Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t think this is a particularly informed opinion. Wenger was interviewed by Keys on beIN a week or two back and said that covid had reduced the global 40bn football industry by at least 15bn in revenue.

Given City compete in the richest league, and the richest knock out tournament they have a lot more scope to lose revenue than a club in 3rd division Chilean football for example.

As an example I know we’ve dropped in the realm of 150-200m in a year due to the pandemic.

Very naive to think it isn’t having an effect. Barcelona strapped for cash looking at Free transfers. Real doesn’t have a lot to spend either. Unquestionably would be affecting City as well.
No chance mate. City have absolutely endless money. Covid wont be impacting them at all.

No chance mate. City have absolutely endless money. Covid wont be impacting them at all.
Why is it every time I query if you want to be stupid you leave me in little doubt when you type?

It has affected everyone. They lost 15m in gate takings and 60m broadcasting in 19/20 off a quarter season impacted by covid. 2020/21 will be a whole season for gate takings (60m lost) and who knows what impact it will have on commercial and broadcasting.

A lot of their pre-covid transfer and wage planning would have been built off modelling factoring in steady revenue increases. Not a substantial decrease. Throws a lot of calculations out the window.

£1.6bn sucked out of the premier league, £15bn worldwide.

Why is it every time I query if you want to be stupid you leave me in little doubt when you type?

It has affected everyone. They lost 15m in gate takings and 60m broadcasting in 19/20 off a quarter season impacted by covid. 2020/21 will be a whole season for gate takings (60m lost) and who knows what impact it will have on commercial and broadcasting.

A lot of their pre-covid transfer and wage planning would have been built off modelling factoring in steady revenue increases. Not a substantial decrease. Throws a lot of calculations out the window.

£1.6bn sucked out of the premier league, £15bn worldwide.
Sheik Mansour has an estimated wealth of 17 billion. Losing 60m is like me dropping 20 cents.

For the right player I'm sure funds would be available.

But we'll have a budget and on many occasions we've passed on players when the price got too high.

The whole "unlimited funds" argument is a ignorant one made by people that don't have a clue who owns the club and how it operates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure for a striker like Haaland there won't be funds but for say someone at Jesus' level then they will have funds.
I think it's the other way. They will push the boat out for someone like Haaland and can afford to do so. They will of course still be responsible and if prices are too high for other players they can move on and look at other targets but for a generational talent like Haaland, they can afford that.

For the right player I'm sure funds would be available.

But we'll have a budget and on many occasions we've passed on players when the price got too high.

The whole "unlimited funds" argument is a ignorant one made by people that don't have a clue who owns the club and how it operates.

The argument that City do not have a clear financial advantage is simply not true and made by ignorant fans who dont want to accept reality.Pep gets what he wants in most instances, he has spent 400m on the defence. Pep can afford to turn down a transfer fee for a 5th choice CB who will leave for free at the end of the season. City have spent 100m more net than their nearest rival in the transfer market. Yes the club is affected by covid but much less than the rest of the league.

City are the only club that can probably afford Haaland in the PL. PSG are no chance (the only other club that operates in the same stratosphere financially) due to being in Ligue 1.

The argument that City do not have a clear financial advantage is simply not true and made by ignorant fans who dont want to accept reality.Pep gets what he wants in most instances, he has spent 400m on the defence. Pep can afford to turn down a transfer fee for a 5th choice CB who will leave for free at the end of the season. City have spent 100m more net than their nearest rival in the transfer market. Yes the club is affected by covid but much less than the rest of the league.

City are the only club that can probably afford Haaland in the PL. PSG are no chance (the only other club that operates in the same stratosphere financially) due to being in Ligue 1.

No-one is arguing that we dont have an advantage. We should have, our revenue is high and we've been in the Champions league every year for a decade.

Haaland, even at £150m would cost a club £30m a year for the next five years plus wages. Wages will probably be more of an issue than transfer fee, but you'd have half a dozen clubs in England that could afford it if he wanted to play for them and they thought he was worth that paying sort of money.

Last edited:

so presuming that the 120 mil figure is what it would take to get haaland, 190 mil for just the first season of haaland is a bit obscene i would think.

That's so weird. Why does his dad get 20 million? The club aint paying for his Dad haha. I get Mino taking his leech fee but why the money for his Dad?

so presuming that the 120 mil figure is what it would take to get haaland, 190 mil for just the first season of haaland is a bit obscene i would think.

You forgot to factor in the 20mil leaving town tax.

Man Mino is ****ed. Seriously everyone needs to stop dealing with him. Players will learn soon

And 30m net per year is a shocking overvaluation. He’s not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back