Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows.. the AFL and his new club will have to nut that out if and when it occurs.

Knowing our luck.. he’ll go to another club and the crows will have to pay most of his new salary!..
I'd be surprised to see anyone pick him up this season, they'll want a bit more proof like we did.

Or what happens if he does indeed get picked up in the mid season draft
Don't believe he can register for the 2021 mid-season draft,
Last year's rules included these comments.
"Players must have nominated for the most-recent National Draft or previously been on an AFL list"
" A retired player, such as Cyril Rioli, or a player who delists himself must be out of the AFL for at least one full season to be eligible"

We offered for him to stay on our list until the end of 2022, but spend 2021 in the SANFL at the Eagles to get himself sorted out away from the club.

He didn't want to do it so I would imagine that he's voluntarily terminated the contract himself which would more than likely mean that we most probably are not paying him anything or we've agreed on a greatly reduced settlement figure.

That just seems bonkers. Essentially ostracising him from the club. What other club has ever done that before?

You've done something wrong. You're now banished from the seniors to another club's twos. Be a good boy and you can come back in a year.

If that was honestly the offer posited by our brains trust.... its no wonder he wasn't interested. And whoever thought up that idea... should be glove slapped.

Unless we wanted him gone and the s**t sandwich deal was part of the strategy.

Then bravo.

That just seems bonkers. Essentially ostracising him from the club. What other club has ever done that before?

You've done something wrong. You're now banished from the seniors to another club's twos. Be a good boy and you can come back in a year.

If that was honestly the offer posited by our brains trust.... its no wonder he wasn't interested. And whoever thought up that idea... should be glove slapped.

Unless we wanted him gone and the sh*t sandwich deal was part of the strategy.

Then bravo.
He's not allowed to play AFL this year anyway it seems, so I don't see him getting picked up.

I also don't reckon we'd have kept him there all year, one of those "indefinite" suspensions.

But really, we wasted too much time on a guy not really worth it.

He's not allowed to play AFL this year anyway it seems, so I don't see him getting picked up.

I also don't reckon we'd have kept him there all year, one of those "indefinite" suspensions.

The geezer barely had his feet under the table and was breaking rules and protocols..we move on

A year in the SANFL?

Has any club done something like that and retained the player afterwards? Were we following a proven track record with this penalty?
This is like the lowball contract offer ... "if you comply with these (pretty unacceptable) conditions, you can rejoin our playing list (though we really, really don't want you to) in 12 months' time"

I’m sure that by choosing to be off an AFL list he can enjoy less “scrutiny”.
A more “relaxed” environment probably suits him better anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm almost certain he can't play SANFL for WWT until his 4 weeks is up either. He's made his choice, seeya Tyson.

Last edited:
If I was to guess just like everyone else in here. Id say he’d be getting payed out 100% of his contract... a cent less and he’d have every right to take the club to court. He has 1 drink driving strike against his name and 1 recreational drug strike. The other recreational drug use “strike” is even mentioned on the AFL site as “purportedly”.. in other words, its unproven and would get thrown out of court if it came to it.

So officially he has two strikes against his name yet the club, rightly or wrongly depending on personal opinion, wanted him gone or wanted him to serve a year long ban.

They couldnt just rip up his contract and send him packing because his employers (AFL) own recreational drug policy states he gets three strikes.

I’d say the club (and effectively the AFL) will be paying him out his full contract entitlement..

What I want to know is whether it has to be counted in the salary cap for the next two years..
We definitely would be paying him out in full and it most definitely would count against our salary cap. The big loser out of this is us. Stengle will get picked up in June by another club and will likely be paid another 50%-100% on top of the contract we just paid out. So we have another player that we are paying for at another club. I hope the club are happy that they forced out a troubled indigenous player with effectively 1 drug strike when there would be other players on our list that likely do the same thing on a more regular basis. Another scapegoat cast aside because those in control of the club put us in such a bad situation that we can't possibly deal with a player that has one proven drug strike. I believe it's time that we cast aside the real cause of our bad culture which is List management led by our Football Director.

Last edited:
We definitely would be paying him out in full and it most definitely would count against our salary cap. The big loser out of this is us. Stengle will get picked up in June by another club and will likely be paid another 50%-100% on top of the contract we just paid out. So we have another player that we are paying for at another club. I hope the club are happy that they forced out a troubled indigenous player with effectively 1 drug strike when there would be other players on our list that likely do the same thing on a more regular basis. Another scapegoat cast aside because those in control of the club put us in such a bad situation that we can't possibly deal with a player that has one proven drug strike. I believe it's time that we cast aside the real cause of our bad culture which is List management led by our Football Director.

Except he can't go in the mid-season draft

So he has knocked back the clubs proposal with no real alternative option?

Time to move on, Stengle has required to much of the clubs resources to manage his behaviour, its not just these 3 incidents he needs contant management in kife-style, training habits and diet

All the best Tyson

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This situation is essentially just Matthew Jaensch 2.0, except Jaensch didn't get busted as often, 'retired' and played ammos.

So the sticking spot was Tyson wanted to play AFL this season for the Crows whereas the club would only keep him on the list if he was prepared to play for the Eagles and prove himself throughout 2021 to be reinstated to the playing group in 2022. So the ball was firmly in Tyson and his management's court.

I don't think the club's actions from what Adam Kelly just said are unreasonable.
It's a weird one, you can only assume Stengles manager thinks he can get him a gig at the mid season draft.

That being said, it could have been a strategy of the club to offer terms they knew Stengle wouldn't accept to move him on.

After listening to how Adam Kelly explained it all. I am completely comfortable with the clubs decision here. He was already suspended for games at the start of the season and if he was that driven to make something of an AFL career, he would have to play SANFL for the year. As it turns out he's doing that anyway now, playing SANFL for the year. However if he stayed on our list, he could have either been traded easily at the end of the year or been back with an option to play AFL for us in 2022.

But now he is completely off a list with no guarantees of being back on one? I am confused as to why he made this decision and I wonder if or what his mentor Eddie Betts have to say or advised him. Seems stubborn or stupid, given he has made a mistake.

I doubt he'll be allowed or even will have enough time to win back trust to be picked up in the mid-season draft by anyone.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got picked in every game from Round 6 onwards last season

Clearly we were happy enough with him then

To the point that on August 21st, 2020:

Seems a big fall to go from that where we see him as part of our future to someone who must be kept out of the club at all costs. All in a matter of months.

Just yet another * up by us imo. Confusing setting culture with being puritanical

Seems a big fall to go from that where we see him as part of our future to someone who must be kept out of the club at all costs. All in a matter of months.

Just yet another fu** up by us imo. Confusing setting culture with being puritanical
Why is that?

The club backed him in 100% and his way of thanking them was to virtually shat in their face.

It seems Tyson still isn't prepared to accept responsibility for his poor choices.

This is like the lowball contract offer ... "if you comply with these (pretty unacceptable) conditions, you can rejoin our playing list (though we really, really don't want you to) in 12 months' time"

They had to offer him the possibility of staying otherwise he was entitled to a pay out for the full two years. This has panned out exactly like AFC wanted. I think Olsen would have had a bit to do with this.

Just yet another fu** up by us imo. Confusing setting culture with being puritanical

The part that raised my eyebrows was wanting him to play the year in the SANFL. That really was vintage Adelaide.

Either he stays or he goes... but that ”solution” achieves absolutely ******* nothing.

They had to offer him the possibility of staying otherwise he was entitled to a pay out for the full two years. This has panned out exactly like AFC wanted. I think Olsen would have had a bit to do with this.

So we wouldn't have paid him out for the full 2 years? Whether it was just for this year or for both years, I assume it all would fall under this year's salary cap if we've delisted him? As opposed to, say, Bryce Gibbs who we kept on the list this year, presumably so we could spread his payout into this year's cap instead of having to fit it all into last year's?

I hope paying out Stengle still leaves us enough space under the cap to fit in another player if we decide we want to take somebody in the mid season draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back