Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

I'm hoping that we can all agree that any forum/platform (like rumble/kun or telegram etc) that allow the lies that LGBTQ+ education is grooming children, and linking LGBTQ+ to paedophilia (no matter how carefully alluded) is not something that we should accept or willingly be part of.

Does anyone disagree with that?
twitter and facebook are covered in it too

I'm hoping that we can all agree that any forum/platform (like rumble/kun or telegram etc) that allow the lies that LGBTQ+ education is grooming children, and linking LGBTQ+ to paedophilia (no matter how carefully alluded) is not something that we should accept or willingly be part of.

No one should disagree with this.
Even the linking of the cross dressing story time presenters was pretty gross.

No one should disagree with this.
Even the linking of the cross dressing story time presenters was pretty gross.
Yeah, it's one thing to say "We don't like this and you're deliberately trying to normalise it for our kids", but another thing entirely to call it grooming, which is explicitly about sexualised behaviour.

Yeah, it's one thing to say "We don't like this and you're deliberately trying to normalise it for our kids", but another thing entirely to call it grooming, which is explicitly about sexualised behaviour.
What do you mean normalise it for our kids?

As in making the existence and sight of trans people being members of society nothing of note. They are your neighbours, teachers, Coles workers, etc and it's perfectly normal.
Ok and you have an issue with that or you were making a comparison of the difference between saying you dislike that and calling someone a groomer?

Ok and you have an issue with that or you were making a comparison of the difference between saying you dislike that and calling someone a groomer?
No, no issue from me. I was drawing a distinction between making an ideological criticism of the purpose behind the storytime events and linking all trans people to pedophelia / grooming behaviour. Should have been clearer.

No, no issue from me. I was drawing a distinction between making an ideological criticism of the purpose behind the storytime events and linking all trans people to pedophelia / grooming behaviour. Should have been clearer.
Thought so but it was possible to read it both ways thanks for clarifying

As in making the existence and sight of trans people being members of society nothing of note. They are your neighbours, teachers, Coles workers, etc and it's perfectly normal.
It SHOULD be normalised. These are the people in your neighbourhood. Just like that asian girl. This tall african bloke. That punk and this metalhead. The fat chick with the ironic No Fat Chicks t-shirt on. White people. Brown people. Female people. Male people. Those people in between. That lot who don't care to be defined.

This is the canvas of humanity, shan. And its everywhere.

EDIT: I'd misread Shan's response, and didn't take into account the clarification made a few posts later. Apologies for making this seem like a personal attack.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with that.

Apart from one being overt, what's the difference in belief and intention?

You've made the distinction, so I'd really like to see how you distinguish them.

It SHOULD be normalised. These are the people in your neighbourhood. Just like that asian girl. This tall african bloke. That punk and this metalhead. The fat chick with the ironic No Fat Chicks t-shirt on. White people. Brown people. Female people. Male people. Those people in between. That lot who don't care to be defined.

This is the canvas of humanity, shan. And its everywhere.
Was this post intended to sound like you're taking aim at me as if they are my beliefs? I clearly stated they weren't about three posts later.

The whole point for those groups is that they don't want to normalise it, they want to discriminate as deeply as they possibly can against these people, and calling them groomers and pedos achieves that because who likes groomers and pedos right?

Meanwhile I bet a whole heap of them are big fans of the Church...

Sorry I don't really understand what you're asking me. Can you reframe the question?
What's the difference (in your view), between the two examples you've given?
Because I've read it as two different people with two different statements.

If you meant they're both as bad as each other, with no distinguishing aspects, then I've misread and I'm sorry.

What's the difference (in your view), between the two examples you've given?
Because I've read it as two different people with two different statements.

If you meant they're both as bad as each other, with no distinguishing aspects, then I've misread and I'm sorry.
Ah got ya.

I was trying to suggest that the first example ("I disagree with influencing kids to normalise trans/drag") as an argument that I would at least engage with someone about. Whereas the second ("They are all pedos trying to groom kids") doesn't even deserve a response because it's ridiculous.

This is what people are complaining about when they link some trans and pedo behaviour. This guy is wearing no underwear in front of kids, while teachers allow it.

View attachment 1949815
If the photo has not been edited or blurred then I'm not really sure what you think we're looking at because it isn't genitals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back