Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

No. That is my point, thanks.

I assume someone has read the report and not just looked at a Twitter post about it and the report specifies the biological effects of testosterone they are restricting.
Dude the words from the report are in that tweet

b6d665efe1acad76ef8ce6e2673c8d55.jpg

The Ciss Report.

You can read their policy yourself if you don't believe me.

They literally have it in their policy

6.2.2 is amazing. Would literally ben every athlete from participation if it weren't for the word 'transgender'.

6.2.2. transgender athletes who can establish to WN’s satisfaction that they have not experienced the biological effects of testosterone at any time

I suppose there might be some people, somewhere that have some kind of medical issue and have never produced testosterone... but this is not a well written policy which leads me to believe it's not a well researched policy.

Hmm. If they want to form an exclusionary cult they'll have to define membership in terms other than gender-based.
The anti abortion anti birth control crew are now getting the wheels moving in the UK on their real end goal with the Cass report as part of their arguments to remove access to abortion and birth control so that is happening

KJK now spruiking it too as her money has always come from those groups

The anti abortion anti birth control crew are now getting the wheels moving in the UK on their real end goal with the Cass report as part of their arguments to remove access to abortion and birth control so that is happening

KJK now spruiking it too as her money has always come from those groups
Yes. It's a deeply troubling development. Once they start stripping away human rights what is next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crass Report? I won't sh*t on it just yet, but I will sit and have a read when I get a better block of time to myself...

I've only read some of the intro, but the tone is very defensive, as though they were under pressure which they probably were politically, and knew that what they're saying won't be well received.
Of course there are some cases where gender transitioning probably isn't in the best interests of a young person when all the context is analysed, and that can be a tough decision to make, but reports shouldn't be spun to emphasise that over and above the important benefits of transitioning when a trans kid needs that to happen.

I think the idea that people just decide to transition gender on a whim is a bit ridiculous. It reminds me of where society used to be with homosexuality, that it was a choice that people decided upon one day.

Why would anyone try and make their lives more difficult and go through a whole transition just cos?

I think the idea that people just decide to transition gender on a whim is a bit ridiculous. It reminds me of where society used to be with homosexuality, that it was a choice that people decided upon one day.

Why would anyone try and make their lives more difficult and go through a whole transition just cos?
Nah, they actually transition to reap the lucrative rewards of women’s sport!

b6d665efe1acad76ef8ce6e2673c8d55.jpg

The Ciss Report.
There's a LOT of deliberate misinformation and obviously biased language in this graphic.

The requirement for double blind studies is completely untrue. There aren't any. The review would be based on 0 studies if this was the case. What actually happened is a scientific systematic review which categorised the strengths of studies to determine which should be included in the review, which is exactly what a systematic review requires. That very few studies cut the mustard is actually reflective of the findings.

I guess that is much easier than reckoning with the report contents.
And I think there's something rather revealing about how willing you are to dismiss studies you don't agree with, which replicates my opinion of the findings of the Cass Report.

No-one's immune from confirmation bias, Shan. Not even you.

And I think there's something rather revealing about how willing you are to dismiss studies you don't agree with, which replicates my opinion of the findings of the Cass Report.

No-one's immune from confirmation bias, Shan. Not even you.
I haven't dismissed any studies. Neither has the Cass Review, no matter how much activists want to spread false narratives that it did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back