NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Remove this Banner Ad

My point was that some women are a lot bigger and stronger than some other competitors in their sport, and that is ok - so why not a post op transgender woman?

Because Liz doesn't have male levels of testorone or male muscle mass or male bone density or male strength ligaments/tendons ect ect so it's a fair playing field, and despite her weight she's not even close in terms of power to a male would be in the same situation.

Caster is not transgender - she is biologically intersex. She's as natural as Dawn Fraser.

She has testicles, the ability to produce sperm and father a child. That makes her biologically male. The gametes determine biological sex, not whether or not she has a vagina.

K so what happens if Aaron Sandilands tackles Caleb Daniels and hurts him. Does the AFL get sued because a small guy has to play in the same league as a monster?

has to play says who ?

Missed your point, is it getting hurt that is your issue?

I saw someone write on one of the Facebook pages about it. He has a point. Once they open the door to allowing transgender play women’s sport, he believes we will see the Women’s 100m sprint final field all being transgenders one day. That would be totally unfair.
Once we allow gay marriage we will see people wanting to marry children, animals, and polygamy

Let's speak about what the actual issue is. Mouncey competed at a semi-professional level in handball, and had a fair attempt at several male leagues.
If this was some average person who'd never done anything, No one would care

Once we allow gay marriage we will see people wanting to marry children, animals, and polygamy
This is another whole different conversation, but on this particular issue, whilst Hannah is now recognised as a woman, she was born with male genitalia & the physical advantages that goes along with that....It’s unfortunate for her, but she can’t be allowed to play.....It would also open up a massive can of worms for other things too, like inmates in particular prisons who identify as a particular sex, if that were allowed inmates such as Paul Denyer ( now Paula Denyer ) could conceivably try to get transferred to a women’s prison.....They simply can’t allow Hannah to play.

Society is progressive. Not in the political sense, but in that it always moves forward. We address a problem, we learn from it, and we move on to the next one which is just around the corner, if it isn't we create one! Humans like problems!

You would do well to read what ShanDog posted just one page ago...

There is so more more to it then just size difference. Bone density, muscle mass, strength in general and a whole host of other factors are benefits that biological males 'enjoy' over biological females.

Your analogy is false because Daniel has many more things in his favour against Sandilands than a biological woman would have against a trans-woman (biological man). Bone density to absorb contact, better athleticism to evade in the first place, quicker reaction time... the list goes on. The point is, it is a far more even playing field with Daniel and Sandilands playing against each other than it would be for Hannah Mouncey (for instance) and Georgia Gee. The two are not even remotely comparable... It's a very poorly made point you make when actually taking in the facts.

A biological man competing in a contact sport against biological women is just not appropriate. No amount of hyperbole or arguments will ever alter facts, nor does hormone treatment or surgery IMO.

So I've asked this earlier in this thread and no one was able to provide me an answer:

Tell me about all the injuries that Hannah Mouncey has caused playing for The Darebin Falcons in the VFLW and for Ainslie in Canberra?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you have no problem with someone who has been medically declared a woman playing in a women's league then?

Is that how it happens, run in male comps one year, next year with the girls.

What about the athletes that are negatively effected, tough t***ies?

There is a loser here, quibble as you do.

You dont think other transgenders will want to compete against biological women?

Its just Mouncey?

This might be new to AFL footy, but its been an issue for years now, in the USA Connecticut’s policy allowing transgender girls to compete as girls in high school sports violates the civil rights of athletes who have always identified as female, the US Education Department has determined in a decision that could force the state to change course to keep federal funding and influence others to do the same.

Good. The idea that women's footy would be flooded with guys pretending to be women like some kind of b grade chick flick is absurd.
Mhmm. Just wait 10-15 or so years as this is becoming more common before you've got a dozen Mouncey sized pro athletes in AFLW smashing the other women. Then you'll see the issue of this potential precedent.

So I've asked this earlier in this thread and no one was able to provide me an answer:

Tell me about all the injuries that Hannah Mouncey has caused playing for The Darebin Falcons in the VFLW and for Ainslie in Canberra?
Its also about the competitive landscape. As players, a male born has distinct advantage over female born in a sport like AFL.

In 20 years time it would become about which clubs can poach the best trans players in the league. Not exactly a league to celebrate and let women compete....

Its also about the competitive landscape. As players, a male born has distinct advantage over female born in a sport like AFL.

In 20 years time it would become about which clubs can poach the best trans players in the league. Not exactly a league to celebrate and let women compete....
So if the worry is a competitive advantage, have you actually seen Hannah play? Is she easily dismantling opposition teams because of her 'distinct advantage'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back