Triple J Hottest 100 2023 - Now with added 200-101

Remove this Banner Ad

Some comments I've seen say that it's more because their target audience just don't use FB or Twitter.
They're really hell bent on their target audience and ignoring everyone else. They shouldn't have such a narrow view. The saying of people ageing out of triple J is mostly on them. It doesn't have to be like that. But it all comes down to $$ now, not the actual music.

They're really hell bent on their target audience and ignoring everyone else. They shouldn't have such a narrow view. The saying of people ageing out of triple J is mostly on them. It doesn't have to be like that. But it all comes down to $$ now, not the actual music.
It's a youth station

I feel like this count, so far, is being defined by some really awful covers/samples.

I feel like this count, so far, is being defined by some really awful covers/samples.
Just wait until you hear Paint the Town Red, yikes.

As for the covers, I find too many of them are almost note for note copies of the original which doesn't really add anything. I can't say I liked the Fall At Your Feet cover (I'm yet to hear a good cover of that), but at least it's a different take even if it didn't do it for me.

Just wait until you hear Paint the Town Red, yikes.

As for the covers, I find too many of them are almost note for note copies of the original which doesn't really add anything. I can't say I liked the Fall At Your Feet cover (I'm yet to hear a good cover of that), but at least it's a different take even if it didn't do it for me.

It's predominately a billyfest for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BMTH back to back just in time for the drive home from brewery hopping in Mount Beauty wad a treat.

Surprised no Amity Affliction this year.

I thought you always expect blink to chart, even when they won’t.

honestly More Than You Know is a fairly weaker track from them but it was their only shortlisted track so it got the votes haha, whereas stronger ones in past years like When I Was Young and EDGING didn’t make it, can’t win 😂

Are there (pop) songs featuring that don't actually get played on Triple J? Or has the artists that each dj plays become really polarised?

I've heard a few songs today that I don't think I've ever heard before, and I listen to some of Lucy and Dave most days... but then, if it's not something that Lucy is into, and if it's pop music that Dave is never into, well I probably wouldn't have heard them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back