Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mat Ryan linked with United in the UK overnight if De Gea leaves at the end of the season.

Ryan is not good enough for a club of United's stature IMO.

Probably leading Brightons POTY voting so far.

He's certainly going to command a big fee when the bigger clubs come sniffing.

You've got to remember, he was a club record fee from Valencia in the first place and only 25 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat them, their stature is overrated.

United stink these days but their wage bill last year was ~4 times that of BHA. Was good enough for 2nd last year and they'll probably pass at least Bournemouth and Watford this year and finish top 5 which is a poor result for them. I imagine they would offer Ryan a contract that would place him well above any BHA player.

The 'stature' will be in playing in front of 75,000 people for a club that has won the PL a bunch of times, the UCL, FA Cups etc. and is in the UCL most years. Plus United pay gazillions for players they've given away for free, so who knows what they would offer for Ryan in a transfer.

My main concern is that Ryan ends up in no man's land. Bosnich, Taibi, Howard, Carroll, Barthez all came and went pretty quickly after Peter Schmeichel. Van der Saar and De Gea have had a pretty consistent run since. The #1 thing I want to see is Ryan play all 38 PL games this year and next. Big clubs having massive squads full of stars is great for club fans but as a Socceroos fan I don't want to see our guys playing a handful of EFL Cup games each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back