Under Age U17's All-Stars Match Team Murphy v Team Houli - Saturday 24th September 9:35 AM, STreaming on AFL.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Houli's just moved the ball better in transition and stunted Murphy's ball movement better heading forward. We knew it coming in, but this game has just reinforced why clubs and watchers are more optimistic about 2023's draft, even moreso when considering that Reid, Watson and Moir are outs and arguably top 5 talents, then a chunk of WA's top prospects in Mitchell Edwards (arguably the best ruck in the draft), Ethan Logan and Clay Hall are playing their prelim instead

It's a shame Will McCabe couldn't really get into the game, had a few good intercept possessions but I don't think his future in the AFL is as a halfback. Would have loved to see him up in the forward line, but alas pretty much everyone in this game could stake a claim to be a forward.

Despite Reid looking the standout, there are a few kids here who look really spectacular and I'll be keeping an eye on quite a few. Delean was very impressive, the more I watch the more I like. Tholstrup, McKercher, Lorenz, all very interesting games. Philactides showed his speed and skill, Duursma popped up here and there. It's looking like a very strong cohort.

I’m at work, so can not watch. How have the two Lions academy boys gone? Richardson and McDonald.

Are they playing forward or in defence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame Will McCabe couldn't really get into the game, had a few good intercept possessions but I don't think his future in the AFL is as a halfback. Would have loved to see him up in the forward line, but alas pretty much everyone in this game could stake a claim to be a forward.

Despite Reid looking the standout, there are a few kids here who look really spectacular and I'll be keeping an eye on quite a few. Delean was very impressive, the more I watch the more I like. Tholstrup, McKercher, Lorenz, all very interesting games. Philactides showed his speed and skill, Duursma popped up here and there. It's looking like a very strong cohort.
Do you mean Curtain was the standout. He was fantastic. Really liked his game. He's definitely one to watch in 2023. Reminds me of Glenn Jakovich, a pure CHB. He's massive now and once he fills out he will be a weapon at afl level.
Delean was another that was great. He gets to good spots and takes his opportunities when they count. I know there wasn't much defence played yesterday bit nonetheless he was elusive.
Philactides is lightning quick. The passage of play down the wing to hit up the fwd was a real highlight along with his kicking
Duursma showed moments of why he will be right up there in the top 10 next year. His presence up fwd was worrying the team Houli defence. I love seeing him jump for everything. His first grab and goal was elite.
Tholstrup is another player that has a tonne of upside as he can play multiple positions. I've seen him play better than yesterday, but again his moments were great. Looking fwd to seeing what position he plays his footy next year
McKercher had a lot of the ball. Played his mid role really well. I also liked his work when he didn't have the ball, he must have had quite a few tackles. A real mid bull. He's a first rounder next year.
Lorenz has kinda come come the clouds. He played real well in the u17 game earlier in the year and continued his good form yesterday. He uses the ball well and is a bit of a ball inside.

Curtin will be ours in 2023

From the Herald Sun.

Sounds about right. I really liked Harvey Thomas's game, he's a quiet achiever. Lightly built, must be approx 175cm and is a nice user of the ball on both sides of his body.

Futures game.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back