depth is poor.

FFS, i knew it, we are really going off with talks. Why dont the brains trust understand talks are useless, we need to stockpile chalks or dorks...;)

Astbury will be a CHF if Gillies comes. Gilles FB, Rance CHB, Grimes 3rd tall. Astbury CHF, Reiwoldt FF, Vickery 3rd tall

Prior to him being drafted I thought he would be a fantastic FB at AFL level - given his size and athletic ability.

In one way its a shame that he has had to wait all these years due to Geelongs superior defence, in another though - perhaps he can put to use all of which he learnt while in the Geelong development scheme and apply it in a new environment ala Jeremy Laidler.

Although it would be nice to get Gillies i believe he will stay at the cats with Milburn ,ling & Mooney gone wojak and possibly scarlett going next year Geelong will make a counter offer possibly 50k less and gillies will stay.

Hard to move a player from a good team that can see game time for 50-60k pre tax.

But good to see tigers being aggresive

Astbury will be a CHF if Gillies comes. Gilles FB, Rance CHB, Grimes 3rd tall. Astbury CHF, Reiwoldt FF, Vickery 3rd tall

I like the look of that. I don't mind Astbury at CHB but I also really like him at CHF and if we can swing him both ends that would be ideal.

Also don't mind Posty but wouldn't mind having another bloke like Gillies filling the spot so we aren't just relying on Posty to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Griffiths?

Hutchy has just picked up on this and mentioned it on Trade Week Radio.

Hello Hutchy/beedee
Just heard that. Wonder what else we could get Hutchy to report on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back